Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 10-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

Oh my, you all were such beautiful brides! Love seeing your dresses, hair, HAT, veils, bouquets... and especially your stories.

The dress I wore has a story. Once engaged, I poured over wedding magazines that my friend's teenage daughter had collected a year earlier. I made the mistake of falling in LOVE with a certain "Gunny Sax" wedding dress that was no longer available one year after it was featured in magazine ads. After I saw it, everything else paled in comparison. I finally gave up on being able to find it. Resigning myself to find "something", I walked into a wedding shop and there it was! My Gunny Sax dress! It was a year old shop sample, so I got it for very little. Ha! God provided my my heart's desire in a dress... Then my heart's desire in a hubby!
Old 10-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Teriamn, love those pups! So cute.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Ibex, those blocks look amazing! Great work.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh my, you all were such beautiful brides! Love seeing your dresses, hair, HAT, veils, bouquets... and especially your stories.

The dress I wore has a story. Once engaged, I poured over wedding magazines that my friend's teenage daughter had collected a year earlier. I made the mistake of falling in LOVE with a certain "Gunny Sax" wedding dress that was no longer available one year after it was featured in magazine ads. After I saw it, everything else paled in comparison. I finally gave up on being able to find it. Resigning myself to find "something", I walked into a wedding shop and there it was! My Gunny Sax dress! It was a year old shop sample, so I got it for very little. Ha! God provided my my heart's desire in a dress... Then my heart's desire in a hubby!
Wonderful story! ��
Old 10-05-2016, 07:11 PM

What a surprise with all of the fun wedding pictures!

Sewbizgirl -- I love your pictures! You've helped to liven this site.

Kassundra -- Happy Anniversary!!! Your pictures are amazing! I love all of the flowers & close-ups. Beautiful wedding picture!

Kwiltcrazy -- I love the picture of you on the pony! We own horses, & I have a couple of daughters who train horses. My husband always said, if you give a horse (gelding ) to a girl you'll find they'll already have their man. . it's always fun to see little girls on their horse!

Moonwork -- Happy Anniversary!! That would be hard to get on the motorcycle in a dress, but I love the red motorcycle!

I'm posting my block for Kass! Hope you like it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559740[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_5739.png  
Old 10-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Awesome I love my block, this teal and red is really shaping up thanks to you ladies.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:36 PM

I love your stories and pics...online and getting to know each one of you a little more. My pics are on another computer and with all the packing and sorting just get on this one. 1 good thing about a winter home across the country....we and I mean hubby too, are cleaning out closets as we go from one end of this house to the other and think of things we really need there. Have about a week left and then we will be Floridian's until April. I can hardly wait for that warmer weather!
No pic on this computer but we have been married for 20 years, must be a good thing....longer this time around
Old 10-05-2016, 07:43 PM

Great blocks Muse.

GramE you are so tiny did you deliver mail or work in the actual post office.

Sewbiz my oldest dd was like you, she fell in love with a dress in a magazine. Looked for months till she found it. Dress was perfect for her and well worth all her time looking. Dh and I started dating after we chatted at her wedding. Second dd decided to get married and we had 4 weeks to pull it off. Found a salesman's sample dress we could buy right off the rack at a decent price. She wanted a modesty panel inserted in the top. Darn good thing, when the seamstress was going over the dress with us she asked if we wanted the buttons added. Buttons? The sample dress only had every other button. Can only imagine what a disaster that Could have been. She carried 3 beautiful long stemmed roses tied in a ribbon. The simplicity was beautiful.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:47 PM

Jaba are you driving to Florida?
Old 10-05-2016, 08:02 PM

This time around terriamn yes we are. We had a cabin in the mountains and sold it, needless to say I have a bunch of 2 of this and 2 of that stuff. Things you just use every day! When I started thinking of each $50 to $100 items that I already had....WOW...to replace them. You know "cha' ching, cha' ching" . Figured that money could be spent and used on other stuff that you always need to outfit a house.