Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-02-2011, 05:49 AM

Morning Ladies! Jeanne, I think you hit the nail on the head with the quote One Day at A Time!!!! Some days I think it's 1 hour at a time!

I like the idea of a forbidden food too. If no one else wants to do it, I will. Always looking for a way to help out but y'all run a wonderfully smooth thread here.

Now for some FUN news. I went to a quilters garage sale at my LQS. It was customers destashing & it was a dream come true for me. I got a Jasmine oak quilt hoop with stand for $25 (retails for $475!!!) 5" ginhger snips, a little quiling Boyds bear, needles, 1 3/4 of batik layer cakes and.......69 YARDS of fabric!!!! the total was under $100. I have been washing , ironing & ruler folding for 2 days with a HUGE grin on my face.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:21 AM

Good way to use those last tomatoes. I slice them, put a thin piece of lowfat natural mozzerella on top, sprinkle with dill seed, seasalt, and olive oil. It is the best!!!
I am off to a good start. Shopped with my daughter yesterday, and I am sure we WALKED a hundred miles or so.
Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Lynne, are you sure you want me posting?
Judy
YES MA'AM!!! As much as you can! I miss you when you aren't here.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 AM

[/quote]

I think my ortho dr said each pound was like 6 pounds of pressure on my knees...regardless it made sense for me to drop some weight too AND I liked hearing that from you because I kinda thought it sounded unbelievable when the dr said it. I started out this January really gunho & I ended up on that couch as well. Took me forever to get back where I could just walk without pain, so I am going slow & steady now.[/quote]

Girl, we are two peas in a pod. I went for my first walk in over 3 weeks last night. No speed, just on my feet for 1/2 hour. Slow & steady is good. My ortho told me for each pound I lose, I spare my knees 4# of stress. Running is like 10X your body weight. Running ruined my knees - should've lost weight FIRST.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
princess-- a few months ago i was told not to say i want to lose, but i am losing. it's a more positive statement. actually, it works, so i'm passing it on to you. i am going to lose 2 pounds this week. like you, i am glad to accept a larger amount! one-derland is a marvelous place, and there is room for more! water's great so come on in!!
cindy is in my thoughts and prayers too.
irish-- you pull a stunt like that again and we will converge on your house! no telling what we can do!
lynne- i'll give you my daughter's address. she's a dp addict too. i came off it when i moved here. they do sell it here, but it's not the same!
Nancia, remember years ago when New Coke came out? Obviously I was not the only one turned off by it. I have been a DP junkie, but won't be this month. I've often believed that an IV was necessary. This is day 2 and I can tell you I want one.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Hi, I would like to join you, if I may. I have been a yo yo dieter most of my life until a few years ago when I decided I was going to get rid of some of the flab for good. Healthy eating has helped me to drop 84lbs and still going..... but it is harder now, especially as I have a health condition taht entails taking meds that put weight on! It makes it hard, but I am still determined. I would love some encouragement as well as give some.

Sue
Sue, your weight loss is more than impressive! Welcome to our group.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 AM

I think my ortho dr said each pound was like 6 pounds of pressure on my knees...regardless it made sense for me to drop some weight too AND I liked hearing that from you because I kinda thought it sounded unbelievable when the dr said it. I started out this January really gunho & I ended up on that couch as well. Took me forever to get back where I could just walk without pain, so I am going slow & steady now.[/quote]

Girl, we are two peas in a pod. I went for my first walk in over 3 weeks last night. No speed, just on my feet for 1/2 hour. Slow & steady is good. My ortho told me for each pound I lose, I spare my knees 4# of stress. Running is like 10X your body weight. Running ruined my knees - should've lost weight FIRST.[/quote]

I think the science must be disputed as to how many actual pounds knee stress each pound is. But it is definitely less stress on your knees and every other joint.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:15 AM

Howdy yall! I am getting ready to leave the hotel and head back home to South Dakota. My mom played in the big tournament until well after 3 am. She busted out at that time. So, no million dollars for us. Oh well. She had fun nonetheless.

Thank you for all the sweet messages to me. I so love this group of people! You guys are the best!!

Missy
Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Good morning, y'all. I slept like a rock last night and missed church this morning! I just got up! Wow!

I love all the chatter, this is fun. I was a member of TOPS and was even chapter president. I went to the TOPS group here in Corinth but it seemed like a clique. So I stopped going.

One of the ways I encourage weight loss is to give Journal questions. You don't have to keep a journal but it does help with your weight loss and behavior modification.

Journal thought- If I KNEW what I ate today would affect my health in 30 days, what would I do DIFFERENTLY?
You know what? It will! If you stay on your program for 30 days and lose 3 pounds, it will prevent your heart from pumping miles of extra blood, it will relieve your knees from extra stress, and it will make you feel better all over! So what is holding you back?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:16 AM

WELL! After being rudely cut off from the Board by a power failure, here is the most recent list of October participants.

1.Purplemem
2.Meanmom
3.JHolm
4.Createfourpaws
5.Leann
6.Beachbound
7.Lauriejo
8.Mim
9.Mythreesuns
10.Marscrafter
11.Nancia
12.Sheila_H
13.Pam H
14.Podunk Princess
15.Xylie55
16.Demshine
17. NanaDInkel
18. Grandma she she
19. conniebrooks
20. reisingranch
21. jarenie
22. Murphy1
23. katvert
24. glassnquilts
25. bettyanne14
26. candyce
27. irishrose
28. jlwheart
29. Gelswood
30. bjeriann
31. crazy_quilter
32. Jeannette in NJ
33. oldcottontop
34. tussymussy
35. quilthappygail
36. BettyKay

Please let me know if I have omitted you.