Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 PM

Add me in for this month please. I was able to lose 9 pounds last month & I love the inspiration. BTW, I know the winners from last month, but I truly don't understand how to find their addys. Can you help??
Old 03-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gizzy-Girl
Add me in for this month please. I was able to lose 9 pounds last month & I love the inspiration. BTW, I know the winners from last month, but I truly don't understand how to find their addys. Can you help??
you have to PM them
Old 03-02-2011, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
What's funny is how fast some ppl just plain give up.
Next January they will start again....
Old 03-02-2011, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am feeling all alone with all you March babies.
Me too Carrie. I feel sorry for people like you who have birthdays on holidays. My SIL shares your birthday and I always feel she is being slighted.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Okay, I found a great FREE motivation tool today.

https://www.justkeepmoving.com]https://www.justkeepmoving.com[/url]

They give you a pedometer, a dvd, and a lot of healthy hints. Sign up and get the freebies!

Myfitnesspal.com is also great for keeping a food and exercise diary, they even figure the calories for you. What I like is the positive statements, like, "If you continue on this trend, April 1st you will weigh..."

Today I weighed 264.5, down from original 302 when I started. 1200 calories a day and daily walks for 1/4 to 1/2 mile, as often as I can tolerate it.
Never heard of fitnesspal.....need to check it out. I have been on Spark People for 5 years. They have a phenomenal support group, teams, and tools. I love the nutrition tracker - probably the most important thing for me to do. You can check me out - LeannRocks is my username. Thing about these kinds of sites, they are pretty time-consuming.

SparkPeople.com is the site if you are interested.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I refuse to give up my Pepsi! I have cut way back to no more than one a day (I used to drink it all day long). For various reasons I have had to give up nearly everything I love to eat, so I can't face giving up Pepsi. Moderation that's my goal for dealing with everything I eat and drink.
Laurie, you are exactly right. I am working to get to the 'only once a day' spot. I don't wanna give it up either. If I could have only ONE thing in a day, I'd choose a Dr Pepper.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Lynne, Dr Pepper is my favorite! It was very HARD to come off those things, but I did it. Took me weeks to do, but I did it and you can too! I cut myself back a little each day, sometimes every 2 days, but eventually I got off them. I don't feel so bloated anymore. Good luck! Sandy
Sandy, I've done it in the past as well. A couple of years ago I went on a sugar fast - cold turkey - for 6 months. Didn't lose a pound.

When I am disciplined with restricting my carbs, no bloat. Can't even keep my thimble on.

From my younger days, people only remember me cuz I always had a Coke in my hand. Sad.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 AM

Last night I went into my closet and tried on a bunch of my tops and pants that have been WAY to tight to wear. I was thrilled, after losing my 15 lbs, numerous tops and several pairs of pants now fit again. YEAH ME!!!! I moved those clothes over to the side of my closet where the clothes that fit me hang. Doing that was a huge inspiration for me to keep this up and do even better. Some clothes were still too snug, but I WILL get back into them as well. Just need a little more time and more pounds worked off of me.

I hope everyone has a good day and makes healthy eating choices. Sandy
Old 03-02-2011, 07:37 AM

[/qoute]I think I'll have a half a ham sandwhich... hmmm guess I'm gonna have to give up these bedtime snacks... but I only have them to take my nighttime meds with..... u believe me, right?[/quote]

Bad girl :thumbdown: :thumbdown:[/quote]

In my defense... it was a crazy day and it was only the second thing I had eaten all day.. My 300 cal early dinner wasn't enough for all day.
Normally, I have something lighter to take meds with..... smile..

but I deserved the scolding for not eating all day , and I'm sure for some other things!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 AM

I am an October baby too!
Originally Posted by mjmcafee
I'm an October baby and I will be 61 this year