Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
a day without electric. we didn't have a snow storm but the power went out. There were not oatmeal scones for breakfast. It is freezing in the house even with a fire going. Power just came back on a few minutes ago. I couldn't cook. Actually I could have if I wanted to cook in the fireplace which I have done before. So I now have a spinach lasagna in the oven and I made canoli's for dessert. They are yummo and low cal. each mini canoli tube is only 30 calories. It uses only about a tablespoon of filling so it is a total of about 45 caloties for 1. I can have 2 for dessert.......yummmmmmoooooo.
Sounds awesome! What is your recipe for the scones? I love scones!

Glad you guys are okay. Being cold is no fun but being safe is a good thing.

Missy
Old 01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Good evening everyone.

I can't believe it, I got over being sick and then caught a cold when we went to Paducah yesterday. I have been miserable all day and my nose is raw. I have no patience for dealing with my kids today. I just want to crawl in bed and stay there but I can't. I sat at my sewing desk and did mindless sewing while watching Elijah playing.
Think I will go make a cup of hot cocoa.

Be safe out there!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good evening everyone.

I can't believe it, I got over being sick and then caught a cold when we went to Paducah yesterday. I have been miserable all day and my nose is raw. I have no patience for dealing with my kids today. I just want to crawl in bed and stay there but I can't. I sat at my sewing desk and did mindless sewing while watching Elijah playing.
Think I will go make a cup of hot cocoa.

Be safe out there!
I hate colds! I have one too. Yuck. I just made some ricotta and spinach tortilinni. Yummy. I am craving chocolate right now. Maybe I will eat a 50 calorie fudge pop.

Did you guys watch the Green Bay game? Woohoo!! Way to go Green Bay!! My dad is freaking out over the superbowl. It is going to be in Dallas this year and he says that already the local merchants have raised their prices and the cost of gas has skyrocketed. He said that the D/FW international airport is making room for 1000+ private jets during that week. Crazy is what it is!

Oh well. I hope you feel better soon. I am nervous about my surgical consultation on Tuesday for my hernia. I know I need the surgery but sheesh I do get nervous about this stuff.

Have a good night y'all!

Missy
Old 01-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Missy being nervous is a normal reaction. Any time I have to go to the DR. I get nervous.
Take nice slow deep breaths and think of something you enjoy besides food. No thinging about food. LOL!!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Missy being nervous is a normal reaction. Any time I have to go to the DR. I get nervous.
Take nice slow deep breaths and think of something you enjoy besides food. No thinging about food. LOL!!
That is really good advice. I think I will do the breathing and visualization while I am waiting to see the doc and then afterwards if I get nervous again.

Thank you so much Carrie!

Missy
Old 01-23-2011, 05:00 PM

Missy- I know surgery is not to be taken lightly, but remember over time Hernia + exercise does not a happy Missy make! You help me get out of bed at 5 a.m. to hit the treadmill and the street with my dog. I keep remembering all your posts about what you are doing and it helps me in that dangerous first 5 minutes. Once I get the clothes on I'm good to go. Will be praying for an easy Dr. visit. Keep up the efforts troops! For those of you who have slacked off like me on the food choices tomorrow is a new day!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Missy- I know surgery is not to be taken lightly, but remember over time Hernia + exercise does not a happy Missy make! You help me get out of bed at 5 a.m. to hit the treadmill and the street with my dog. I keep remembering all your posts about what you are doing and it helps me in that dangerous first 5 minutes. Once I get the clothes on I'm good to go. Will be praying for an easy Dr. visit. Keep up the efforts troops! For those of you who have slacked off like me on the food choices tomorrow is a new day!
Yeah. I think you are right. The exercise certainly made my discomfort a bit worse. My mom said she could see it across the room when I was exercising! Wow.

You are right again by telling everyone to keep it up! We are in this together and encouraging each other is important!

I hope you have a great Sunday night!

Missy
Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned

I blew it.............I was so good all day and now CRAP!!!! I went to wash the dinner dishes. I had to wait for hot water so when I got in the kitchen I was hungry. Now I have a big bowl of salad in the fridg to snack on. Did I take that out? NO!!!!!!!! Instead I saw pancake mix, yes mix and I am a person who doesn't use mix. Joyce bought it so she could make pancakes for herself. The box was sitting right there on the counter. OMG she got the kind that all you do is add water. Nothing easier then that. I didn't measure it just had to look the consistance of pancake batter. So I am still washing dishes and cooking pancakes, well I can't have pancakes without sausage so out come 3 sausage and I pop them in the pan with the pancakes. Well gee I made too much batter. I don't want to be tempted tomorrow with leftover batter I better make them tonight and eat them all. 10 3 inch pancakes later and 3 sausages I am depressed how the heck many calories is 10 pancakes butter and about 1/4 c syrup? On top of that the sausage. What the hell is wrong with me. It was as if I wasn't thinking as if I was posessed by some overwhelming force. I could cry.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:08 PM

That's ok tru... maybe your body was needing the carbs????? Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week... forgive yourself
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I blew it.............I was so good all day and now CRAP!!!! I went to wash the dinner dishes. I had to wait for hot water so when I got in the kitchen I was hungry. Now I have a big bowl of salad in the fridg to snack on. Did I take that out? NO!!!!!!!! Instead I saw pancake mix, yes mix and I am a person who doesn't use mix. Joyce bought it so she could make pancakes for herself. The box was sitting right there on the counter. OMG she got the kind that all you do is add water. Nothing easier then that. I didn't measure it just had to look the consistance of pancake batter. So I am still washing dishes and cooking pancakes, well I can't have pancakes without sausage so out come 3 sausage and I pop them in the pan with the pancakes. Well gee I made too much batter. I don't want to be tempted tomorrow with leftover batter I better make them tonight and eat them all. 10 3 inch pancakes later and 3 sausages I am depressed how the heck many calories is 10 pancakes butter and about 1/4 c syrup? On top of that the sausage. What the hell is wrong with me. It was as if I wasn't thinking as if I was posessed by some overwhelming force. I could cry.
Sorry Tru I had to giggle because all I have done today is eat. I don't if my being sick has anything to do with it but I can't stop myself. I ate Roast beef with veggies for lunch and 2 slices of french bread with butter, Nacho flavored Dorito's for a snack (2 bowls). Dinner was a hot dog and french fries smothered in chili and cheese. Then I had 3 sliced of Chocolate chip cake bread and now I am eating a bowl of frosted mini wheats. I never eat like this anymore but I can't help myself today. Tomorrow is a new day.