Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
Patrice, I just want to say "thank you"..I know the new board can be confusing but most new things are..even down to our cars, new quilts we want to make and ect..Eventually, I know that the new board will become like those special slippers that feel just right that we like to slip on and get comfortable with
I feel the same way...thank you Patrice, for everything you do!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:05 PM

Thank goodness we have to ask how do you do it. I still have not figure out how the use the smile faces. I miss them. Thank you for being there for us.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:08 PM

Thanks Patrice,
I'm new here but I truly do respect your situation. As I have told you before, I have no idea how you put up with all of the "stuff" you have to put up with here. You are obviously going for sainthood! LOL
Keep up the good work and in time we will figure all this out!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
Patrice, I just want to say "thank you"..I know the new board can be confusing but most new things are..even down to our cars, new quilts we want to make and ect..Eventually, I know that the new board will become like those special slippers that feel just right that we like to slip on and get comfortable with
I so much like your sentiment, especially about the old, comfy slippers. Everything new is very confusing at first, but we just keep plugging along, and soon we wouldn't have it any other way. Come on, people. Just give it a chance. You just may find you prefer all the new things and wouldn't change a thing!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:31 PM

Think of it like a new machine, something new to learn and grow to love.
Thank you Patrice for your patience, and hard work.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:33 PM

It will all work out, while it is a huge change, we will adjust! Thanks for all the improvements and efforts you and others have made! We really do appreicate it! I am liking some of the new features already!
Old 11-05-2011, 04:34 PM

I like using the smiley faces but can't figure out how to apply them to what I post. I can mark them but how do I apply them? Thanks Smiley smiley
Old 11-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Red face A Sincere Thank You

Patrice, I am one of those that lurk daily for hours and yet rarely comment. Unless I can contribute to a thread I don't feel I should comment. After all, how many pages of "beautiful" do people want to read.

The shock of seeing the new board made me feel anger for the loss of the comfort of being "home" and frustration at not being able to find anything. The simple loss of my signature and the frustration in trying to restore it, was laughable. However, I was taught that if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it.

Now that a few days have passed and things seem to be slightly easier I would like to take a moment to say a sincere thank you.

And of course would you like a glass of red or white wine?

Carol

PS I never could figure out how to use the smilies on the old board.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Patrice you all did an awesome job, I have been a Moderator before on a different type board but I spent most of my nights ready complaints and dealing with server issues, etc it's not easy and there are days where you question yourself for getting into this lol but the good days to come will hopefully have a lot of this as a distant memory for a lot of the users. Thank you for giving up your personal time to do this for all of us.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:45 PM

i am slowly getting used to the new look, etc. i love that the p.m.'s are printed on the notification! means i can read it quickly! i think this board is going to work out just fine!