Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who makes scrappy quilts? >

Who makes scrappy quilts?

Who makes scrappy quilts?

Old 03-23-2010, 05:46 PM

Rexene,
The first three quilts are all Bonnie Hunter patterns and are available on her site - for free no less. The names are underneath the quilts. Her instructions are wonderful. She's on www.quiltville.com
Thank you for the compliments. Old Tobacco Road is still waiting for the borders. I found one fabric that is so busy, but so fits the pattern!!!
Thanks
Judi

Originally Posted by Rexene
Originally Posted by Judi in Ohio
The pic didn't attach - here ya go.
Judi, all of your quilts are beautiful! I love the way you did the 2nd scrappy with the wide strips between the smaller ones. What is the name of the block in the 1st, 2nd and 4th quilts?
Old 03-23-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Scrappy is my all time favorite. I host a scrap surprise every spring, this will be about the eighth or ninth year. The controlled scrappy here is one of them.
Love that Log Cabin Scrappy!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
me, me, me!! I love scrappy quilts but I usually make mine with controlled colors. I recently made a burgundy and tan scrappy square in a square, a scrappy blue and white bear paw, a scrappy purple and white bear paw and I'm almost finished with a scrappy navy and cream log cabin.
do you have any pix of them?
I love scrappy. I would rather die with 20 "ugly" scrappy quilts instead if boxes of scraps. I can't post a picture of my latest because it's half quilted. It was from a quilters guild last week. Here's a photo of the pattern- it's really easy. But this one is not mine!
Where can we get our own pattern to make this quilt? I almost think I can see the simpleness of a portion but then I lose it in admiring the entire quilt!!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:00 PM

I make lots of scrappy lap robes (38"sq) for nursing home patients. It is a joy to watch their faces as their hands point out different colors and designs on the squares.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
Originally Posted by just_the_scraps_m'am
Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
me, me, me!! I love scrappy quilts but I usually make mine with controlled colors. I recently made a burgundy and tan scrappy square in a square, a scrappy blue and white bear paw, a scrappy purple and white bear paw and I'm almost finished with a scrappy navy and cream log cabin.
do you have any pix of them?
I love scrappy. I would rather die with 20 "ugly" scrappy quilts instead if boxes of scraps. I can't post a picture of my latest because it's half quilted. It was from a quilters guild last week. Here's a photo of the pattern- it's really easy. But this one is not mine!
SaraSewing: please what is the name of this pattern and where can we get one? Thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 06:11 PM

I am a scrappy-holic. Love them.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:15 PM

I love scrappy. I would rather die with 20 "ugly" scrappy quilts instead if boxes of scraps. I can't post a picture of my latest because it's half quilted. It was from a quilters guild last week. Here's a photo of the pattern- it's really easy. But this one is not mine![/quote]

SaraSewing: please what is the name of this pattern and where can we get one? Thanks[/quote]

Here are the instructions. It's basically cut 2 1/2 inch strips of both light and dark.

Then cut them into 2 1/2 inch squares and 4 1/2 inch bars.

Sew a light to a dark, and dark to light, over and over.

Then sew them into units, using both light and dark.

It's super easy, fast and fun.

By Virginia Holyoak
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26960[/ATTACH]

Virginia's Star Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26961[/ATTACH]

Also called "oh my stars"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26962[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26960.jpe   attachment-26961.jpe   attachment-26962.jpe  
Old 03-23-2010, 06:17 PM

Most of my quilts are scrap quilts. It's very rare that I've purchased enough fabric to complete a full quilt other than my background and sashing fabrics which tie them together. Of course sometimes I don't decide on the sashing until the blocks are done and then I decide the color and what to do with them.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jean Judson
I make scrappy quilts, too! I cut leftover pieces into 2 1/2" and 1 1/2' squares and 1' strips. it helps to use up the stash and anything made with scraps always looks great.
Can we see one please, please?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:23 PM

I love scappy quilts. I too use controlled colors.