Why did you marry?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:02 PM

I know your pain, all but the good stuff on the last marriage. By the time I went through the two, I didn't want any more, and that is the way it stayed.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Dee

After 1 month we knew we were meant for each other. He made me laugh and became my best friend. That's 47 years ago.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:38 PM

Thought it was a great idea at the time and 30+ yrs later 2 daughters their spouses and 2 grandsons it is still the greatest idea we had
Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 PM

I think that opposites really do attract. I was 16 and he was 17 in high school and we met in a ballroom dance class. He was a football player and I was invisible. He grew up in a great family and I had tried everything to get away from mine. Stayed with him for a week visit (my dad passed away that week) and didn't want to go back to an empty apartment and no job and avoiding my mom. Lived together for a year, he proposed on Valentines day. Been married a year and a half. Having our first child in June.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 PM

We had been living together for almost 10 years when we both decided that we were going to be together forever and how happy our families would be if we were married. He's my best friend and he makes me laugh every day. It has been a great trip. I cherish him.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 PM

I was divorced and was on the "I'm going to be single for at least 5 years before I do this again" plan. I had a "wish list" of qualities I was looking for in a guy. He had all those qualities, was older, settled in his career, and had never been married. I lasted a whole year and a half as a single gal. We have a great son, and been going strong for nearly 34 years and counting!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:50 PM

Thank you to all those who have shared their stories. To those who have lost their loved one, my heart reaches out to you.
I married him because he listens, celebrates and cares about my life, he is a great parent and he does dishes.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 AM

I just love reading these posts. I am very sorry for the ones that have lost their spouses.

I married DH#1 when I was a Jr in High School. Yep baby on the way. Parents has royal fit and was crushed & before I could blink they had a wedding planned. That was in 68. In 71 had my DS and found out that DH had been cheating on me the entire marriage. Click....divorce.

Met older DH#2. Well that did not work out. He had already done all that I wanted to do and had older kids. We had 1 child together. Click...divorce.

Met DH#3 who had never married before & always wanted a large family. 5 was our goal. He was out of college & ina great job. We married, he adopted my 3 kids (their sorry Dad's didn't want them or any responsability) and we have been through good and lots of rough spots. We had a child together and I could not have anymore. He was perfectly okay with that as my health was far more important. But kids are all grown and we have "us" time now and love it. He quilts with me if I want him to and is so supportive of whatever I want. Spoils me actually. LOL 34 yrs now together and we are each other's half. Unbelievable!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Thank you to all those who have shared their stories. To those who have lost their loved one, my heart reaches out to you.
I married him because he listens, celebrates and cares about my life, he is a great parent and he does dishes.
Does dishes? THAT is SO hot!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:24 AM

Sore subject! We dated 5 yrs before we got married. High school sweethearts. The week after we made our 25th anniversery he told me he wanted a divorce. Made 26 yrs now and the divorce still isn't final.