Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Wedding Quilt >
  • Wedding Quilt

• Wedding Quilt

Old 02-21-2010, 07:52 PM

Congratulations on the engagement of your son.
    I am hoping that my daughter will get engaged here really soon!!!
    I have never made a wedding ring quilt and I have told my daughters (2 already married) that I'm not making one of those for them. Am I terrible? No, I don't think I want to tackle that project.
    Old 02-21-2010, 08:18 PM

I'm scared of the rings too!

I made this one for a wedding this spring - trying to decide what to do for another wedding also in the spring...
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-16571.jpe  
    Old 02-21-2010, 08:23 PM

I am making a Hawaiian quilt for a wedding. I don't think you "have" to do anything in particular. Just make it with love and it will be the right quilt.
    Old 02-21-2010, 08:41 PM
    GMA

my niece was getting married and wanted a quilt - I said, I'm new at this and not even going to attempt that quilt. Instead I did a friendship star variation - ribbon star - that I thought took the feeling of friendship and ribboning (don't know if that's a word) them together. It worked great and they love it
    Old 02-21-2010, 08:46 PM

The quilt I received as a wedding gift was one that I think may be called Grandmother's Flower Garden. It was all small hexagons. The backgroung was pink with black lattice and edging. At various ponts in the lattice there were circles of floral prints (the flowers in the garden). The reason we got that particular one was that it was the one my MIL was working on when we got engaged.
    Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 PM

I have a friend who is making a Steeler quilt as a wedding gift. Obviously the couple are Steeler fans and will be sure to appreciate the gift.
    Old 02-21-2010, 09:06 PM
    Power Poster

Why not ask each of them what their favorite color is and see if they go together. Then maybe sit down with them and let them pick their own pattern (if it is not a surprise gift). That way you will know that they will love it. To me, any made for a wedding is a wedding quilt. I have never thought that it had to be a particular pattern.
    Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 AM

Hi Damkina:
    First, congratulations to your family on this wonderful news! But you are right, now you have to get busy and make a quilt to commemorate their special day.

I came across this post as I was also looking for something for one of my students as she just got engaged. She was not ready for the traditional, so we are conquering this version together. I just ordered the book for her class and we go fabric shopping this weekend! Hope you like it and/or it helps to give you more ideas to think about.

http://ros-the-quilter.blogspot.com/...ding-ring.html
    Old 02-22-2010, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Loriann
    Hi Damkina:
    First, congratulations to your family on this wonderful news! But you are right, now you have to get busy and make a quilt to commemorate their special day.

I came across this post as I was also looking for something for one of my students as she just got engaged. She was not ready for the traditional, so we are conquering this version together. I just ordered the book for her class and we go fabric shopping this weekend! Hope you like it and/or it helps to give you more ideas to think about.

http://ros-the-quilter.blogspot.com/...ding-ring.html
    Oh, oh, what a beautiful quilt. I just had to order the book. Thank you for showing us this. The quilt looks so easy - it's all in the size of the blocks.
    Old 02-22-2010, 03:56 AM

^^Yes, I found that site recently and ordered the book to make the quilt as a wedding gift for friends getting married in October. It will be a memory quilt with photos in the big middle squares.
    We'll be quilt twins/triplets and I'm looking forward to see what yours will look like!