Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone's husband/wife complain about your buying fabric? >

Does anyone's husband/wife complain about your buying fabric?

Does anyone's husband/wife complain about your buying fabric?

Old 01-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Mine doesn't complain too often. With all the DVD's and computer stuff he buys, he knows better!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Now that all the kids are through college and no money owed to anyone, hubby and I are always surprised at how much we don't spend now. After raising three girls, a couple hundred a month on fabric doesn't get a reaction at all.
Amen to that. Having two kids out of college is like getting a huge pay raise.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:42 PM

My husband is always going with me to quilt shops in Arizona and across the country clear to Oklahoma, When he sees a quilt on the wall he wants one,Needless to say we have material for several quilts and wallhangers waiting to be made, been married for 5 year s to this one he sure is a keeper, My former husband of 53 years never went to a shop and never cared about a quilt show, he died of cancer, but God gave me a real jewel this time , He just bought me the new 830 Bernina at our recent quilt show, :D :thumbup:
Old 01-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Well, mine is spoiled too, He loves smokin and grillin, he has 9 of them, can I complain? nope I have several working machines and 3 old dome tops on my pot shelves , he spoils me rotton,Gues it pays to marry a younger man, been married 5 years this time, 53 the last time
Old 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Hubby and I each have our own savings accounts that money is deposited into bi monthly. Of course he gets more than I do...or so he thinks. lol
He never questions how much I spend. The rule always has been....as long as there is food on the table, kids are clean and fed, roof over our heads and no creditors calling, life is good.
We are now in the part of our life where we can get the extra money set aside for ourselves and for retirement. It took a while, won't tell you how many years, but neither of us really "want" for anything.
As long as we are open to discussing finances, all is good.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 PM

I did at one time have a complainer but he don't complain any more.An i have no idea why unless he thinks I could be spending it on something that aint good for me.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 PM

Not a word from him. That way I will not say anything about his (expensive!!) model train collecting. :)
Old 01-27-2010, 10:23 PM

Any hobby gets expensive, I do genealogy, gardening , quilting,camping and my 04 Vette along with the Vette Coffee group, My husband has model airplanes, smokers and Grills, and his new Tundra truck, our Casita trailer that we camp in and our 04 vette along with the coffee group, Don't wait until you are too old to not able to do any thing , :thumbup:
Old 01-28-2010, 12:55 AM

My husband just thinks I am a little crazy. He got tired of my quilting stash everywhere he bought me a building. lol
It also took a long time to get him here. but He also knows his complaining falls on deaf ears. I pay no mind to that stuff,as long as the bills are paid who cares?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:08 AM

My DH says I collect fabric, guess he's right. I do have a bit of a stash, but not as much as I want. He laughs at me when he goes in my sewing room & looks around. He likes the things I make. Anyways he wouldn't want me to to point out how much money he spends.