Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >
  • How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

• How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-10-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by happymrs
    I do! Back corner bedroom, not nearly big enough, but it's all mine & I love it! Nice to have a room, any size, to be able to walk out & just leave everything out & ready to pick up where you left off, when you return once again! We are empty nesters, so that helps! ....
    This sounds like MY room! Yep the back corner bedroom! The kids have grown and moved on so I have the little bedroom, but hubby wouldn't mind if I took the dining room over. Don't think I will though as that's where the grandkids go to play when they're here.
    My room is small and I have sewing, scrapbooking and cross stitch supplies stored there. Plus my ironing board. Oh well, better than the kitchen table I guess.
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:01 AM

I am so blessed to have a room totally dedicated to my sewing. Due to a recent move I lost about 1/4 of my space. It's been challenging to fit it all in.....however I still know I am very fortunate.
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM

me, the kids moved out and I made a sewing room out of my daughters bedroom. Now my husband has his own trophy room. plus we still have a quest bedroom which the bed is where I lay some of my quilts. I have a hundred year old 4 bedroom home. Everyroom has something in it.
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 AM

I Do~I have had own sewing room for years.....Hubby knows how important it is to me to have space.... Lots of storage and countertop and now getting a special made cutting table I can also use for sewing when I need more depth for fabric.... I am very fortunate to have a great man who appreciates what I do and encourages me....
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Yes, a small but very compact ..tv/sewing/computer room.

Aplace for everything and when they are in their own place, it is quite workable....but that's not too often......

One gets a sewing room when the home becomes an empty nest
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by lallyann
    I wish I could say I do...but I don't... I have dreams of a Craft Barn...someday. A whole barn/building just for yummy fun craftiness...
    A girl can always dream!
    ~lallyann
    In our perfect world a craft barn, building dedicated to our personal hobbies would be mandatory. I would even add a kitchenette so I can bake or cook, another passion, while I crafted.
    Alas real world, my office/computer/sewing room is just mine but small. It is atleast all my stuff!
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Not bragging, but I have a seperate large building for mine. I love it but mainly use in in the seasons when I don't have to use air or heat. But I'm still out there enough because I have my quilting frames in my bedroom and can quilt in between times.
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 AM

I have a spare bedroom. Kicked out the bed and computer and now it's my happy place.
    Old 02-10-2011, 11:56 AM

I do! When we bought this house 30 years ago, one room was identified as the master bedroom, one the baby's room (DD was 20 mos.), and the third BR, which has a sliding glass door to the back yard (which then had a spa) became my "sewing room".
    DD's room still has bunk beds in it, but is now the "computer room".
    Old 02-10-2011, 12:00 PM

We bought this house 38 years ago. After my darling passed away the children and I talked about selling it. It's a big two story old fashioned house and I walked from room to room...full of old quilts from family, sewing for the children and my desk for writing...no way can I scale down. Besides, it's paid for. I get lonely in it at night but usually a grandkid will pop in with a youth group and the party is on. We learn to adjust. Love reading about all your rooms.