Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

OH NO!!!!! Its not saying CUT ME!!! No package ever wants to be opened with scissors or a knife! Packages, especially surprize packages must be ripped open with with your fingers, teeth...toes...whatever works! It must be done in a frenzied manner...you know you don't want to hurt that boxes feelings!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:42 AM

Ahhh....ok.
Well, it thumped it's way BACK upstairs again! It's on my ironing board!
It's mumbling something that I cannot understand....
Old 11-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Maybe you just don't understand "box".....you know it is another language... :roll: I have successfully heaped a pile of WIP's on top of mine. It can still breath, but I don't have to listen to it and it can't watch me anymore. Thankfully the hairs on the back of my neck have laid back down. :wink:
Old 11-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by sandpat
Maybe you just don't understand "box".....you know it is another language... :roll: I have successfully heaped a pile of WIP's on top of mine. It can still breath, but I don't have to listen to it and it can't watch me anymore. Thankfully the hairs on the back of my neck have laid back down. :wink:
Once you relax that is when something unexpected COULD happen!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ahhh....ok.
Well, it thumped it's way BACK upstairs again! It's on my ironing board!
It's mumbling something that I cannot understand....
It's mumbling....sucker don't listen to those quilting ladies, you don't have to follow the rules open me NOW!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Old 11-13-2009, 06:32 AM

Pam: My experience as a quilter, seamstress, crocheter, knitter and crafter is that no body makes things for me. When I've asked, they tell me it is because I can make it for myself if I want one. When I receive something 'homemade' I am overjoyed. Someone took the time to make something they thought I would like. For example: I needed to send a CD to a friend last Christmas. Instead of just sending it, I made a round potholder with a pocket in the back, slipped the CD in the potholder, wrapped in tissue and mailed it to my friend. The whole thing cost $1.25 because the CD was a copy of a concert I played in during my Army years. I used scraps for the potholder and poof, a wonderful holiday gift from me.

Another idea might be a cookie cookbook. The twist is, using quart jars, make up some cookie mixes from the cookbook. Put a pretty label on the jar and cover the cap with a small piece of holiday fabric. All she adds are the wet ingredients and she has hot warm cookies fresh from the oven. Add a couple of wooden spoons and a really cute fabric tray/serving container (on the forum) and you've got a true treasure.

If the gift comes from your heart and you enjoy making and giving it, the gift is perfect. Gwyn
Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Wow Gwyn those are awesome ideas, would not have thought of that. Thanks!!

And you know I am sure there are many of us out there that are like the mechanic, the electrician, builder......etc. We make or do for others but not for ourselves so something handmade by someone else is awesome.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

:D Odessa, lean in as my grbaby-sweetie pie says:
"lean in so I can speak it in your ear"...
shh!: like every super hero, mousie has a weakness...she doesn't like the dark. :oops: shh!
so all this talk of relative meeces crawling around in people's houses and drawers?...not 'close' kin! :?
This mouse sleeps at night and doesn't crawl into dark boxes :wink:
sorry, your on your own there. Maybe you could shine a flashlight into hole?
Don't be surprised if you see two shiny eyes looking back though :shock:
I'm sending elves to keep a lookout on my recipient and sound an alarm to me if they open early! :mrgreen:
I'm sure they don't want a mouse raid on their house to stop their "break in". :lol:
Old 11-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
Just start humming REALLY loud.. and thinking ..I can't hear you ! I can't hear you ! I can't hear you ! :twisted: LOL
giggle, giggle, giggle...
can you imagine trying to sew, and it starts calling and your hubby or somebody walks by and hears you humming and saying: I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you...
Hope you don't get Baker acted!
(hauled away by men in white coats :mrgreen: )
Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ok, my package thumped it's way DOWN the stairs and is now sitting on the dining table. I walked by it earlier and it was calling to me.
I don't know if I can take this much longer.......
I'm already crazy, do I need to go crazier???
wait till the loin-clothed geckos teach your package how to dance, then remember:
...just before you go 'crazier' set up the tripod and get pictures :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: