Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-11-2016, 05:44 AM

OMGosh, Kass, I'm sorry to hear hubby is injured again. That's twice, right? Superstitious being that I am, I think things like this happen in threes. Maybe the next and final one will be a paper cut and then he'll be Golden. I know, crazy, but my grandmother was very superstitious and some of it flowed into me. I sure wish it hadn't! glad hubby is ok now.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Our house looked like a scene from CSI tonight. Gary came in from tending to the chickens blood soaked and dripping blood. His stitches are barely out from the grinder incident and tonight he cut his head open on some fencing. I got the bleeding stopped and cleaned up so I could see how bad the lac was. It is deep but a clean cut no jagged edges he just got his tetanus shot a couple of weeks ago so I "sutured" it w/ tape.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:54 AM

Happy to hear your arms are feeling better. Keep resting them. Don't go back to stitching too soon.

Btw, I wanted to ask how you made those lacy ornaments you posted a pic of a couple of weeks back. Did you use your embroidery machine? Very pretty.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Keeping both arms and wrist in ace bandages and no sewing. Has helped a bit.

Kass I know how much head wounds bleed he must have been a real mess. Hope he heals quickly
Old 11-11-2016, 06:08 AM

It's a lazy morning here. My 60 lb lapdog is resting her head on me as I have my coffee. Life is rough sometimes. Unfortunately, there have been wildfires upstate and in NC and we've had the smoke on and off during that time. The last few days have been bad. Not nice enough to stay outside for very long to play with the pups. I continue to hear the winds will shift but it's not happening. Must be even worse for those closer to the fires.

What are your Thanksgiving plans? It'll be hubby, mom and myself this year as both sons have their own plans half the country away. That's ok as I know one of them will be coming for Christmas. I'll save the baking for December then. He's got a bit of a sweet tooth he seldom indulges except when he's home.

Reminder, blocks are due two weeks from today. For those who haven't yet shipped, please remember to check block size and clean up the backs of necessary. Also please make sure YOUR name is on every packet so that it will be easy for me and the recipient to know who made what block. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2016, 06:39 AM

Terri, glad your getting some relief
Old 11-11-2016, 11:00 AM

Janice the lace ornaments I posted were done on my embroidery machine.. You use a wash away stabilizer. There are so many stitches they take forever to stitch out. Not hard to do but very time consuming, usually it takes 20 to 30 minutes a piece.

Thanksgiving will be very small for us also. The two that live thousands of mile from home rarely come home for Thanksgiving so they can be here for Christmas. That leaves my second and third daughters and their families. But second one and her dh will drive to Witicita and pick up granddaughter at college and then go to Oklahoma to spend Thanksgiving with my son in laws family. That leaves dh, myself dd# 3 her dh and three kids. We have talked about just going out for brunch but dh wants to cook the big meal. That is all fine as long as everyone comes home for Christmas. Just heard from one of my kids my nephews are trying to arrange a big Christmas party for my Mom. They also live 4 hours North. I know this is going to be a huge hassle trying to arrange flights etc and I'm not a happy camper
Old 11-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

I don't know what we will do for Thanksgiving. Every year all the family gathers here and I cook a huge meal... but this year my newly married son has to be at his inlaws, so they can be with us for Christmas. Then my other son and SIL, 3 hours away, both have to work the days before and after Thanksgiving, so they and my daughter won't be able to come either. We will either go to their place in Memphis and do the big meal there, or maybe hubby and I will stay home and have a quiet TG alone. I'm kinda hoping for the quiet TG at home, because we have a big trip planned for Christmas.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:18 PM

Kass, sure hope your DH is feeling better now. That had to hurt.
Terri, take care of your self. Don't push on anything and just give yourself time to get better.
As for Thanksgiving, I'll be going to my DD#1's in-laws for dinner that afternoon. We're all just one big family anyway. I'm taking potato salad, pumpkin pies and fresh cranberry relish. I know we're having ham and a shrimp boil. Everybody just brings their favorite dishes. We'll use fine disposable china. I'm all for making it easy on everybody. Football afterwards.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:51 PM

All the things going on in here that I've been missing out on! I have been crazy busy with work. I was hoping to be off all this week but I wasn't. Still, here are a couple of the blocks I have been working on that are presentable enough to show them to you. I do hope you like them. The first is a Ballerina Log Cabin variation for LJ Dugas. The second in this post is another Ozark Maple Leaf for Traveling Gramma -- the pieces were cut already when the first Ozark Maple Leaf was submitted. This is just a bit different.
Attached Thumbnails lj-dugas.jpg   travelinggramma.jpg  
Old 11-11-2016, 02:00 PM

The next one is an Evening Star for Bibliostone. Moonrise get an Abstraction block.
Attached Thumbnails bibliostone-evening-star.jpg   moonrise-abstraction.png  
Old 11-11-2016, 02:04 PM

All the other blocks are in various stages of creation. I really wanted to get them done by today but it was not meant to be. Perhaps I can get a few more done before Sunday gets here. Please stay healthy everyone! Kass, good thing you're a good nurse to your hubby. Terriamn -- I hate it when my body doesn't do what I need it to do. I hope you feel better soon. The best news of all for all of us is ---- the election is over. I can't believe how ugly the campaigns got. At least everyone appears civilized again. Back to quilting I go....