Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 03-05-2015, 08:34 PM

thanks for the bio ladies.....travellinggramma....that crayon quilt is so cute ...thanks for sharing.
Barb
Old 03-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

These bios are fun to read. Just hope I can find the answers when Barb uses them in contest questions! You really have to dig!

I bought some more cards yesterday, so I can prepare more birthday packages. I am trying to restrain myself from mailing bjsmith57's card for a couple more weeks, but it's hard! It's all ready to go....

Hope everyone is staying warm and snug during this bad weather. Even here in Mississippi we got snow (or accumulated sleet) yesterday. It's warmer today and sunny but the 'snow' is still hanging around in the shady places. It will be gone by the end of the day. VERY WEIRD WEATHER for us. March certain did 'come in like a lion', didn't it? Now it just needs to 'go out like a lamb'!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:41 AM

Ok my turn!

1) Tell us a little about your family. I've been married to my handsome prince for 34 years. We have four children, two married. Jessica and her husband Scott have three children. Aurora-11(named after the princess even though she was born in Alaska by the light of the Aurora Borealis), Tyton-8, Griffin-5. My second daughter Adrianne and her husband Brett have two daughters, Taeli-4 and Lyla-23 months. My son Taylor works in Utah and my daughter Marina attends University of Texas at Tyler.

2) What is your favorite color? I love pink and gray(my wedding colors), and I love red and purple. Though I dream of making a quilt out of cheddar and plum.

3) What is your favorite quilt you have made? I made my sweet MotherInLaw a quilt out of HST scraps. She's actually buried with it, at her request
4) favorite TV show? We DVR a lot of crime shows. Mostly CSI

5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? I Had a Beta Fish. It was white and really pretty. It was in a bowl shaped like a pig. Super cute. I had to keep the lid parcially closed because the cat liked to dip his paws in the water. Well the cat was trying to get to the fish water during one night and tipped over the bowl. We found Dumbo on the floor...but not in time.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:46 AM

On 3/6/15 I received birthday candy from quilterjoy.

Thank you for the lovely candy Ms. Jody

bjsmith57
Old 03-08-2015, 02:13 PM

My turn:

1) Tell us a little about your family.
I've been married for 42 years, we have together 2 grown sons, and my husband has 1 son by his first wife. We have total of 17 grandchildren, and in April we will have a Great-Grandchild, and it's going to be a boy....

2) What is your favorite color? Reds, Pinks, Blues, and Purple.

3) What is your favorite quilt you have made?
Well, I'm hand quilting a primitive angel quilt that's been past around in round robin some blocks made by me and others. So far it's my favorite...
4) Favorite TV show? The Voice...

5) Do you have a furry or feathered friend in your life? Yes, I have two Yorkies, 1 Pekingnese, and 1 1/2 Rott and 1/2 Vizsla. And I also have two birds....

And I will add that My husband and I both own Harleys and we love to ride. Can't wait until it gets warmer, wasn't able to ride last year because of lower back pain. But I had surgery using Laser Spine Insitute (not sure of the spelling) and now feel almost 100% better.....Can't wait to take a Vacation it's been awhile since we have been able to take one....

Oh My Goodness, we just had a earthquake makes the second one today! First one was a little weak, but this one was felt pretty strong.....

Last edited by Lv2sew2011; 03-08-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:51 PM

My turn:

1). Tell about my family: I have a dear loving husband, we have been married 37 1/2 years. No kids, but have 2 very spoiled dogs about 1 1/2 years old. 6 weeks separate the dogs ages. The oldest is a licensed yellow lab, the other is a 1/2 border collie and lab mixed, took most of the border collie trails and looks. Both are the entertainment of the day.

2) My favorite color(s): Purple, blue, green and black. In any combination of those colors. I love batiks. There is always a element of surprise on how the quilt will really turn out.

3) Favorite TV show(s): Scorpion, Hawaii 50, NCIS LA, The Big Bang Theory, Elementry, are my all time favorites now, but I love to watch TV at night with my husband and puppy dogs. It's a night tradition.

4) My favorite quilt I made: All of them at the time I make them. I am proud of my Nebraska quilt I made for my husband. It took me 30 plus years to complete. It took 20 years for me to find and buy the fabric. Another 5 years to figure out what pattern to make and then 5 years to put it together. I'm surprise my husband uses the quilt nightly.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:54 PM

Oh by the way, I mailed the birthday candy yesterday. You should get it some time next week.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:47 PM

Mailing out to bjsmith tomorrow!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:23 PM

Now my turn:

I am married to my best friend Doug, we have been married 16 yrs, I have 3 children Stacy, Melissa and William.
I have a total of 7 grandchildren. Doug has 2 children and 4 grandchildren. That makes us having 11 grandchildren total. I have custody of 4 grandchildren Lee, Alyssa, Jasmine and Ty, there ages range from12, 9, 7 and 5.

My favorite color is purple and I also like calico colors.

My favorite quilt I have made was a wall hanging of and Angel and I hand quilted everything on it.

My favorite TV show is Blue Bloods and How to Get Away with Murder. I hate commercials so I DVR everything that I watch.

We have 4 cats and 3 dogs.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:48 AM

My husband and I met on the last day that I was in my 40's. We have been best friends since then (14 years). I brought three adult sons to our marriage, he brought a ten year old daughter. We have three lovely grandchildren and one sweet great granddaughter.
I love all colors bright and bold.
My favorite quilt is a French braid that I made for my son per his request.
After 13 years with an antenna and three TV stations we now have satellite and I love all things HGTV.
We have two Springer Spaniels, mother and son. Libby came to us when she was 6 weeks old and her son, Hunter never left.
I am a retired RN. Most of my career has been spent in Emergency departments throughout Michigan.
Nice to meet you all!