• The lives and loves of 18" dolls

• The lives and loves of 18" dolls

Old 09-09-2013, 08:06 AM
    Banned

Default More christmas dresses

Just made two each of these
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Old 09-10-2013, 07:32 AM

My goodness, sue! Are you chained to your machine? Lol. I feel like such a slacker! You do make fun and beautiful clothes for the dolls. I am about to start on halloween costumes. Anyone else dressing their doll for the holiday? What are your plans for the December holidays, doll wise? Looks like i will have a whole lot to do with four little girls, oops, make that five, i nearly forgot olivia lulu's bitty baby! I have bedding and aprons and costumes and dress up, phew, I'm exhausted before i start! Lol, it's all fun!
    Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 AM
    Banned

It sure looks like I am..I make the things sort of assembly line fashion..one day I cut out many pieces..another time I press hems and things like that , sew all one section at a time and in a few days several pieces seem to come together all at once..I do seem to get more done than anyone I know..very busy with all my friends here and my son and family and husband, neat nick so I clean a lot and love to shop..so it is surprising how much I get done...
    Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 PM

Sounds like we could be the best of friends! Except i'm the other side of the odd couple! If you could convince my body parts to wrangle a vacuum cleaner I'd be all over it! Unfortunately my disability check won't support cleaning staff. I went away for a month and the fleas took over. Dh had no idea how to deal with it. Iam bombing the upstairs bedrooms and then I'll bomb downstairs. And the dogs/cats have been treated. Guess i know better than to go away for so long. 8-(. But i really had a great time in dallas!
    Old 09-11-2013, 06:52 PM

What pretty outfits! Thank you for posting these lovely pictures. My daughter has an 18" Creative Girls doll I bought many years ago through a catalog. (I don't think they're sold anymore). My daughter is 22 now, and the doll just sits in a basket in her closet---so I think this doll will be mine now! Knitting book author Nicki Epstein just came out with an all-crochet patterns book for AG dolls. I look forward to trying out some of the patterns, as I love to crochet as much as I love to sew!
    Old 09-12-2013, 01:49 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by JadeLady41
    What pretty outfits! Thank you for posting these lovely pictures. My daughter has an 18" Creative Girls doll I bought many years ago through a catalog. (I don't think they're sold anymore). My daughter is 22 now, and the doll just sits in a basket in her closet---so I think this doll will be mine now! Knitting book author Nicki Epstein just came out with an all-crochet patterns book for AG dolls. I look forward to trying out some of the patterns, as I love to crochet as much as I love to sew!
    Well get busy and be sure to post pics!!
    Old 09-15-2013, 01:56 PM

Here is a new knit play set I made for my DGD, Ruby. I recycled a favorite light pink t-shirt of mine which had an unmovable stain in it. I placed the top hem on the hem of the sleeve of the recycled shirt. Now I am planning to play around with the leggings pattern to make different lengths, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails p1110089.jpg   email-version.jpg  

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 09-15-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Old 09-15-2013, 02:18 PM

I just now found this thread. Wish I had seen it sooner because it didn't occur to me to take pictures of the doll clothes I've made! I can barely remember to take pictures of my quilts Anyway, I also have fun making the DGDs clothes for their dollies. One American Girl and two others just "dolls". Last fall I made a really cute witch Halloween costume for the AG doll including the witch hat. Earlier this summer I was busy making doll underwear and diapers. My family got quite a kick out of that.
    Old 09-15-2013, 03:21 PM

We had an AG theme birthday party when DD was 9 . She will be 25 Tuesday ! I made basic dresses and supplied trims.
    Later duplicated that party several times, in my days as a party planner. Fun!
    Old 09-15-2013, 08:21 PM

What a great idea! Almost dgd would love that, I'm sure! I have so much to do and I'm not doing any of it. So many plans, so little action. Wish your daughter happy birthday for me.8-)

sewextreme- love the play set. Now i can use those stained shirts for something fun. Why didn't i think of that? I' thinking now. You could take some of the ribbing off and use it as a neck binding. Love that you used the bottom of the shirt for the bottom of the doll's shirt. Clever!

Last edited by nancia; 09-15-2013 at 08:25 PM.