Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-02-2012, 03:44 AM

Just want to send prayers to all experiencing life's trials with their health or families health. I too am going through my own tribulations with my elderly mother who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, congestive heart failure and the latest thing dimentia. It's so hard to see my mother who is my rose suffer so much. On top of that I am bummed because I lost my pandora charm bracelet that was very expensive but more important was very special to me. My husband and children just gave it to me this past Christmas and It meant a lot to me. I am devastated that i lost it and could not sleep last night. I know it is materialistic and my husband says it's ok but I reallly loved my bracelet because they took the time to build it to tell our family story. So at one o'clock (i get up at 5 in the morning to commute an hour and twenty minutes to work) this morning I was reading up on my sp and I am excited to be a part of this swap and get a special box put together for her. I just had to vent so thank you all for listening.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:58 AM

Got my SP's name. Lori thank you for hosting this swap again. Please rest up those feet! Soak them in epsom salt for a bit and relax. My SP loves the same type of fabric motif I do and color as well! This is going to be fun! To those of you who have been ill or have family/friends that are, hugs and prayers go out to you.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:20 AM

I may have another swapper, she thought she had sent in her info but she had not. I told her to send it in, someone always wants another secret pal! I am all done giving out names finished about midnight. If you have not received your secret pal name and information please send me a private message right away!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:26 AM

Off topic: Have to get ready for Dr appt (rhematoligist) today and then Cardialigist tomorrow and then stress test the 15th. Busy busy busy. Also moving Sept 1st but just downstairs to a different apt. My appt is 93 steps from the elevator a nd I am having trouble making it all the way down the hallway every day with shortness of breath from COPD and back troubles and now feet an legs swelling! The new apt is on first floor and is handicapped apt which means has larger kitchen and bathroom had no bathtub, walk in shower. So this is a great time to down size in some areas. The BEST part of the new apt is that the storage closet is two times as large as the one I have now so you know that means MORE FABRIC SPACE!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
Off topic: Have to get ready for Dr appt (rhematoligist) today and then Cardialigist tomorrow and then stress test the 15th. Busy busy busy. Also moving Sept 1st but just downstairs to a different apt. My appt is 93 steps from the elevator a nd I am having trouble making it all the way down the hallway every day with shortness of breath from COPD and back troubles and now feet an legs swelling! The new apt is on first floor and is handicapped apt which means has larger kitchen and bathroom had no bathtub, walk in shower. So this is a great time to down size in some areas. The BEST part of the new apt is that the storage closet is two times as large as the one I have now so you know that means MORE FABRIC SPACE!!!!!!!
Lori, you know that you are on our minds and in our prayers while you go through the testing.
Congratulations on the new apartment! I hope you have someone to help you move.
We'll all have to help you fill that closet up fast!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:40 AM

Oh dear...I am so sorry so many of you are not doing so well...

Prayers are there for Fayzer and her brother and his wife. I know having you near will mean a lot to them.
Thinking of you Ladybug...I hope your son is well again soon. Prayers are there for you, too.
Lori, I hope your tests are not so hard on you. You are in my thoughts and I agree with the person that said to soak in Epsom Salts...I think it is a wonder drug! Put your feet up if you can but now that you have added moving to the picture I don't know how you will be able to do that! I hope you have a lot of help and am glad you will have more room for FABRIC...give us a list of what you want...I agree with Krystyna..it will be fun to help you fill that closet!

Joejoe...did you get me? I live in the "Land of Lincoln". My sp doesn't live in the USA...that is clue enough. Have a good day every one..I am off to the LQS today for my SP and then to Joann's where "GO" is 40% off and I need/want more templates.

Krystyna I do need that fantastic man! Widowhood is for the birds.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:08 AM

Wow ... I never checked the board yesterday at all and lots of messages. I got my SP's names and lists and off to shop tonight after work. One SP had lots of info and will be very easy to do up a package for. The other SP will not to be too bad either. Both like chocolate and both collect pincushions.

Ladybug ... so sorry to hear about your son ... hope they find something to help him out soon.

Havplenty ... I am a crocheter and I would always use the cotton.

Segasal so glad to hear about your training dog ... hope all goes well.

Fayzer sorry to hear about your brother ... enjoy spending time with him while you go and help out him and his wife.

Last but not least ... Lori thank you for doing another swap and please look after yourself and put those feet up.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:09 AM

Lori, relax and put your feet up.
Hav, think of the pounds you are sweating away. And keep drinking that water.
Sega, I'm excited for you and your new friend who will bring you independence.
Faye, Ladybug and everyone else having problems, Hugs to you.
Lori, thank you I received my sp name, Now to fill the box.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:19 AM

Good morning all! Hope you all have a great day! Got my SP name (Thank You Lori) so off to town to pick up a few things for her, she should be easy to buy for. She even posts on here! Yeah! She lives way north of me in my DH home state! Lori hope you can relax a little before you start the move, and congrats on the new apt.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:21 AM

Got my name too! This is going to take a little thought, she's really new to quilting and didn't give to much info. She likes purple though, that's easy 1/4 of my stash must be purples.
Havplenty the yarn your wondering about is called "Peaches and Cream", you can find it in Walmart, Pamida, maybe Shopko not sure. 1 ball of it makes 1 dishcloth with some left, if you get 2, they can usually make 3 . about $1.89 ea.. Better get my thinking cap on, everyone have a great day!