Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I did it to myself, but..... >
  • I did it to myself, but.....

• I did it to myself, but.....

Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 PM

Oh... I feel your pain/boredom, only once did I make the quilt twice ...! Give yourself some rewards for every few hours you work on it...!
    Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 PM

I made four twin sized alike one time. Four granddaughters in the same house. Each one was the same with a different color sashing. I remember being really glad when they were all finished.
    Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 PM

Doing 5 I-Spy quilts. I am at the cutting phase and based on what Dina and others of you have said, I think I better find different patterns because I get bored easily.
    Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 PM

I often have two or three projects going on in different stages. When I find myself bored or sleepy, I switch to a different project and that usually helps. The last time I used identical projects, different colors were used, and it worked. Dina, be kind to yourself and grab a lovely piece of chocolate. Before you know it, you will be done with the second quilt.
    Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 PM

Dina I also try a glass of wine helps with the chocolates.
    Old 05-04-2013, 12:06 AM
    QM
    Power Poster

I have done that. When my son told me in October that he was remarrying and the woman in question had 2 sons, I felt a need to make them Christmas quilts, using color variations of an original pattern. My sister in law wanted a lap sized version of the same. I was not paying particular attention so I made it too big and needed to make a 4th. These were not simple quilts. (The third became a table cover). I was richly tired of it when I got done, even though I really liked my starburst design. everyone BUT ME was happy with their Christmas quilts.
    Old 05-04-2013, 03:58 AM

I am having the same problem, as I am making four of the same quilt. and. To top it off, I am doing QAYG... I am making the quilts for my staff as a unity thing.. It was a lot of fun making the 6" squares. They were scraps. With all colors. The staff came over, and chose their squares. I sewed them together, and FMQ them in 30" X 30". Now I have to put them together. I am finding I don't have time to do it, as our office has been busy, and I can't do it when I come home from work, as I am too tired.. I will do it, but not having as much fun with it.. I also have a problem with not starting on anything else until I finish it..
    Old 05-04-2013, 04:47 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dina
    Chocolate,music, and mysteries....all good ideas!! I will incorporate all tomorrow!!

I have never conquered the ability to work on more than one quilt at a time, and I envy those who can. I actually started a Block of the Month quilt in Jan. to sort of "work myself " into that idea, hoping that it would also teach me to be patient. It hasn't worked well....I am not patient and I don't like having that unfinished quilt in that basket. Something in me says I should finish one project before I start another.

But, fussing about it has helped. I simply MUST clean house tomorrow morning, and then I will finish quilting and sew the binding on. And I am not doing two quilts the same again. Really! That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Dina

At last!!! Someone else who must finish each quilt before starting another! (At least we don't have UFO's.)

I designed a quilt once, made all the blocks, decided that the outer part of the design didn't quite work, but the center (using the same blocks) was great - so I had almost enough blocks left over to make a second quilt, same fabrics. And of course, being a finisher, I had to make that second quilt right away. And yes, it was boring, but both quilts are finished and that feels good. So save some of the chocolate as a reward when you make that last stitch.
    Old 05-04-2013, 04:49 AM

I feel your pain. So far I've made 4 of my I Spy Through Attic Windows quilts for little boys and have just committed to another. On my design wall is an OBW that I've told myself I can't start sewing together because it is too time-intensive and I can get the little boy's quilt done much faster. So far it's been 3 months for the OBW and 6 weeks for the I Spy quilt and I keep finding other things to do.
    Old 05-04-2013, 05:29 AM

Well, i really appreciate knowing I am not the only one who does this to herself! I have waken up renewed and have decided to work on this quilt this morning and then clean house. (Not a hard decision...even working on a quilt I am bored with is more desirable than cleaning house. ) So, off to finish quilting this sandwich...

Dina