Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 12-31-2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by fivepaws
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by IndyQuilter
Can there be only one winner? What if there is a tie between two or even three people? Do we have to buy each a FQ?
In 9 months there has never been a tie however if there was 1/2 the losers would send to 1person winner the other 1/2 to the other.
I would imagine, especially the first couple of months that there will be ties. I would be happy to send these lucky winners a FQ as long as there weren't more than 10. If there are more, that is great!!!! I would like to be more informed on becoming Vegan or at least Ova-vegan. I tried it once but can't eat nuts. what is the next best for protein. DH isn't thrilled with tofu. I need lots of help!!!!
Think long and hard before going vegan.You must get enough protein or your body will not function properly.I figure we were given canine teeth for a reason.If you do go vegan you will need to do supplements.Have you thought of just cutting out beef and doing only chicken and fish?
Old 12-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

If you need a little incentive to lose weight then check out the fat quilts for fluffy people thread. This was started by thelondonzoo. You make a weight loss block for every pound you lose. Some of us will need to make more than 1 quilt but that's ok.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by lorniki
Originally Posted by lauriejo
I'm in again! One of these months I will get back on track and start losing again. But, if that doesn't happen I will certainly enjoy the journey. I love this thread so much fun and help and caring, not like my "real" life at all LOL!

For Gwyn and Mary Jane, Carrie did start a thread for making a weight loss quilt http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68430-1.htm. You won't see any of my blocks there, since I haven't lost a pound since we started it, GRRR. Actually for December I gained a pound. Sigh
When I tried to access the above site this is what I got:The requested resource (/t-68430-1.htm.) is not available.
Try it without the period at the end. :)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68430-1.htm
Old 12-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbridges22
I think the pic of the pole on page 8 is the same pole Cbridges had at the North Pole, it was in the barn with her.

Missy and you think you are strange!
Right you are!The should have seen you spinning on the sucker,but you are always spinning aren't ya!
yep.......I am always spinning, I have my very own built in carnival ride. :shock: :shock:
Old 12-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned

As I sit here I am having my last butter ladden lunch for 2010.............a big bowl of grits with so much butter it is swimming it it. yummmmmmmmm no cheese, no baccon I like it just plain cooked in milk...........grits. omg I have been in Ohio too long........PLEASE send me back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, Cbridges aka Cindy you read it right......GRITS. and weren't YOU suppose to give me some grit recipes???????
Old 12-31-2010, 10:29 AM

Today is the BIG day! I will either eat up all the goodies left from Christmas....or THROW it out! Time to remove it ALL from this house! Who is with me? Ready to start pitching? 1....2....3 PITCH! :D
Big sigh, I would like to lose 30-40 pounds...I CAN DO THIS!
For those who hate exercise as much as I do, here is a motivational saying to keep you going.

Everytime I walk, I leave fat in my footsteps :thumbup:
Old 12-31-2010, 10:46 AM

Sign me up. I've gained 20 pounds this month. UGH!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jlarmen
Today is the BIG day! I will either eat up all the goodies left from Christmas....or THROW it out! Time to remove it ALL from this house! Who is with me? Ready to start pitching? 1....2....3 PITCH! :D
The oldies have done that.............we call it DECRAPING!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:47 AM

Thanks. any suggestions where to get started with pilates?
Old 12-31-2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by jlarmen
The oldies have done that.............we call it DECRAPING!!!!!!!!!!
Yup. That is true it is called de-crapping. Tru has the most crap of all by the way!! LOL!!

Missy