Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas? >
  • OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

• OK, spill - What gifts did you receive for Christmas?

Old 12-26-2010, 07:35 PM

cool i love silk pj's my DIL gave me some fabric but i am not sure what to do with it i have one meter of each so any suggestion will be very welcome :) Photos below sorry they are not very good the flowers are much brighter and more yellow than pink
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-148201.jpe   attachment-148202.jpe   attachment-148203.jpe  
    Old 12-26-2010, 07:38 PM

You don't want to ask me that question right now. Call me Scrouge, but I got one present & it was sent preordered via FedEx, way too expensive, so why couldn't she have given me money instead (from my dau & SIL in CA). My son has been out of work most all year & I've been trying to help them, so my pocketbook is on dry. I did give them what money I could & today I called my DGD up at work (I didn't realize she wasn't at home) & told her I'm disappointed that she couldn't have at leave called & said thank you. I'm PO'd at all of them. My DGS is the only one who says thank you everytime I pay him for helping me clean or driving me places. I'm about ready to move to another city so I won't be expecting to see or hear from any of them. Long story, but I just want to sit down & cry, then start packing my bags. It will take me awhile to save up enough money to move, so I'll have to stay out here all alone awhile longer. Thanks for allowing me to vent.
    Old 12-26-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cheryl
    Well I didn't get anything but that's ok but I gave a friend a gift and I have a few gifts for my son and his gf. I just couldn't afford to really go buy for more this year. Also I have no DH or BF it's just me and my Lucy Lu Lu (shih tzu ), Allie (umbrella cockatoo), Ricki (cockatiel). And Most of All I have Jesus Christ in my Life...
    I agree. Eternal life can't be beat!!! Happy New Year with you and yours...
    Old 12-26-2010, 07:45 PM

I am so blessed that we got to have all of our kids & their spouses & all of the grands home on the 22nd for dinner that evening. I got new pics of the grands, 2 beaded bird ornaments, a new purse, fabric,and cash. The best thing was just having everyone together. Christmas Eve we ALL went to my parents & took food. It was my 2 siblings & every one of their family members and all of us. That was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. LOL Talk about the old stories that were told! LOL I loved ever minute of it & my parents sure had a grand time. Yes I am so blessed. "Things" just do not impress me, as I would much rather get everyone together for an evening of fun.
    Old 12-26-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
    My dh got me two gray Maine coon kittens they are 8 weeks old and identical. I've got to put collars on them to tell them apart.
    I am happy for you I have 1 Maine Coon and she is the best kitty out of a long line of kitties. She is my best friend and loves to sit in my lap or on my computer. I just love a lap sitting cat. Send pictures if you can.
    Old 12-26-2010, 08:00 PM

SherryCat, I am so glad to read that your GD had a good day,I know with cancer patience sometimes they are few and far between,hope everything goes well for her my thoughts and prayers are with her and the family. God bless.
    Old 12-26-2010, 08:03 PM

My husband gave me a kindle e reader from amazon.com. Just Love it. also received a lot of smaller gifts from family,such as some sort of a fuzzy lap blanket., chocolates, chocolates, body bath and body lotion, a new bracelet. lots of love from family, husband and all my cats.
    Old 12-26-2010, 08:57 PM

My Hubby gave me a necklace,watch and gloves.
    DD and SIL gave me the electric skillet I wanted.
    DS gave me the set of pots and pans I wanted,love them.
    I also received cash,hoodie,socks,bath and body lotions and a bird house my SIL and BIL made.
    The very best gift was spending time with family,I have two grandkids(ages 7 and 1) and it was a blast to watch them getting their gifts.
    I was also able to spend time with my brother and his kids their mom,his wife died in a car wreck this year and it really puts things in prospective,hope they have a better year in 2011.
    Old 12-26-2010, 09:04 PM

My Dh bought me an Accuquilt Go and three strip cutters and mats and a 6 in tumbler die and mat 5in die and mat, and the starter value die with mat set.
    An electric oval deep skillet(I love it) and three thread holders that eash hold 60 spools of thread and $100.00 to go buy fabric with or whatever!

I got 2 gift certificates to JoAnns! I made a haul!!!
    Old 12-26-2010, 09:09 PM

My Santa brought me a Mega Quilter 18x8 and an Inspiria Frame. I've spent the last two days putting it all together. Finally got some practice in this evening. He also brought me a new laptop so I'm sitting on the living room couch instead of in my den on the desktop. Wow, I really love my Santa this year, I must have been a very, very, very good girl.