"Weigh In"

Old 04-02-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by karielt
You ladies are so funny I love you all. I just want all of you to know that this has meant the world to me. This is what I needed to get moving and get healthy. I don't have much on the secret side but I'll tell you what I'm doing. First of all I do have ALOT to lose so I'm sure this first month was just water weight and finely getting up and doing something. The other things are all Ideas I got from reading a lot of books.
1. Get rid of all white flour and sugar. At least as much as you can
2. Add soy to you diet like tofu to scrabbled eggs or stir fry. I though this sounded gross but it wasn't bad. Changed over to soy milk. It also helps with the hormone balance.
3. My snacks are nuts/ Walnuts in the oatmeal/ Almonds at snack time
4. Lots of green....... If it’s green it’s good for you. I have started juicing and spinach tastes lots better in apple juice. Ok I gross my boss out drinking green. LOL
5. I love DR OZ and I have his program recording everyday to give me a boost to be healthy.
6. Walk away the pounds video every morning and 3 times a week Yoga class.... Ok I try... my body doesn't go into the directions they want it but holy cow you really get a stretch and you feel it the next day and its very low impact.
Ok that is what I'm doing other than reading all your inspiration. Hope this helps someone....

Karie's got it going on! :D

One thing about yoga (I'm certified RYT200 with Nat'l Yoga Alliance) is that you go where it is comfortable FOR YOU. And...yoga practice is FOR YOU. So, when you do your practice, do what feels good for your body, no matter what it looks like. Some people are just naturally bendy and can easily "look like they're supposed to". Your job is to get on your mat and breathe. Even if you didn't move a muscle and breathed for an hour, you're doing yoga. :D
Old 04-02-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Thanks for the advice. When I first started going all there were was skinny girls doing it right and I felt stupid but I did what I could and the teacher showed me how to modify. Every time I do it I hurt everywhere the next day not in just one place so I could tell it was helping me all over not just one place like working out on weights.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:24 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

You ladies are so funny I love you all. I just want all of you to know that this has meant the world to me. This is what I needed to get moving and get healthy. I don't have much on the secret side but I'll tell you what I'm doing. First of all I do have ALOT to lose so I'm sure this first month was just water weight and finely getting up and doing something. The other things are all Ideas I got from reading a lot of books.
1. Get rid of all white flour and sugar. At least as much as you can
2. Add soy to you diet like tofu to scrabbled eggs or stir fry. I though this sounded gross but it wasn't bad. Changed over to soy milk. It also helps with the hormone balance.
3. My snacks are nuts/ Walnuts in the oatmeal/ Almonds at snack time
4. Lots of green....... If it’s green it’s good for you. I have started juicing and spinach tastes lots better in apple juice. Ok I gross my boss out drinking green. LOL
5. I love DR OZ and I have his program recording everyday to give me a boost to be healthy.
6. Walk away the pounds video every morning and 3 times a week Yoga class.... Ok I try... my body doesn't go into the directions they want it but holy cow you really get a stretch and you feel it the next day and its very low impact.
Ok that is what I'm doing other than reading all your inspiration. Hope this helps someone....
Karielt, you are so sweet. Just makes me even happier that you won. Thanks for sharing your "secrets." You've got it going on girlfriend! I can't wait to send you your prize. Can you please tell me what your preferences are? I've been working on building my stash and I want your prizes to be as special as you are. :-)
Old 04-02-2010, 10:39 AM

I think we should hear from the runners up too!! Those girls lost a lot of weight for the month, so girls I'm sure you have some tips and secrets to help the rest of us!! We are anxious for you to share with us. Congratulations to everyone who took off the excess lbs.!!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:50 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Lneal
I think we should hear from the runners up too!! Those girls lost a lot of weight for the month, so girls I'm sure you have some tips and secrets to help the rest of us!! We are anxious for you to share with us. Congratulations to everyone who took off the excess lbs.!!
For sure! Congratulations, and how much better you must feel after losing that much weight. Waiting to see your posts. :-)
Old 04-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

You asked for it you are getting it...........hearing from me that is. I posted most of this before.

