Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Need to Vent!!!!!! >

I Need to Vent!!!!!!

I Need to Vent!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 06:51 AM

I know how you feel. I have a Jannome, 199.00$, LEARNED IT FORWARSDS AND BACKWARDS, and every time it needs adjusting, it's another $89.00, I could buy a new one but I don't want to have to learn a new machine. We are prisoners to our machines and the repairman. BooHoo....I was lucky though, my DD came and worked on mine and fixed it for me. I call her my little (40 yr ol) tecky..A screw had fallen out, due to my machine quilting, and she got it back in, we put a spot of locktite on it so maybe that won't happen again...
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 AM

OK ladies! Let's get over it. Progress and upgrades are going to happen, with or without our consent/cooperation. I have two Viking Designer I machines and I love them. The are the floppy disc generation. HOWEVER, I CAN have them upgraded to USB connections.
I just read the whole thread. There are "not too expensive" ways to solve all the problems. #1, get to know a good techie. Listen and learn from him/her. Both of my computers were custom built for me. Both can be upgraded very reasonably.
We just have to wake up and go with the flow.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 AM

Haven't read through all the posts, but if no one has mentioned this, I know I can run and older version of a program in Windows if I right click on the program, click on properties, go to compatibility tab, then choose the operating system it used to work in.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by peacebypiece View Post
OK ladies! Let's get over it. Progress and upgrades are going to happen, with or without our consent/cooperation. I have two Viking Designer I machines and I love them. The are the floppy disc generation. HOWEVER, I CAN have them upgraded to USB connections.
I just read the whole thread. There are "not too expensive" ways to solve all the problems. #1, get to know a good techie. Listen and learn from him/her. Both of my computers were custom built for me. Both can be upgraded very reasonably.
We just have to wake up and go with the flow.
Think this is a little harsh....it is the software that was an issue for me, not the sewing machine. I believe it was when the operating system went from XP to Vista that the software was not compatable, I was told by Brother that I needed to buy the new version for $800......just because my computer crashed and I had to buy a new computer and only Vista was available as an operating system... so I purchase a simple used laptop for $100 with the old XP....I am all with waking up and going with the flow, but really have a hard time spending that kind of money on simple embroidery software....