Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 09-14-2016, 11:16 AM

AnnaQuilts from the board? How wonderful...I loved swapping with her and getting home made stained muslim for my civil war quilt from her!
Old 09-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
AnnaQuilts from the board? How wonderful...I loved swapping with her and getting home made stained muslim for my civil war quilt from her!
OH! Where's your Civil War quilt? Any pics? I am working on one now....
Old 09-14-2016, 05:55 PM

I found these panels of Civil War Union and confederate generals for the center. All the rest of the fabric is Civil War reproductions. Its a king size and I just love the history it shows! The small blocks in the corners are maps of battlegrounds
Attached Thumbnails civil-war-finished.jpg   civil-war-finished.jpg  

Last edited by joanelizbay; 09-14-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:02 PM

I finished Jaba's block tonight. I was disappointed that the ombre didn't show more but over all happy w/ how it turned out. The colors that show on my monitor are not true. The purple isn't blue like, it is the same real purple that the flowers are.
Attached Thumbnails img_20160914_204127.jpg  
Old 09-14-2016, 06:04 PM

The triangles are epp. I didn't want to face Y seams tonight, and given a choice of sewing Y seams or epp, I'll take epp every time
Old 09-14-2016, 06:31 PM

Jeb fantastic quilt, I've never seen panels like that before.

Kass-beautiful block. I know epp is English Paper piecing, but what exactly is that.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

I found these panels of Civil War Union and confederate generals for the center. All the rest of the fabric is Civil War reproductions. Its a king size and I just love the history it shows! The small blocks in the corners are maps of battlegrounds
This is beautiful! I love the panels and the tiny maps in the corners. My son would love that quilt! The one I'm doing is sampler blocks by Barbara Brachman from her book, Civil War Sampler. I love the 8" finished size of the blocks. Just taking my time making a few blocks here and there.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Your ombre is showing up as a pretty purple on my monitor, Kass. Lovely block! I'm the opposite: Would rather do some quick Y seams on the machine than hand sew the triangles in. Yours do look absolutely perfect, tho.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=kwiltkrazy;7652956]Jeb fantastic quilt, I've never seen panels like that before.

Kass

http://red-brolly.com/2015/03/how-to...h-paper-piece/ Here is a link there are all kinds of video tutorials on line. I use the whip stitch.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:38 PM

How about that Billi, the quoting thing worked!

i'm way behind on my post reading. This only scratches the surface. Also am still looking at ljdugas's block so it's not yet done. I hope to get into my sewing room tomorrow. Been dealing with mom's health issues a lot in the last few days and a household project or two but the sewing machine still beckons.

kass, it's a lovely block.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I finished Jaba's block tonight. I was disappointed that the ombre didn't show more but over all happy w/ how it turned out. The colors that show on my monitor are not true. The purple isn't blue like, it is the same real purple that the flowers are.
Joan, nice work on your civil war quilt.
QM, congrats on your blue ribbon. and how fun to have spent a week with AQ. I can only I magine all the fun.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Checking in to let you know I am here. Extremely busy. Had Annaquilts on over for a week and it was so wonderful. Yeah, got side tracked. We made a row by row quilt and she turned it into a quilt shop. She got a nice bootie of fat quarters, her favorites in fact. She went home today, oh darn. My little elf has left the studio. She even finished up a quilt top for me which was really nice. I need it done for the quilt show. Such a sweet gal and wonderful to be with. Now I have to do my own sewing. Hmmm, so much for that. HA HA