Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Caroltee
I know its too late to sign up but I need to lose some weight and would like to tag along on this board just for the support of all of you that understand how hard it is to do it alone
You are only a few days late. If you don't mind being late we don't mind you joining. Do you know your weight on Nov 1? Otherwise weigh yourself today and write it down I don't think you could have lost much from the 1st until now.
Thank You soooooooo much for the tag along. YES I know my weight on Nov 1st thats why am crying for some help and support. Thank U Thank U Thank U : :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by irishrose
Thank you for accepting the late entry. It gives a warm feeling to know someone cares about my weight other than just me and my doctor. I am trying to catch up reading posts, but I may have to wait until Sunday afternoon. I've got myself in a rush over finishing - no starting - aprons for a church bazaar Saturday.

Take care, y'all. Judy
I just realized you just joined the forum not only this thread.

We want you to get healthy so come here when you can and post how you are doing and SEND ME AN APRON!!!!!!!! only kidding however I do love aprons. They have come back in style. My DD wanted one made by Jessie Steele, whoever that is and the darn thing cost $30 could you imagin that for 1 yd of cupcake fabric. Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

I know its too late to sign up but I need to lose some weight and would like to tag along on this board just for the support of all of you that understand how hard it is to do it alone
You are only a few days late. If you don't mind being late we don't mind you joining. Do you know your weight on Nov 1? Otherwise weigh yourself today and write it down I don't think you could have lost much from the 1st until now.
Thank You soooooooo much for the tag along. YES I know my weight on Nov 1st thats why am crying for some help and support. Thank U Thank U Thank U : :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well we are all here with tissues to wipe away those tears. However sometimes we need the tissues to wipe our legs because we peed our pants.
This is a really fun group some of us crazy, some more then others but fun never the less.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by azwendyg
Originally Posted by Lucky Patsy's "Mom"
Well..... I signed up for this month on Monday morning, went to the grocery store in the afternoon and purchased (I kid you not) : Doritos, beer, cinnamon rolls and pizza dough!
Duh! Am I clueless or what? Sometimes I am my own worst enemy!
Well let's see, you have "dairy" (Doritos are made out of cheese, right?), "whole grains" (beer is made out of grain, right?), vegetables (cinnamon is a spice; isn't that kind of like a vegetable?), and "grain" albeit not whole grain (for the pizza dough)... So, there you have your food groups! :lol:

cinncmon is GREAT no really it is google health benefits of cinnamon. It makes you feel less hungry and it if full on anti oxidents.

Beer is also healthy lots of calories but healthy. beer is made with malted barley once again google health benefits of barley. Beer is also loaded with VIT B if you have a beer and add it into your calorie count you can have it.

So here goes you can actually eat healthy with what you bought.

Pizza dough......... use low fat cheese. Top with spinach. just get a box of frozen and squeese the water out of it. On top of that add cooked broccoli, frozen that you defrosted is fine. Mushrooms if you like them I don't. Have 1 serving. I bet the dough itself for 1 serving is between 120-140 calories. You could have a slice of pizza for dinner along with a garden salad.

Doritos.............lunch............... heat oven to about 350, I do this in the toaster oven. Weigh the dorito's for 1 serving, probably 1 oz. Put dorits on a cookie sheet. I line it with foil. Now take a fresh tomato and chop it. Put it on top of of the dorito's. Bake for about 10 minutes. Weigh 1 oz cheddar cheese, shredded. top dorito's with the cheese and put back in the oven until cheese melts. top with salas.

Cinnamon rolls??????????? are they made or do you have to make/bake them?????????? You can make them into bread pudding less roll more milk and eggs so you have breakfast.

You have to know what to do with the crap food to turn it into healthy meals.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:08 AM

I think I have heard that its not what you eat but how much. So enjoy what your hungry for.... just don't pig out :wink:
Old 11-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I think I have heard that its not what you eat but how much. So enjoy what your hungry for.... just don't pig out :wink:
That is what I do. I'm not willing to give up certain foods that I cook, I just cut back on the amounts that I eat.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Weight Watchers says that's the best way! No food is bad, too much of anything is bad!!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
Weight Watchers says that's the best way! No food is bad, too much of anything is bad!!
OK so I know the middle person in your avatar is me who are the others??????????
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 AM

My sister, Carol and myself. . . . .we even look alike!!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:20 PM

OK so we have gone through Missy's crisis, me in bed wwith vertigo for over 3 weeks, Carrie's DD and her kidney stones, all the doc appointments Dawns kids have and Gails funky mood. Did I leave anything out???????? So now lets all pull ourself up by our boot straps, shake the crap off us and move ahead.
I weighed myself this morning I usually do it on Sunday but didn't this past week. I am back up to 184.5 still under the 185 that I said if I reached again I would kill myself. OH if you don't see me around next week after I weigh in you know I hit 185 or over and a funeral is being planned for me. Those poor pall bearers having to carry me. So since I don't want to go above 185 I better do something. The dying part I would welcome it is the fat part I hate.

Breakfast............I know you all know OTAMEAL
Lunch........ beef barley soup
Dinner.......meatloaf, boiled potatoes, cauliflower

I will have a salad as a snack somewhere dessert will be ricotta cheese with vanilla mixed in and a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top. Bedtime snack yogurt with fruit. I think my salad will have dried cranberries and manderin(SP?) oranges and creamy rasberyy dressing. It tasts like dessert so I will have it after dinner. With looking aat this I think I have room for more calories so I will see how the day goes. I am still in bed but I am getting Christmas presents worked on. I have to lay on my side and I can sew little things. I have been making pincushions that I have embroidered with flowers. I have 1 more to finish, I will do tat today. Since the vertigo isn't so bad in the middle of the night I cut the fabric for mug rugs those could be hand pieced in bed. It is a good thing I ONLY hand do everything. That will be my day.
I have to stop eating bread and butter which is what I live on when I don't feel well. The vertigo makes you nausas so I can't eat but know I have to eat so I live on bread and butter. I am SO depressed HOWEVER>............ WE HAVE TO THINK POSITIVE AND FORGE AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You go, girl!!!!