Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-12-2016, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Great blocks everyone!! Havent gotten to sew but one block. Went to the Lyceum theater in a little town called Arrow Rock and saw Million Dollar Quartet...it was awesome!! The guy who played Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis were excellent...I love that type music ...it was a sell out for the whole week its there!!I did get this block done last night for Biblestone...that was the lightest orange I had...hope its ok!!
Sounds like a fun show and a beautiful block Joan.

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
the past few days around here sure have been interesting to say the least. First I got started on Biblistone's Dresden plate, that went fairly well. Next was Moonrise's 4 Roses and that was going along pretty good until I lost a piece, then the hunt was on, I never did find that piece and there wasn't a scrap big enough to re-cut it so I had to piece one of the pieces to get the right size, so her block is a real pieced block. LOL Then we came to Muse&Sew's block, I figured that one was going to go fast but not so quick there, I got it all done only to find the pattern was to small it came out to a 11 1/2" square and that wasn't good enough so I took it apart and added the black lines so I could get that one to size.

Then I started looking for fabrics for Terriamn's block & was called into the kitchen to make Mucadine jelly. So I sat the fabrics aside and went in to get the jelly started, put all the grapes in the pot with a little water to get them going and went back to my sewing room. Rummaging through the totes of fabric again, I lost track of time until I smelled something burning. So as I hobbled into the kitchen, grape jelly water was being boiled out of the pot and all over the place. The best I could do is turn it off and wait for it to cool down. I have never made such a mess in my life and the bad part is I can't clean it up because I can't do all that using a walker and I couldn't even begin to reach the floor. So I had to wait until Chuck could help me out with it. Poor guy, he gets all the bad jobs right now. I was able to salvage some of the grape juice so at least he has some jelly for all the work he did cleaning up my mess. I did help out some but felt so bad he got the worst part of the job.

Anyway, I came back in to finish looking for fabric for terriamn's block and all the instructions she wrote down slipped my mind when I found a piece of fabric that I thought looked great with hers. So I made her the prettiest block by just adding a frame around her fabric. I was so proud of that block because I loved the birds on it and they matched the colors in her fabric. Then I started to pin her baggy to the block and re-read her instructions only to find that I screwed it all up, she wanted tonal or small print that read tonal. Good thing I had plenty of her fabric left to try and do it right. So her block is one I created just for her and it's called "T 4 Terriamn", that pretty much says it all.

So now I'll go do something else before I really screw things up and can't fix them.
Oh Sea I love your stories and your blocks are wonderful I adore the birds I really do need to learn mitered corners better.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Seasaw, I love your blocks. Today seems to be Terri's block day. This is a bonus block I did for her. I think I like it better than the first one. I'm sure there's a name for this block, but I have no clue what it could be. I just took scraps and made something. Hope you like it, Terri.
Libster is wonderful in it's simplicity and what is is beautiful.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
It's still not playing nice, let's see if I outsmarted it.
Ah kass raises the fussy cut bar again show off hahahaha I love it.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:44 AM

Kass you really hit that one out of the ballpark' love your choice of colors
Old 09-12-2016, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

Outstanding, Kass! I love how you made the daisies frame the center medallion.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:02 AM

She's certainly a finalist! But then I think all the boom swappers are on one way or the other!
Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
Love it, kassaundra!! You win this round!
Old 09-12-2016, 09:30 AM

Kass another incredible block
Old 09-12-2016, 12:02 PM

Kassandra - you show off - first your ongoing drool art work. Then you give us this beautiful fussy cut piece of art that is is is WOW! I wouldn't have ever put the medallion with the fabric - not one of my gifts - but certainly is yours.

GramE - you pulled this one off - Your fabric has taken the award of being most transformed!

Billi - how do you do the multi posting/multi message. I can't even figure out how to add something between each picture. I need a tutorial!
Old 09-12-2016, 01:05 PM

ok my last 2 blocks then I have to hit the kitchen and start a new batch of jelly for the over worked hubby LOL

First one is a Virginia Star for Nanakathy
And second one is Fishermen & Hookers for Joanelizbay, yep I asked her first before doing this one so it's OK
Attached Thumbnails virginia-star-nanakathy.jpg   fishermen-hookers-joanelizbay.jpg  
Old 09-12-2016, 02:02 PM

great blocks seasaw. Too funny.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Kassandra - you show off - first your ongoing drool art work. Then you give us this beautiful fussy cut piece of art that is is is WOW! I wouldn't have ever put the medallion with the fabric - not one of my gifts - but certainly is yours.

GramE - you pulled this one off - Your fabric has taken the award of being most transformed!

Billi - how do you do the multi posting/multi message. I can't even figure out how to add something between each picture. I need a tutorial!
TG if you look at the post you want to quote [ATTACH=CONFIG]558110[/ATTACH]right next to reply with quotes is a little box with quotation marks and a + sign "+ click on that and you will see a check mark [ATTACH=CONFIG]558111[/ATTACH]

go to your next one and continue doing that till you get to the last one and click the reply with quote box and they will all show up. you just go back and insert your reply's where you want them.

as far as being able to have writing between your pictures you have to use the icon that looks like a picture frame.

I hope this helps you.
Attached Thumbnails screenshot-2016-09-12-15.30.57.png   screenshot-2016-09-12-15.33.57.png  

Last edited by Billi; 09-12-2016 at 02:39 PM. Reason: i spell bad
Old 09-12-2016, 02:51 PM

wow thankis Billi, I didn't know how to do ti either.