2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 02-19-2015, 06:41 PM

Almost here one more day cant wait!
Old 02-19-2015, 07:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
Almost here one more day cant wait!
What is almost here? Let us in on the secret...
Old 02-19-2015, 09:09 PM

Looking forward to another fun year and all the Candy on my birthday. I just finished cutting all my squares for 2015 tonight. Now to put them in a safe place till I get them bagged up so the cat doesn't play with them.

Sewbizgirl, thanks for all the great patterns on your pinterest page. Now, the question is, which quilt to make with my 2014 candies......
Old 02-20-2015, 08:48 AM

I think Teri means another day before we get our list of names for 2015/2016. As for me, I'm still very much attached to the 2014 group as I'm the last one and my birthday isn't quite here yet! I've gotten 24 of 34 so that's not too bad. I hope the rest come in. It's tough being the last one but then I'm pretty good at delayed gratification or I wouldn't have signed up again! lol
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
What is almost here? Let us in on the secret...
Old 02-20-2015, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I think Teri means another day before we get our list of names for 2015/2016. As for me, I'm still very much attached to the 2014 group as I'm the last one and my birthday isn't quite here yet! I've gotten 24 of 34 so that's not too bad. I hope the rest come in. It's tough being the last one but then I'm pretty good at delayed gratification or I wouldn't have signed up again! lol
I'm still waiting on a few Candy Cards too and my bday was the 3rd. It's made me vow to be better about being on time with EVERYONES birthday this year!
Old 02-20-2015, 09:29 AM

Hello ladies...

Today is the day for the last sign up for the New Swap. right now we are at 28. I have one other person getting me a referral. I will keep it open until Sunday the 22nd (happy birthday Janice ) to get her referral and anyone else that wants to join. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

The following is the list of people I have for the swap so far:

bjsmith57
sewbizgirl
jaba
karen g
moonrise
maT
Patrick's Mom
dottie dodge
J_Cody
ajakol
n10sgrrl
anoka quilter
TPr9258
trish b
lv2sew2011
michellesews
MWUTeach
PeginCo
NoraB
barbarakibler23
Daisy Dew
Happy Lab
nurse bonnie
letsquilt
djmat
Sheri R
Rosemary Attaway
Janice McC

Welcome ladies! Looking forward to another fun year!
Barb
Old 02-20-2015, 09:30 AM

Thats right ladies, when I said 1 more day which is today I was talking about getting our names for this month. haha, I am like a little kid in the candy store even tho I dont't get my candies till Sept I love sending things out, so here I am in the freezing cold of Jersey waiting for my ride to go to the freezing cold of Lake George NY for the weekend and I am wondering about the list. Can someone tell me do we get it as a IM or just here on the site or do we get it the old way through the mail. I don't know if I will be able to get on internet over the weekend but I will try, hope to see the list soon
Old 02-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I'm still waiting on a few Candy Cards too and my bday was the 3rd. It's made me vow to be better about being on time with EVERYONES birthday this year!
Yes... it's quite lonely to have your birthday come and go without hearing from some of the members of the swap. You feel forgotten, and even tho you may get the cards later, it just doesn't have the same feeling. PLEASE, let's ALL resolve to mail the candies for receipt ON or BEFORE each birthday. It really does make a difference.

Here's an easy way to stay on top of it: Get your cards and cut your candy in advance. You don't have to cut it all in advance, just as long as you prepare a few month's worth of envelopes in advance. Before those are all gone, start preparing some more. Then the birthdays can't sneak up on you and when you get the notices towards the end of each month, you are ready to put the cards in the mail!

Barring a sudden death, we all know when we are going to be away from home for vacation, babies being born, or business travel. So plan ahead and mail that card before you go... don't wait until you get back and get around to it. Traveling is really not an excuse for a late birthday card.

Last year's swap was so much fun, but I hope we can do better this year and not have people saying they only received 2/3 of their packages by their birthday. That just hurts my heart.

Looking forward to this new year and getting to know both newbies and old friends even better!
Old 02-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
(snip) I am wondering about the list. Can someone tell me do we get it as a IM or just here on the site or do we get it the old way through the mail. I don't know if I will be able to get on internet over the weekend but I will try, hope to see the list soon
Last year we got the list of names and birth dates, but the actual addresses to mail to were not given out until the end of the month before their birthdays. That is, you will get the addresses for the March birthdays towards the end of Feb. Barb only gives out one month of addresses at a time... I guess to keep us from mailing *too* early.

Yes, you will get the info in a pm from Barbara, so watch your inbox!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:25 PM

Hello Ladies

Very well said sewbizgirl. Thanks for the ideas to keep everyone on their toes.

I do send addresses out once a month...the biggest reason is so that I have some kind of contact with people at least once a month.

I do have one more that I left off the list....and that is travelinggramma. She will be joining us this year too! Evidently she lives in her RV and travels around so she will give me her address when her birthday comes up. I think we are going to get some great stories from her!!!!!! I am looking forward to them Travelinggramma....where are you now??