Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 10-06-2016, 01:35 PM

Awwwww..... love all the stories & photos that weave us together
Old 10-06-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Love all the pics!

Here's a couple of DH and me, one right after the wedding, and one as we were leaving for our honeymoon. We changed out of our wedding clothes after the reception. My dress was a frilly "layer cake" of lace, and I could barely sit down, much less get into our car. We've been together since I was 13 and he was 14, boyfriend/girlfriend even before we were allowed to go on a real date. We celebrated our 28th anniversary in June.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559744[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559745[/ATTACH]
I love the look you have on the second picture. It looks like your thinking of some very creative places to put the photographer's camera. lol
Old 10-06-2016, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Wow - what a great time looking at all the beautiful brides. Love all of your dresses and flowers.
All my photos are in storage so I went back to FB to see what others have posted over the years! The first is at my wedding. It had been years since all 7 cousins had been together for a photo. Every time we do get together we have a photo taken and what a laugh they are. My dress cost me about $100 back in 1976 and I thought that was expensive! My bridemaids were given fabric and a pattern and made their dresses. The shortest cousin was one of them, and all had different pastel colored dresses with the same floral top.
The other photo is from 2011 when our DD was married. When we were looking for my daughters dress, everything was sleeveless and low cut! She had a topper like mine made for her dress. They were both in their 30's and he was the one wanting a big splash.

This has been a nice break from my day - thank you all for sharing. I will have to review them and try to recall who is who!!
Cool pics, the group at your wedding sure look like they are having fun. And such a lovely location for your daughter's wedding.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Boy, miss a day and you have a lot of reading to catch up on. It's fun to see all the wedding pictures. My husband and I were engaged for 6 months and decided on a Friday evening while he was home on leave to get married on Monday. Met with the minister on Sunday; went early Monday morning to get our license; got married in the afternoon; and picked up our cake on our way to my in-laws home for the reception. My best friend had her wedding planned and they broke up so I borrowed her dress and she wore a dress previously as a bridesmaid. They did eventually get married later in the year and we both have been married 44 years. Went to Sears on Sunday to buy my veil. Sorry so fuzzy, but mostly we had Poloroid photos.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559764[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559765[/ATTACH]
Wow, that is some golden hair!!!! That is the most put together wedding for 3 days prep I've ever seen!

Oh and great block.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Ibex, just over 35 years ago I was married in Las Vegas at Wee Kirk O The Heather chapel. It wasn't a drive through but we went in at 11 and were married by 11:15. Only a few people attended, our parents, my sister and my grandmother. Our day was loaded with very unfortunate and unhappy drama but luckily the ceremony took as I've still got my hubby and that's what counts. And, umm, wedding pictures? Taken by a woman at the chapel who mailed them to us a couple of weeks later. Not one is in focus. Not one. I've got them still but have only looked at them twice. The day I rec'd them and the day I thought after 20 plus years, "oh, they must be better than I remember". No they are not. Oh, well. Drama: free; Wedding dress: $30; flowers: $20; husband: priceless. Great day from that perspective!
I'd rather have a great husband then great wedding pics anyday! My father tried to make drama at / around my wedding, I told him to get over himself and he was welcome but his drama wasn't, fortunately he listened.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:48 PM

TG great pictures I love your wedding picture with you and your cousins it looks like you had a great time, the one walking your daughter down the isle thats sweet.

Bibilostone beautiful long blond hair anyone that can pull a wedding off in 3 days is pretty amazing I though my 6 month timeline was pretty good.

Janice isn't getting married in vegas suppose to keep the drama from happening? I don't think there was any drama at my wedding, and since I can't remember any it apparently wasn't enough to bother me.

Ibex thats quit the gathering for a vegas wedding, I love that you went all in and even did the drive trough and had a great time.

Neither of my of my girls are married the oldest is talking about it with her boyfriend and I am sure they will but since he has not "officially" asked we don't talk much about it. but the unofficial timeline is a toss up of spring or fall 2018. The blocks from this boom are for a quilt for him.

speaking of blocks this one is for SewSaw [ATTACH=CONFIG]559787[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails seasaw-double-sawtooth-star-.jpg  
Old 10-06-2016, 02:53 PM

Bibil...I know you have posted before but what is the name of that block? I LOVE it! Enjoy the wedding pictures. Unfortunately I got married at 16 with no pictures...only lasted 3-4 years...then again at 32. Didnt keep any pictures of that one either..I guess Im meant to be alone with my grandkids!
Old 10-06-2016, 03:02 PM

Biblestone wish I had a picture of my sister at her first wedding, you both had the same beautiful hair and hair do. Wonderful wedding and hard to believe you pulled it all together in 3 days time

Libster congratulations on proving to all those doubters what true love and committment was.

Still enjoying all the pictures then and now

KK my Mom had polio, she was the only one of 6 young women who walked out of their hospital room. She has suffered excruciating back aches every day since.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:51 PM

yeah, they didn't think my husband would get out of the hospital, he was in the last big epidemic to hit in the US before the vaccine came out in 52, unfortunately, he was left a quad. They told him he probably wouldn't make it past 20, because of all the involvement he had, he was in the iron lung for 6 months, but he lived to be 76. It was one of the biggest medical tragedies to hit the US

All your wedding pictures are so beautiful and precious.

Love the new blocks. You ladies are so talented.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:00 PM

Well I wish I'd have had the gumption to do that! I think I was too stunned from some of the events. But, what I wanted most was to marry DH so my fondest wish for the day was granted.

Been loving all the wedding stories and photos.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I'd rather have a great husband then great wedding pics anyday! My father tried to make drama at / around my wedding, I told him to get over himself and he was welcome but his drama wasn't, fortunately he listened.