Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 10-04-2016, 08:20 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559666[/ATTACH]

Our 13th anniversary today.... first time we haven't spent it together due to a work conflict....

We rode away on our Goldwing, lol. Hard to get on with a long dress!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559667[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mr-mrs-lenear.jpg   theyre-off.jpg  
Old 10-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Power Poster

Lots of Fall weddings! That's too cool, Moonwork. Congrats on your anniversary.

KK, are you recently widowed? I am so sorry, if you are. Your kitty looks totally comfy and content on your hubby's lap. And you as a little cowgirl reminds me of ME. I was about that age 50 years ago and totally into being a "cowgirl". Great memories.

So where did Teriamn go? She'll be surprised at all the chatter and pics we left for her to read so she wouldn't be lonely.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:57 PM

yes, one year.

Moonwork, beautiful pictures, I love your bouquet.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:02 AM

I need to reread the post on how to multi quote -- I found the multiquote check off point but not how to stick it in this reply box....

Sewbizgirl -- love your pics. Great diversionary tactic and your Allietare is coming along very nicely.

Kassundra -- Happy Anniversary!!! Another bunch of beautiful pictures! You are all so beautiful! Great hair embellishment.

Kwiltcrazy -- Bigtime hugs. Your kitty, husband, pony and you are precious :-). I'm sorry he had to leave this realm. And yes, that is a crazy amount to spend on a wedding. I eloped. Invited the family to come if they wanted to. Got married at the drive through lane at the Little White Chapel in Las Vegas. Relatives from 11 states showed up and we took them to a buffet at Ceasar's Palace. We had a blast. My father kindly picked up the $2000 tab for the buffet -- said I saved him a bunch of money by eloping. However, considering all the expense everyone went through to get to Vegas.... We eloped specifically so folks wouldn't feel obligated to be at yet another wedding.

Moonwork -- Happy Anniversary!! Love that motorcycle! You two look so happy and ready to cause trouble!

I love all these stories. Makes my blocks come alive in new ways! Speaking of blocks....

My block for Joanlizbay was supposed to be a Window on China block I discovered on McCall's' website but my corners were too wonky so I took them out... for now.

My block for Mollymunchkin is still wonky but I'm liking how it looks.... time to use my seam ripper again and undo everything because it is not 12.5".... The pattern is Berry Patch Plaid from the 2016 Cloud 9 Fabrics New Block Blog Hop.
Attached Thumbnails boom-17-aquarium.png   boom-17-space.jpg  
Old 10-05-2016, 05:15 AM

Sewbiz, Kass Moon you are all beautiful brides, Thank you for sharing your pictures. I too was married in this month we will be married 29 years on Monday. I found my dress at JC penny bridal shop on clearance it cost me $72 and fit like it was made for me. I refused to pay more for my veil than I did my dress so I made it. Then I found my MOH dress at a store that was closing for $13. While $37,000 is not a starter home here, wow we my wedding was about 3000. Happy Anniversary to all us October Brides. [ATTACH=CONFIG]559690[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bb-wedding-2.jpg  
Old 10-05-2016, 05:39 AM

Ibex great blocks they are beautiful and really creative, I love them.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:41 AM

KK so sorry for your loss.

Moonwork, that bouquet is awesome, love the colors, and rolling away on your motorcycle, how spunky is that!!!!
Old 10-05-2016, 05:43 AM

I just saw my post In case there is confusion that is Three thousand dollars NOT thirty or three hundred thousand . for everything very DYI

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Sewbiz, Kass Moon you are all beautiful brides, Thank you for sharing your pictures. I too was married in this month we will be married 29 years on Monday. I found my dress at JC penny bridal shop on clearance it cost me $72 and fit like it was made for me. I refused to pay more for my veil than I did my dress so I made it. Then I found my MOH dress at a store that was closing for $13. While $37,000 is not a starter home here, wow we my wedding was about 3000. Happy Anniversary to all us October Brides.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:49 AM

Ibex, awesome blocks, and I LOVE what you did w/ the space fabric!!!! Looks like your on the space station looking out.

Moonwork, I forgot to congrat you on your anniversary, sorry you have to be away from your hubby on it.

Billi congrats, your wedding pic is lovely.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:43 AM

Thanks everyone, I read each and every post multiple times and loved all the pictures. Please keep it up. Yes great diversions. KK so sorry you are also lonely, hope the pictures cheered you up also. My dress was also from JCPenneys.. Hate to say it but it was dh's first marriage and my first one was a tiny hurry up affair and we decided to have the big hurrah. Just dumb when we looked back on it. We were married 27 years on Sept. 23

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559696[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg