Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wedding Quilt >

Wedding Quilt

Wedding Quilt

Old 02-22-2010, 11:16 AM

Another idea for the happy couple could be a signature quilt with all the friends and family blessings.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:22 AM

Hi all. I made my daughter and sil a double wedding ring quilt with the dbl rings on the top and square chain on the sides. All in secret, lots of close calls when they nearly caught me. Its not hard to do once you all organised. the MC at the wedding breakfast presented it to them
Old 02-23-2010, 05:25 AM

i am a greenhorn quilter but just started the double wedding ring quilt. it is not as hard as it looks. the curves are not too hard. i used a pattern i found on line and waa laa its almost done. mine is blue curves with lots of blue prints and yellow squares (her wedding colors) i want to embroider her verses in some of the squares also. I am shocked that it is coming together so easy.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by iamsuthern2
i am a greenhorn quilter but just started the double wedding ring quilt. it is not as hard as it looks. the curves are not too hard. i used a pattern i found on line and waa laa its almost done. mine is blue curves with lots of blue prints and yellow squares (her wedding colors) i want to embroider her verses in some of the squares also. I am shocked that it is coming together so easy.
Would you be willing to share the link? :) ;-)
Old 02-23-2010, 06:27 AM

I am doing a Double Wedding Ring also by:

http://inklingo.com/productGroup.php?groupId=10

If that link does not work try:
www.inklingo.com

Her patterns are wonderful.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 AM

What about Lover's Knot? Eleanor Burns has a book out with that pattern and it looks to be an easy one. I, too, would love to get to the place that I feel "comfortable" making a Double Wedding Ring quilt. I've got the templates but not the courage just yet!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:52 AM

The quiltsmart Double wedding ring does work nicely. I have made several and they come out well. If I were not using that product, I would certainly go for the pre-cut double wedding ring. The accucut pre-cuts are fantastic. they fit beautifully and are all notched so you know just where everything is supposed to go. I'm doing one now with a curved piecing foot and I don't pin anything.
There are also love rings (also a quiltsmart pattern).
I have also asked the bride what pattern she prefers and that is a help. They sometimes like something else. Maybe piecing around an applique medallion, if that is in your reportoire. Congrats! So happy for you!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 AM

congrats on your son's engagement - I have made DRW wall hanging using "Rings That Bind" by Cheryle Philips and Linda Pysto - My book came with the "Arc-Ease Tool" and you quilt as you go. I loved it and it was so easy to do. You can use different colors for the interior, arcs and backing (backing is also used for scallops). Just a thought.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:04 AM

also forgot to tell you that you don't need to do the binding - that is done as you put them together.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:04 AM

I have made a wedding ring quilt and it's not as hard as it looks. I made the traditional pattern. Make sure you get the arch exactly the same after you sew them. When you sew the arch to the football (center piece) be sure to pin at the end and center, then work the easy in and pin really close. I also like a special foot (curve something) on the sewing machine and put the football piece on top and let the feet dogs help work the arch into the top piece.