Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl! >
  • May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

• May2011 Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl!

Old 05-02-2011, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
    Good morning losers and quilters.

I am down 6.6# since last Monday when I started the 17-day diet. In fairness, I am also doing a colon cleanse; without it my results would be diminished. In reference to a discussion on last month's thread, when I have 'those' issues, I use OxyPowder. $45 for a bottle and is extremely effective.

Have a successful Monday!

Lynne
    LOL, Lynne, now you're making me wonder what we newbies missed last month! No no - just kidding - don't go there. :D
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 AM

Wow this is going to be a very hard for me this month. Here in illinois ITS MUSHROOM SEASON! For those of you who dont know- they are morals- for about 3 weeks they pop up in the woods and you clean them - soak them- dip them in egg/milk then in cracker/flour mix and then.... you fry them in................BUTTER! And it's only 3 weeks out of the entire year and there is absolutly nowhere to buy them. You can only get them from walking through the woods and looking for them. Oh the temptation!
    Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 AM

I want to welcome all the newbies this month. I am glad to see so much activity on this thread so far this month. We are all here to help each other by motivating, encouraging, cheering each other on, and for a shoulder to lean on when you're having a not so good day. I have found it to be such a benefit to have somene share the weight loss venture with. It's much easier than doing it alone. It's also good to see the familiar ones returning this month. We all seem to be off to a good start this month. Good luck to every one. WE WILL DO THIS!!!! I hope you all have a good day of making healthy eating choices. Sandy
    Old 05-02-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Missy, new research shows that interval training is more effective at fat removal than hard exercise. You walk hard for just one minute then easy for two. It's got to be easier on your knees and feet, too. Thanks for bringing that out of my memory bank. It's easy with the dogs. They don't care how fast or slow I go. They are on long leads with there own agendas.

When that becomes too easy, then do two hard minutes and two easy minutes. You are doing so well. I hope your determination is contagious. We all need to move more - well, maybe not Carol. Not talking about you, Carol. Just admiring your ability to exercise.

I do have a big Schwinn exercise bike in my living room, but I hate it. The scenery never changes and there are no squirrels in the house to make riding exciting.
    Oh wow. Never thought of that before. I will try that today at the gym.

You guys are so great!

Missy
    Old 05-02-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    You are doing great Missy. You sound so motivated keep it up and I may catch the vibes from you.
    Hugs Gail
    Thank you so much Gail! I am really trying hard. I not only really want to have this surgery but I need to have it too. I love it that we can encourage and inspire each other to do more and better. Such a great support is this group!

Missy
    Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 AM

Thanks for letting me join in gang! I have a lot of weight to lose but I'm starting out by aiming small. I really need to work on my eating habits. You'd think, since I'm a vegetarian, losing weight would be easy. Nope. Junk food is very vegetarian friendly, lol.

I just got off my exercise bike. I start my mornings on it while I watch a dvr'd episode of The Talk. (I'm a multi-tasker, so I also read my morning paper.) Now, since I'm motivated, I'm going for a walk.
    Old 05-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Welcome Deedee. I'm with you in that I have a lot of weight to lose also. My ultimate goal is so far away I cannot focus on it. I set small goals, to which I focus on. Eventually all my small goals will add up to my long range goal. You have to start out small, making 1 change at a time. I think you will love this thread. It is full of motivation, encouragement and inspiration. Good luck in your venture of getting healthier. Sandy
    Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 AM

got my FQ mailed to nanny sandy? right? Apr's big loser. and i ironed it and folded it like someone suggested. and it fit in a 10" white envel. stuck 2 stamps on it, and dropped it in the box. hope it goes like that. what a neat idea.

you ladies better get a move on. i want all the FQ's this month!!!!
    Old 05-02-2011, 09:47 AM

We have another friend:

46. kim_s

Challenge for today:
    What will I do DIFFERENT today to benefit my health? Will I laugh? stay on my lifestyle change? drink more water? give up something? move more?

Tell us what you are doing DIFFERENT today!

Today I am walking 1 mile. MJ
    Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 AM

Today, I went for a walk and I'm determined to drink more water! I have seriously slacked off on drinking water, which is stupid because I love water!