Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat >

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Book Readers (What books are you reading) Let's Chit Chat

Old 06-17-2010, 06:01 PM

Nook is the e-reader from Barnes & Noble. You down load the book you want into the Nook.

Originally Posted by wickn34
Where do you buy Nook? I've never heard of it. I would certainly be interested.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:07 PM

LOL, the book I am reading now is really an off the wall book for me.. it's The 10th Kingdom by Kathryn Wesley. I am finding it a rather interesting venture though! I love Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber, Sandra Brown, Joanne Fluke, Robin Pilcher, Luanne Rice... just to name a few.. I read a bunch a books a year!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aunt Doggie
I CAN'T beleive Not ONE OF You Quilters has mentioned any of the quilt novels!!! :shock:
Earlene Fowler is the WORLD's best! Her Benni Harper character is awesome!!Started with couple of her used books, and just bought the last two I was missing! Addicting!!

Clare O'Donohue has three quilting books that are great, and don't forget Terri Thayer's three books which I just started!
Then there is the series by the author EVERYONE knows, Jennifer Chiaverini!

If you haven't picked up one of Earlene Fowler's books, you need to do so now!! :D
I wrote this author down and will look for her books!!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:21 PM

Thanks for this web site, that is a really neat "book keeper". I have the Nook and the Sony E Reader and love them both as I read everyday. My favorites are mysteries but right now I am reading Laura Bush's Spoken From the Heart, and The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore. My favorite author is Mary Higgins Clark.

Originally Posted by sarahbelle
Originally Posted by Merdyann
Love to read, but nobody has mentioned a Kindle yet! I am currently working on "The Long Walk Home". I love the Kindle cause I still work full time and don't have a lot of time to hang at the Library. I can order my books on my Kindle so I am never without a new read!
Yup, i LOOOOOOOOOVE my kindle too. Don't know what i ever did without one. I've been eyeing the pattern for the kindle bag that is at Moda Bakeshop.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/...eper.html#more
Old 06-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i volunteer one day a week at our local library. we put donated books on the upstairs shelves and sell them for 50 cents, $1, and $2.50. everything gets bumped down every few weeks and (gasp) finally thrown out because no one wants them. not even hospitals. or no one wants to pay shipping and we can't absorb that cost. as a volunteer, i can help myself to any donated books i want, and i'm a fast reader. i usually return them to sell, but sometimes i pass them on. the friends of the library supports many programs for children, foreign film screenings, and pays for needed modern equipment. a lot of libraries sell used donated books so why buy new ones? and buying from the library helps the community.
I buy second-hand books on-line from "Better World Books". They sell used library books. In fact, I have bought books with the card pockets and cards still in them. Besides recycling books, they support world literacy programs with sales proceeds. Maybe your library can send to them.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:42 PM

http://www.readprint.com is a site you can go to and read free books on line.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:54 PM

i just bought one by Catherine C. I have only read 2 chapters. Good so far.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:56 AM

I too love to read. Am currently reading a JD Robb book and have an Earlene Fowler book to read next. I've read all of the Jennifer Cheavarini books...love them. Also loved the Mitford series by Jan Karon. I am a member of the library here. 8-)
Old 06-18-2010, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by wickn34
If you want to laugh, try the Sweet Potato Queen. I like the book The Giver by Lois Lowry. I know it is a ya book, but it is good. Newbery winner.
I am from Mississippi and the Sweet Potato Queen is based on a city near me-Vardaman, MS- Sweet Potato Capital of the world. These gals are hilarious, and there is a second book to this one. Might be funny, but so true. Good that we can laugh at ourselves.
I also like Stephen King.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:48 AM

has anyone read the no. 1 detective agency books? they are a riot! i get them for my dil and she's read the entire series and waits impatiently for the newest one. pure fluffy fun.