I do calories, I measure and weigh everything. When I make pasta 2 oz uncooked seems like so little so I add veggies to the sauce. Onions, green peppers, eggplant. So on top of my pasta I put 1 cup of sauce and 1 oz grated romano cheese for the protein. I have cut out most sugar and most days I don't have any bread. I also stopped eating butter. If I need to use a little oil I use olive oil. I make small loaves of fruit bread using 1/2 the sugar called for and slice it very thin. The bread has tahini and pureed fruit in it so it is healthy. I change the fruit in it so it taste different all the time. I snack on hard boiled eggs, carrots and soup. I make pots of veggie or bean, split pea and lentil soup. 1/2 c serving takes the edge off of your hunger it will fill you up not out and is low in calories but packed with fiber and protein. The bean/lentils/peas take longer to digest so you feel full longer. Sometimes I will have a cup of soup with melted cheese on top for lunch. For breakfast I have 2 tablespoons of oatmeal in 1/4 c water, microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. then I add 1/2 jar baby fruit, pears or something like that along with cinnamon and cloves. It is only 60 cal per serving so it is good for an afternoon snack too. Before I go to bed I have 3/4 c plain yogurt and add fruit to it. The calcium in the yogurt helps you sleep. (not me personally I never sleep) I flavor my water with cinnamon or cloves, they both curb hunger. I eat very little potatoes or rice, only a few times per week. My dinner will consist of 4 oz grilled chicken and steamed veggies. Sometimes I will put lemon juice on the veggies never butter. I make a 3 bean salad that I will also snack on, Green beans have only 20 calories for 1/2 cup. About an hour or so after dinner is when I am hungry again I don't know why so that is when I have a BIG salad no dressing. I flavor it with roasted red peppers, salt, pepper and a sprinkle (1 tbsp)of grated romano or cheddar cheese. If I use dressing it is made with yocheese and spices. I have a smoothie in the afternoon. 1 c non fat milk, 1/2 jar (leftover from breakfast) baby fruit 1/2 tsp vanilla and lots of ice crubes then blend it. The ice cubes make it really thick so it tasts like a milk shake. yummo. If I think I will be having too many calories for the day I will omit the fruit and add coffe and 1/2 tsp cocoa powder and have a mocha smoothie instead. I am never hungry as I was before I started to diet because I eat every 2-3 hours. I never let more then 3 hours pass without eating or drinking ( as in a smoothie or milk) something. I haven't started to exercise as of yet I was suppose to start a few weeks ago but didn't. This Monday I will start to exercise and I will do pilates. I feel if you wait about 2 months before you start to exercise you will boost your matabolism.

So that is it in a nut shell. :-D :-D Any questions I will be happy to answer them for you. Need recipes just ask.

BRENDA>>>>>>> As for how do I feel well you know my story so mentally there is no change however.............this morning I realized my tummy looks smaller. I knew it was since my undies were fall off of me last week ( I am not shy I posted it) but to see the difference in the mirror gave me the motive to continue my journey to lose more weight. Only 50lbs more to go........YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!1

Let's all keep up the good work ladies!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM

Well everyone did a super job this month. I have to say, I don't understand one thing, when I go to the gym, I seem to weight more at the end of the week than when I don't go? I have been up & down so many time I've lost count. My Dr gets upset with me as I thing she thinks I can just drop 50LBS overnight, sure wish I could.
I'll keep pluging along at my own pace, who knows I may get there yet.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
You asked for it you are getting it...........hearing from me that is. I posted most of this before.

