"Weigh In"

Old 01-30-2010, 05:12 AM

I am down 6 pounds since January 3rd. I have to use the treadmill more. That's when I see success! I am committing here today to walk everyday for the next 7 days.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:26 AM

If I had a treadmill I'd use it everyday.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:02 AM

Congratulations Mrs. Mel!! :-D :-D :-D

I'm here for my weekly weigh in: I've lost 1 lb. this week. I had been down 2 lbs. a few days ago, but had a couple of bad eating days. :roll: :roll: Must work on that.

But I'm proud to say I exceeded my exercise goal of 4 days by working out for 5 days! Hooray! I planned to do so this morning also but my legs are asking for a break. LOL. Here's how my week looked:

Mon: Fluidity Bar
Tues: Walk Away the Pounds 2 Mile Walk (without weights)
Wed: 10 min. of 3 lb. dumbells working on arms and shoulders
Thurs: Fluidity Bar
Fri: Walk/Pounds 1 Mile Walk (using 3 lb. dumbells)

Total weight loss so far: 3 lbs.

Goals for the coming week: exercise 6 days, no eating after 7pm

Keep up the good work everyone!! I love how encouraging this group is! I'm proud of all of you!!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:03 AM

Way to go Mamagus! :-D
Old 01-30-2010, 10:47 AM

Well, I had something ironic happened Friday! I got a phone call at work that a delivery was coming, I got a dozen lovely chocolate chip cookies as a thank you for a presentation I did for a group. I couldn't believe it. And I've been so good all week. I put the cookies out in the break room at lunch and one helpful co-worker saved me the last one (for a number of reasons, I'm not telling them I'm trying to lose weight). And I was tempted. So I ate. And then forgave myself and behaved the rest of the day.

I've been doing OK. I've lost 9 pounds in January, am exercising regularly at Curves, and am monitoring calories and eating very healthy. This week I also started taking a multivitamin. My goal for next week is to drink more water and green tea. I don't get thirsty so I don't drink enough fluid. Also, I've found that the protein in a low-fat yogurt (80 calories, lots of flavors available) is very helpful to me in my final hour at work. It holds me through exercise and my 50 minute drive home until I get supper. Normally walking in the door after work is my worst time of day -- I just want to shove things in my mouth. Last night DH found a simple recipe in my Curves book for stir-fry shrimp and brown rice and he fixed brocoli. What a sweetie! Gotta love it when he's cheering me on.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Excellent everyone! If I can't do it here, I just can't do it--I think I can. :-) I have an elliptical machine on the closed in porch. My plan is to get DH to help me move it right behind my chair, where I work, so I can do a few minutes every hour or two. I really need to move around more, since my job has me sitting for long periods of time. When I'm focused on work, I forget everything else (except food when I'm frustrated). My desk is in the dining room, so this is a big step for me, but if I don't see the machine, I forget I have it. This will be so convenient, there will be no excuse. I'm looking forward to feeling so much better in the days ahead. Thank you all for this opportunity. I can't wait until I can say I've lost some pounds too. You Go Girls and Guys!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:53 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

By the way, Sew Cornie, I LOVE your avatar. Is that a 9-patch?
Old 01-30-2010, 10:55 AM

Teacup I am so proud of you!!! Keep up the good work, it is so exciting to hear from everyone making healthy changes and losing weight. Sew cornie you have done a fabulous job of exercising this week and losing weight too! Magmus how awesome to have lost 6lbs in one month!!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:58 AM

Hi Teacup, I think you did the best thing you could have done. You exercised balance by eating just one cookie. Give yourself lots of credit for that. You can be proud of yourself, and I know we are all proud of you too. :-)
Old 01-30-2010, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup
Well, I had something ironic happened Friday! I got a phone call at work that a delivery was coming, I got a dozen lovely chocolate chip cookies as a thank you for a presentation I did for a group. I couldn't believe it. And I've been so good all week. I put the cookies out in the break room at lunch and one helpful co-worker saved me the last one (for a number of reasons, I'm not telling them I'm trying to lose weight). And I was tempted. So I ate. And then forgave myself and behaved the rest of the day.

I've been doing OK. I've lost 9 pounds in January, am exercising regularly at Curves, and am monitoring calories and eating very healthy. This week I also started taking a multivitamin. My goal for next week is to drink more water and green tea. I don't get thirsty so I don't drink enough fluid. Also, I've found that the protein in a low-fat yogurt (80 calories, lots of flavors available) is very helpful to me in my final hour at work. It holds me through exercise and my 50 minute drive home until I get supper. Normally walking in the door after work is my worst time of day -- I just want to shove things in my mouth. Last night DH found a simple recipe in my Curves book for stir-fry shrimp and brown rice and he fixed brocoli. What a sweetie! Gotta love it when he's cheering me on.
Pat yourself on the back that you shared the cookies--after all, YOU did the presentation. Good for you for only eating ONE cookie!!!
Self control is the name of the game!!

Rose Hall