Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-26-2011, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by cnolan
Originally Posted by greenini
I'm also gonna be looking for a 222 and a 301 seriously...
I just have to tell you... when I went to Canada about 10 years ago, my neighbor asked me to get her "some 222". Well, I did not know about old sewing machines then, and had a devil of a time figuring out what she wanted. I don't know if they still have either of these things, but back then, Canada had a lottery called "The 222". They also sold a pain reliever called 222, which contained codeine, aspirin, and caffeine. (The pain reliever is what my friend wanted.)

I know this is not remotely related to quilting, but the comment sent me down memory lane, so I thought I would share.
:wink:
Isn't it strange how not being really descriptive of what we want we cause huge confusion. I guess a 222 machine would not relieve her headache!

Which reminds me that language/word meanings mean different things according to where you live. Working through US culinary terms for a Brit like me is like learning a whole new language. Not a complaint, as it is fun to find out about the way others live.
My sister lived in Florida for several years and she went into the school her children attended to speak to them about the UK. one of the things she talked about was the different meanings words had in the US to how we use it in UK. we had great fun compiling a list she could use and had about 20 common words.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
Originally Posted by tedytrser
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Having so much fun glad they are continuing!!!!!!!!~
Me too!! :thumbup: I am still admiring all of the goodies that you sent to me for the May swap. I just love to walk by the beautiful fabric & stroke it. Still deciding what I want to do with some of it!!

Well, I will be waiting to see the pictures come across of what you make with it. Have a very great day!
:D :D :D :D
8-) 8-)
Old 05-26-2011, 07:33 AM

Acording to my calculations, from responses from my pms, everyone left on the bench has a package coming in the mail!!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

That's great Lori!!Job well done everyone!!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197
TFquilter, how do you get your smiley faces to jump up and down like that? Please explain as I am not sure how to do it and I love it.
Fine a smiley you would like to post..

Right click on the smiley and click on copy img url...

then type [ img ]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...902/WooHoo.gif[ /IMG ]

without the spacing I hope this makes sense...

And then it should post your picture like this...

[img]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...902/WooHoo.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-26-2011, 08:53 AM

Whoo Hoo, its on its way should be delivered tomorrow, hope the wait has been worth it and you like your squishy.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:49 AM

I hope I get my squishy today! I'm leaving tomorrow until next Sunday. BOO HOO! I'll be on pins & needles all week!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 AM

I did not get my squishy today. I won't be home until Sunday June whatever next Sunday is! So I won't be able to PM Lori or my SP, my apologies. Maybe my daughter can log in for me when it comes just so you know it's safe and sound! Unless the Post Office is really nice and lets me pick it up if it comes in tomorrow before I leave!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:44 PM

I received a fabulous package today from my secret pal Quiltdraggon..Shannon. I will post photos as soon as the camera battery is charge.
Thank you Shannon!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by JSNOMORE
YIPPEE I'm off the bench. I received a wonderful firmy from busymom. It was well worth the wait. She put a little bit of everything I like in there and even sent a little gift for my furbabies.(who are now fighting over it) They are just like little kids. I recieved a very pretty americana box with fat quarters inside and a flag pin. garden accents wrapped in another fq. a pin cushion and the cutest pins to put in it. a notebook and a note from busymom. Thank you so much.
Lovely gifts. WOW wouldnt your floor make a GORGEOUS quilt. I love your floors. :)
Thanks Deanna,
I have been on those floors pinning quilts many times.