I do calories, I measure and weigh everything. When I make pasta 2 oz uncooked seems like so little so I add veggies to the sauce. Onions, green peppers, eggplant. So on top of my pasta I put 1 cup of sauce and 1 oz grated romano cheese for the protein. I have cut out most sugar and most days I don't have any bread. I also stopped eating butter. If I need to use a little oil I use olive oil. I make small loaves of fruit bread using 1/2 the sugar called for and slice it very thin. The bread has tahini and pureed fruit in it so it is healthy. I change the fruit in it so it taste different all the time. I snack on hard boiled eggs, carrots and soup. I make pots of veggie or bean, split pea and lentil soup. 1/2 c serving takes the edge off of your hunger it will fill you up not out and is low in calories but packed with fiber and protein. The bean/lentils/peas take longer to digest so you feel full longer. Sometimes I will have a cup of soup with melted cheese on top for lunch. For breakfast I have 2 tablespoons of oatmeal in 1/4 c water, microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. then I add 1/2 jar baby fruit, pears or something like that along with cinnamon and cloves. It is only 60 cal per serving so it is good for an afternoon snack too. Before I go to bed I have 3/4 c plain yogurt and add fruit to it. The calcium in the yogurt helps you sleep. (not me personally I never sleep) I flavor my water with cinnamon or cloves, they both curb hunger. I eat very little potatoes or rice, only a few times per week. My dinner will consist of 4 oz grilled chicken and steamed veggies. Sometimes I will put lemon juice on the veggies never butter. I make a 3 bean salad that I will also snack on, Green beans have only 20 calories for 1/2 cup. About an hour or so after dinner is when I am hungry again I don't know why so that is when I have a BIG salad no dressing. I flavor it with roasted red peppers, salt, pepper and a sprinkle (1 tbsp)of grated romano or cheddar cheese. If I use dressing it is made with yocheese and spices. I have a smoothie in the afternoon. 1 c non fat milk, 1/2 jar (leftover from breakfast) baby fruit 1/2 tsp vanilla and lots of ice crubes then blend it. The ice cubes make it really thick so it tasts like a milk shake. yummo. If I think I will be having too many calories for the day I will omit the fruit and add coffe and 1/2 tsp cocoa powder and have a mocha smoothie instead. I am never hungry as I was before I started to diet because I eat every 2-3 hours. I never let more then 3 hours pass without eating or drinking ( as in a smoothie or milk) something. I haven't started to exercise as of yet I was suppose to start a few weeks ago but didn't. This Monday I will start to exercise and I will do pilates. I feel if you wait about 2 months before you start to exercise you will boost your matabolism.

So that is it in a nut shell. :-D :-D Any questions I will be happy to answer them for you. Need recipes just ask.

BRENDA>>>>>>> As for how do I feel well you know my story so mentally there is no change however.............this morning I realized my tummy looks smaller. I knew it was since my undies were fall off of me last week ( I am not shy I posted it) but to see the difference in the mirror gave me the motive to continue my journey to lose more weight. Only 50lbs more to go........YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!1

Let's all keep up the good work ladies!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
That is the ultimate satisfaction, Trupeach--having your clothes falling off and seeing the difference in the mirror. Great job, and you are an inspiration. :-)
Old 04-03-2010, 05:38 AM

My MIL sent this to me about Cinnamon and Honey and how it helps with weight loss along with other problems that I deal with such as arthritis, hearing loss, and high cholesterol. I copied the information into a word document but dh researched it and there are several sites that have the same information. I am attaching my word document because it has the ratios of cinnamon:honey. I am going to "kill 3 birds with one stone" by using the 2:2 ratio in a cup of hot water. This will hopefully, lower my cholesterol, help my hearing, regulate my blood sugar (pre-diabetic and hypoglycemic), and help me lose weight.

Oh and I love being a "loser" :D
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Attachment-42995.doc (34.0 KB, 87 views)
Old 04-03-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Thanks for the advice. When I first started going all there were was skinny girls doing it right and I felt stupid but I did what I could and the teacher showed me how to modify. Every time I do it I hurt everywhere the next day not in just one place so I could tell it was helping me all over not just one place like working out on weights.
Keep at it. Just make sure the "hurt all over" feeling is not pain, but more like....you can tell you did something the day before. A good rule of thumb is you should feel like you could do yoga every day. If it feels like you broke something the day before, you may be able to back off a wee bit.