boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-08-2010, 03:18 AM

Like so many others, I'm curious about the shop, too. Is it the one in Williamsburg???
Old 07-08-2010, 05:33 AM

I wouldn't take my eyes off them as they are checking the order.....

if nothing is done to solve this problem, there is always a call or letter to the BBB........Better Business Bureau
Old 07-08-2010, 06:04 AM

I think I read almost all the posts.

I worked in a quilt store for awhile. It is good for you to stand over us and make sure we're doing everything right. We have been on our feet all day lifting and putting away heavy bolts of fabric, I can't tell you how tired we all are. Plus we can get busy talking to customers....it's easy to make mistakes.

Also, we found that quilters in general are such sweet, honest people, that if anyone ever found or complained about a mistake on their ticket, there was no reason not to believe them. Once we looked at the receipt, they were almost always right, and if there was no way to tell, we just helped them out anyway. Why would they LIE????

Better to make someone happy than have them go away and tell all their friends. Repeat sales is what it's all about. If you are kind to your customers, they are kind in return. We also knew our customers well enough to know who was a chronic problem finder...with a strange motivation (these people were VERY rare). Quilt store employees and owners have excellent memories and remember our peeps (even if we can't remember your name, we recognize your face).

Soooooo....all that said.....this woman is out of her mind dishing out horrible customer service. It's so much easier to just fix the problem for the person. It doesn't cost them much to give you the extra fabric and you would come back and tell all your friends how wonderful that store was!! If I were you, I wouldn't let it go. $20 is a lot of money to me and I would fight like a wet hornet until I won. It's the principle of the matter!!! YOU GO GIRL!

THIS IS JUST WRONG!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by quiltin mimi
Maybe you should print off this whole thread and send it to the store owner.
I think you have a very productive idea. Any merchant -should- know that repeat business, happy customers who return, are key to longevity. Seeing we -do- communicate with one another might serve as a wake-up call, to amend their practices. Integrity and fairness are crucial in their dealings with the public. Great suggestion
:thumbup:
Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 AM

That would be very annoying. Hope you can get it resolved. I always stand right there and watch while they cut my fabrics to be sure they do it right and that I do get what I want. After reading this board and hearing the woes of incorrect prices being assessed, I also carefully check the prices before leaving the stores. Actually, I've gotten into that habit before leaving any store where I buy sale items because some just are not good at ringing up all the sale prices. I try to watch while they ring up the sale items to be sure but then step to the side and quickly go through my receipt. If anything is questionable I just get back in line and deal with it right then - saves a lot of time and frustration when traveling a distance.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 AM

I heard an ad on the radio once. It said that if you go to a business and have a good experience, you will tell at least 2 or 3 people. If you had a bad experience, you will tell at least 8 or 9.
She should know this-in the long run it will be better for her to refund your money than to get the word out about how unfair she is. The power of the internet is awesome and far reaching!
Old 07-08-2010, 10:15 AM

Although I do not live in Michigan, there is no guarantee that we may inadvertently order from this same store via the internet and being mistreated in the same manner.....that being said: I can accept your not giving out the name of the Store or at least the City in Michigan if your attorney has requested that you not give out the name of the offending Store pending further investigation as well as your reporting them to the BBB. Sorry, if we seem to be pressing you for the name; it is just our concern for your mistreatment as well as other uninformed customers being mishandled in the same way.
:-( :-( :-( :-(
Old 07-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
Although I do not live in Michigan, there is no guarantee that we may inadvertently order from this same store via the internet and being mistreated in the same manner.....that being said: I can accept your not giving out the name of the Store or at least the City in Michigan if your attorney has requested that you not give out the name of the offending Store pending further investigation as well as your reporting them to the BBB. Sorry, if we seem to be pressing you for the name; it is just our concern for your mistreatment as well as other uninformed customers being mishandled in the same way.
:-( :-( :-( :-(
Oops! Sorry, thought this little guy looked SAD but on closer look, seems angry.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by noahscats7
Why after ur 1st 2 visits did you not pay attention as the fabric was being cut and ur purchase rang up? Cheat me once, shame on you. Cheat me twice, shame on me.
the visits were over a year apart and i had forgotten how bad it was, was looking forward to the sale...was caught up in the moment. i know i should have been pushy but i wasn't i was kind of 'herded' out of the way where the fabric was being cut (a temp table set up in the way of lots of fabric and i let myself be moved and just went to look at other things, i know that the incorrect cut is my own fault for not just being a B***** and pushing back when i was in the way...but that does not excuse them ringing up stuff that was not even on the paper, and i will never go back so will not have to worry about it again.
i accept my shame for allowing myself to be taken advantage of more than once in the same store...i have always tried to forgive and forget and move on almost always willing to give another chance. now there will be no more chances, but i am not going to allow this incident to turn me into those rude pushy people who treat those around them poorly for their own benifit
Old 07-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

the shop does have a web site but does not have an on line store,, you will not have to worry about purchasing on line, they are not interested in going there; ( i asked)