Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >
  • Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

• Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Yesterday, things started going downhill for me. I am very down and am hearing voices. The voices are telling me that I have not made one notable contribution in my lifetime. I suppose that maybe my life must be over. At least that is what is going on in my head.

Coincidently I am scheduled to see the psychiatrist this morning.

I just have no idea what to do. My mom and sister said they are worried about me.

Oh well. I cannot type anymore.

Missy
    I feel so bad for you. I don't have skitzophrenia so I don't know how you feel,but I did have a period of about two months where where voices kept telling me to do weird things like if I didn't take two extra steps I would be hit by a car. So I felt forced to do whatever the voices said. It was during that time that I became very depressed, I was suicidal and I had a plan to injure another person. It scared the crap out of me, I felt so out of control because I HAD to do what it seemed at the time that something other than myself was making me do.

Anyway, my point is that the anti-depression medication really, really helped but it took about a month.

While everyone on this board knows you are a valuable member of society and you have a lot to give I do understand that it is easier to listen to the stupid voices. Easier is the wrong word but I don't know the right word. For me the voices felt right and everything didn't. In hindsight it is clear that the voices were meaningless.

It is my sincere hope that these voices leave you alone! I feel bad for you because I remember how desperate I felt when I couldn't get the voices to shut up.

I am very sorry to hear about your boyfriend, you really didn't need that right now and it isn't fair.

I will pray for you
    Old 11-02-2010, 11:43 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl

I am sorry that I have dumped my garbage on the group today. I hope you do not get mad at me.

Missy
    Missy did you not read the fist page of the sign up sheet. We talk about everything and if there were going to be complaints that we go off topic they shouldn't sign up. We have become family. I know this is a quilting board but this thread is OUR thread. Yes it is to lose weight but look at how long we have all be together. We REALLY TRUELY care about each other. So who could get mad at you??????? You are going through a tough time, the doc will fix the meds and you will be back to you in know time. Just hang in there, I know it is easier said then done but I don't know what else to say. I can read you are frightened and upset but we love you and just remember you have all of us pulling for you.
    {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
    Tru, you must be the strongest woman and mother in the world. I just read all about your daughter's injury and everything that you two have had to go thru due to no fault of your own. My heart goes out to both of you and I wish there was something I could do to help you out. I am totally amazed at how much support, kindness and love there is here from board members that haven't met in person but care so much about others here. Just like you are doing right now for Missy. Since I started doing the weight loss in August I always read what is going on here. I don't hardly post anything here but I do look forward to reading how everyone is doing in all aspects. You have a beautiful daughter and she has an awesome mom.

Hugs,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Old 11-03-2010, 05:49 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by candlequilter

Tru, you must be the strongest woman and mother in the world. I just read all about your daughter's injury and everything that you two have had to go thru due to no fault of your own. My heart goes out to both of you and I wish there was something I could do to help you out. I am totally amazed at how much support, kindness and love there is here from board members that haven't met in person but care so much about others here. Just like you are doing right now for Missy. Since I started doing the weight loss in August I always read what is going on here. I don't hardly post anything here but I do look forward to reading how everyone is doing in all aspects. You have a beautiful daughter and she has an awesome mom.

Hugs,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Thank you!!!

Joyce gets a little break with her surgeries so far she has had 5 and since she didn't heal they will wait until the end of Dec or beginning fo Jan for # 6 then we don't know how many more after that. I have a PDA and I try to update her condition weekly. I actually should do that. Joyce was going bald from all the trauma from the injury and surgeries but I think the thing that caused most of the hair to fall out was all the ballon skin expanders that were in her head for so many weeks. Now in spots she has peach fuzz, other spots we know it won't grow back. I mourn the daughter I had as I lost her June 14 2009, Joyce will never be the same.
    Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 AM
    Banned

Gwyn's in she just has lost her way and hasn't found us yet. I guess I should really just PM the link to her........when I have time. Like I am so busy now?????? Well I am I have to figure out what kind of trouble I could get into with Secret Santa. Did you know that we could leave feedback for each other?????? Someone who will remain nameless (shhhhhh it was Leota) showed it to me. I was leaving feedback for SS players, toooooo funny I did it under a different user name so they don't know it was me. ROFLAO!!!!!!!
    Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 AM

I want to thank everyone here that has shared kind and encouraging words with me. It means so much to me. This place has become a soft place for me to land. I am ever so grateful to have found this board.

Today I just feel so utterly lost and broken. My therapist and my case worker came this morning to talk to me and try and help me. It was nice to have them here when I needed the support the most. My therapist said she would come here in the morning to see me again and they want me to call the Emergency Line anytime day or night if I need to talk or cry or if I feel like cutting again. I do not know where I would get such care any place else.

I will write in before I leave in the morning for my business trip. I wanted to cancel the trip but my therapist said that it would be very good for me to go and get distracted from all this. SO I will go.

I am taking my laptop with me so I will be able to write in to you guys while I am gone.

Missy
    Old 11-03-2010, 08:38 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Missy it is good to see you on here this morning. I agree with your therapist, this trip could do you a whole lot of good. Be safe on your trip.
    Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Missy it is good to see you on here this morning. I agree with your therapist, this trip could do you a whole lot of good. Be safe on your trip.
    Thank you Carrie. I will sure try.

Missy
    Old 11-03-2010, 08:54 AM

missy.
    You are truly special and very much loved on this board. Remember when one door closes a window always opens, look for that window because it very well might be the greatest gift of all.
    Lisa
    Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    missy.
    You are truly special and very much loved on this board. Remember when one door closes a window always opens, look for that window because it very well might be the greatest gift of all.
    Lisa
    Thank you Lisa. I will sure try.

Missy
    Old 11-03-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by candlequilter

Hugs,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Thank you!!!

Joyce gets a little break with her surgeries so far she has had 5 and since she didn't heal they will wait until the end of Dec or beginning fo Jan for # 6 then we don't know how many more after that. I have a PDA and I try to update her condition weekly. I actually should do that. Joyce was going bald from all the trauma from the injury and surgeries but I think the thing that caused most of the hair to fall out was all the ballon skin expanders that were in her head for so many weeks. Now in spots she has peach fuzz, other spots we know it won't grow back. I mourn the daughter I had as I lost her June 14 2009, Joyce will never be the same.
    Oh my, you must be very strong. I'm so sorry to hear of your daughter's situation. I will pray for her and you, Tru. I don't know if I would have the strength but somehow God does provide us with courage and strength whenever we need it and if we ask for it. God bless