I'm a Grandma!!!!

Old 01-02-2010, 10:53 PM

I remember when Justin was first born ... it was like: When he was finally asleep, there was no way I was going to wake him up - - but, in reality ... I probably should have been a bit more aggressive about that daytime sleeping event stuff <g> ...
Have you heard that babies like the sound of a vacuum cleaner or dryer to sleep with? (remember -- where they came from there was always some sort of noise going on ... and, all kinds of movement <g>) They just aren't all that sold on the "real" world, yet!
This too shall pass ... <g>
Old 01-02-2010, 11:01 PM

They don't mind a little noise, but when they are asleep, we try to not make any since they don't really sleep all that long. Little boy will sleep for 3 hours if his belly is nice and full, but little girl will go for 2 hours at the most. She's still tiny so that's what I think the problem with her is.
I still don't understand WHY they will sleep when we are shopping. We had gone to the mall, spent and hour in the suit shop, then walked around the mall for an hour. Then to dinner for another 2 hours. The drive round trip took an hour. They slept the entire time except for when we changed them before we went in the restaurant. Lauren suggested we change them before we went in just in case. They slept thru diaper change....even little boy slept thru it .... poor little guy had "shrinkage" going on because it was a bit chilly in the truck. lol
Just don't understand......but, i'm hoping that maybe 10 min outside with fresh air might help them to sleep a bit better....
Old 01-02-2010, 11:04 PM

motion my dear, ,motion.

My daughter spent a lot of time hanging out in the swing when she was an infant...she slept really well!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:13 PM

Little girl loves the swing, little boy isn't sure about it.
Lauren doesn't want them in the swing for longer than an hour. Don't understand that....oh well.......she'll learn, just like she's learning now
Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
motion my dear, ,motion.

My daughter spent a lot of time hanging out in the swing when she was an infant...she slept really well!
Exactly! <g>
and, think about sleeping all hunched over in the child seats and the strollers ... just like where they used to live! then, we lay them out on a hard mattress and think ... isn't that fun??? NOT!
and, are you laying them on their sides? so they can curl up? They feel more secure like that ... after all ... coming from being all curled up to laying out flat must feel about as comfortable as being on a bed of nails!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Our Air Force son didn't like the swing, either ... UNLESS! He was sitting straight up.
Was telling grandson about his uncle the other day ... the ONLY time that child cuddled was while he was being nursed! Other than that, he wanted to be sitting straight up ... it was sort of startling to see this three week old baby insisting on sitting straight up on your knees - - how do they do that??? They can't even speak english! LOL
and, that oldest son never cooed ... he wasn't impressed with the world, and had no problem explaining that to everyone around - - took me three months to realize the kid wasn't crying, he was expressing an opinion!
Old 01-02-2010, 11:33 PM

Oh no! Babies HAVE to sleep on their backs, didn't you know this? UGH!!! That is what all the "experts" now say because it prevents SIDS.
But, what do we know as moms, right?

Anyway...little boy is now awake and is wanting food. Little girl is FINALLY asleep, so I'm heading to bed.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Oh no! Babies HAVE to sleep on their backs, didn't you know this? UGH!!! That is what all the "experts" now say because it prevents SIDS.
But, what do we know as moms, right?

Anyway...little boy is now awake and is wanting food. Little girl is FINALLY asleep, so I'm heading to bed.
yeah ... I know <g> catch you later <wave>
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Power Poster

My children lived in their swings , vibrating seats. LOL Do the twins share a bed or are the seperated ? Some say that they are use to being close together and miss that if they are seperated to sleep, maybe something to try.
Sleep on their back, sleep on their side, sleep on their stomaches, I sear it changes every couple of years :hunf: My one sister has 4 kids and I think two had the wedges ( remember them ? To force the baby to sleep on their sides and the other two had to sleep on their backs :hunf: I sleep on my stomach , my two sonss slept on their stomachs , we are fine. But as you say give them time and they will figure it all out. As for sleeping so well while shopping, well who knows ??? THANKS for the updates ! And its been a few days , no new pictures :wink:
Old 01-03-2010, 03:49 AM

tlrnhi - I have been so "out of it" that I just now found out the fantastic news!!!

They sure are cute. I'm glad you're having fun with them, despite their little idiosyncrasies. If you think of it, please give them hugs from us! The Mom and Dad, too.

There's one thing I noticed when my friends would get pregnant, and that was that the dad seemed to melt into the background, with everyone exclaiming over the mother, but when the babies come, the mom starts to blur then disappear too. Have you noticed that too?