Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-13-2016, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
These are all stunning. I've been paper piecing all day and still can't get my points to match up properly, lol. My seam ripper has been working overtime! I'm finally reading up on the millions of pages that I haven't read yet. The blocks are dazzling! One day, I may have a few that I'm willing to show you from my corner of the world. That Mardi Gras quilt you're making is really blowing my mind! Thank you!!

Paper piecing does not like me at all! I really envy anyone who can do it well.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:35 PM

Cool block Joan, love all the movement
Old 09-13-2016, 07:40 PM

I totally messed up Francies block. Luckily she has more fabric she will send me when she returns from her vacation and I return from my sisters. Took block apart three times but points wouldn't match and block wasn't square this was a block I have made numerous times b4. Talk about frustrating
Old 09-14-2016, 03:04 AM

Very pretty. I'll add this one in to the gallery today along with the rest of the newly posted blocks 😊
Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I didnt see this block for libster in the gallary..maybe I forgot to post it??
Old 09-14-2016, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I totally messed up Francies block. Luckily she has more fabric she will send me when she returns from her vacation and I return from my sisters. Took block apart three times but points wouldn't match and block wasn't square this was a block I have made numerous times b4. Talk about frustrating
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
These are all stunning. I've been paper piecing all day and still can't get my points to match up properly, lol. My seam ripper has been working overtime! I'm finally reading up on the millions of pages that I haven't read yet. The blocks are dazzling! One day, I may have a few that I'm willing to show you from my corner of the world. That Mardi Gras quilt you're making is really blowing my mind! Thank you!!

Points seem to be working against us this week! Sorry you all are in the same tizzy I seem to be suffering from. When I stand back & look at my Boom 16 quilt on the wall, I see no missing points. That keeps me going, knowing that once a quilt is put together it is pointless to look for missing points because as a whole it is beautiful. I try to look at the blocks that will surround mine. Together each block is beautiful.

I knew new that if I didn't get to my shark block someone else would! Great block, very good addition to this "fish" quilt.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:28 AM

I'm not having problems w/ points this week ............................................ does it matter that I am not sewing points??? lol lol lol It's all about curves this week at my sewing table.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:32 AM

I have to admit...that block for Nana has a mistake in it according to the original pattern.. The middle block isn't suppose to have the corner tabs on it, suppose to be a solid block but I didn't think I had enough of her fabric left to cut another solid 4 1/2" block so left it. It still turned out ok I think! Ive also made that block many times and don't know why I had such a problem last night!...Maybe watching Big Brother and trying to sew at the same time isn't a good idea?? LOL
Old 09-14-2016, 07:18 AM

Good Morning Ladies...wow every time I come here (which I try to do every day) I see more and more wonderful blocks..Thanking you all for my beautiful blocks..I love them all!!!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:42 AM

Checking in to let you know I am here. Extremely busy. Had Annaquilts on over for a week and it was so wonderful. Yeah, got side tracked. We made a row by row quilt and she turned it into a quilt shop. She got a nice bootie of fat quarters, her favorites in fact. She went home today, oh darn. My little elf has left the studio. She even finished up a quilt top for me which was really nice. I need it done for the quilt show. Such a sweet gal and wonderful to be with. Now I have to do my own sewing. Hmmm, so much for that. HA HA
Old 09-14-2016, 09:27 AM

QM how lucky you got to meet Annaquilts andcsewcwith her. Sounds like you had a great time