Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 10-06-2016, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Love all the pics!

Here's a couple of DH and me, one right after the wedding, and one as we were leaving for our honeymoon. We changed out of our wedding clothes after the reception. My dress was a frilly "layer cake" of lace, and I could barely sit down, much less get into our car. We've been together since I was 13 and he was 14, boyfriend/girlfriend even before we were allowed to go on a real date. We celebrated our 28th anniversary in June.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559744[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559745[/ATTACH]
Moonrise, your hubby was in a white tux too. I would have never guessed you were only 1 year younger, you look so much younger them him looks like he is robbing the cradle!! lol lol lol
Old 10-06-2016, 05:13 AM

Love love all the pictures, so much fun. Francie 50 years is a long time Congratulauions. Kassandra button story is funny now but it must hav been horrible then. MM wonderful family picture. At Christmascwe take a ton of pictures but have never had any with the entire group. Will have to put that on my remember to do list.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:07 AM

Hey who tossed that beautiful quilt block in with all the beautiful wedding and family pictures hahahaha

GramE you are the size of a peanut and I love your story that's awesome.

Molly, Terri, and moonrise beautiful brides, and then and now pictures.

KK I am so sorry your your loss I can't imagine how quiet my home and heart would feel.

Francie 50 years congratulations that a rare thing theses days.

Kass button button who undid the buttons? hahaha great story.

My mom made my sisters wedding dress when she got married, but being that we are several years apart my parents were in a much different place in life when I got married. Parents were retired and traveling in their motorhome so when I told them I was engaged mom looked me straight in the eye and said "I don't have the time the patience or nerves left to make your dress so good luck" Well alrighty mom, then planning a date around their planned travel schedule got interesting. They got home 3 days before my wedding.

I planned and put it together with my sister/moh and my girl friend. you saw my bouquet lots of green few flowers that was the reoccurring theme. My reception was very fall with lots of chopped sausages and meats chunky cheeses, breads, crackers and massive amounts of fresh veggies and fall fruit. Beer, wine, coffee and ice tea, All made and attended be my friends. My cake was simply frosted carrot cakes with fresh flowers connecting them all together. I didn't have a professional photographer or professional invitations. it was perfect for us.

As an after picture this is me and mr bill yesterday we took a short overnight trip. [ATTACH=CONFIG]559756[/ATTACH] for those of you wondering yes we are Bill and Billi he is named after his dad and I am named after my Mom. yes it is a bit of a cruel joke.

Also more swap related TG I'm pleased you like your block the bird house fabrics was a real struggle for me trying to get that correct balance of showing up but not being overpowering.
Attached Thumbnails sjc-small.jpeg  
Old 10-06-2016, 08:09 AM

My husbands name was Bill, also. We were married 33 years, he passed away last year, at home, after a long illness of post polio. We had two wonderful boys, and Bill woke up every morning with a smile on his face and a joke in his heart. They didn't expect him to make it 10 years, but we had 33 wonderful years
Old 10-06-2016, 08:26 AM

Wow - what a great time looking at all the beautiful brides. Love all of your dresses and flowers.
All my photos are in storage so I went back to FB to see what others have posted over the years! The first is at my wedding. It had been years since all 7 cousins had been together for a photo. Every time we do get together we have a photo taken and what a laugh they are. My dress cost me about $100 back in 1976 and I thought that was expensive! My bridemaids were given fabric and a pattern and made their dresses. The shortest cousin was one of them, and all had different pastel colored dresses with the same floral top.
The other photo is from 2011 when our DD was married. When we were looking for my daughters dress, everything was sleeveless and low cut! She had a topper like mine made for her dress. They were both in their 30's and he was the one wanting a big splash.

This has been a nice break from my day - thank you all for sharing. I will have to review them and try to recall who is who!!
Attached Thumbnails 1936830_1149333786930_7636479_n.jpg   373916_247519015301753_217917230_n.jpg  
Old 10-06-2016, 09:15 AM

Boy, miss a day and you have a lot of reading to catch up on. It's fun to see all the wedding pictures. My husband and I were engaged for 6 months and decided on a Friday evening while he was home on leave to get married on Monday. Met with the minister on Sunday; went early Monday morning to get our license; got married in the afternoon; and picked up our cake on our way to my in-laws home for the reception. My best friend had her wedding planned and they broke up so I borrowed her dress and she wore a dress previously as a bridesmaid. They did eventually get married later in the year and we both have been married 44 years. Went to Sears on Sunday to buy my veil. Sorry so fuzzy, but mostly we had Poloroid photos.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559764[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559765[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sam_1129b.jpg   dorothy-max-elise-mike-dale-viola-7feb1972.jpg  

Last edited by bibliostone; 10-06-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:17 AM

Ibex, just over 35 years ago I was married in Las Vegas at Wee Kirk O The Heather chapel. It wasn't a drive through but we went in at 11 and were married by 11:15. Only a few people attended, our parents, my sister and my grandmother. Our day was loaded with very unfortunate and unhappy drama but luckily the ceremony took as I've still got my hubby and that's what counts. And, umm, wedding pictures? Taken by a woman at the chapel who mailed them to us a couple of weeks later. Not one is in focus. Not one. I've got them still but have only looked at them twice. The day I rec'd them and the day I thought after 20 plus years, "oh, they must be better than I remember". No they are not. Oh, well. Drama: free; Wedding dress: $30; flowers: $20; husband: priceless. Great day from that perspective!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
... Got married at the drive through lane at the Little White Chapel in Las Vegas. Relatives from 11 states showed up and we took them to a buffet at Ceasar's Palace. We had a blast... .
Old 10-06-2016, 09:26 AM

Oh, and I also did manage to get another block done for FrancieYuhas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559766[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails francieyuhass.jpg  
Old 10-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Bibliostone - I love this block pattern - each time I see it!!
and what long blonde hair you had!!
Old 10-06-2016, 01:29 PM

Bibliostone, your blonde hair looked like woven silk. Beautiful! What a beautiful block.

I'm loving all the pictures and wedding stories. Afraid I don't have any pictures. My DH and I eloped when I was 17. I wore a white dress off the rack from Sears & Roebuck that I bought for graduation. We were so broke. He paid the guy who married us and I paid for hamburgers afterwards. Everybody said it wouldn't last. Well, they were right I guess. It ended with 3 children 47 1/2 years later when he died of cancer. I loved every second of those years. My only regret is that he never got to meet our great-grandchildren.