I'm a Grandma!!!!

Old 12-31-2009, 09:20 PM

I didn't get back there today. We took a ride to Columbus to get a new stroller and to pick up new bottles. Little girl is always having hiccups, so I thought to try the Playtex Dropins. She's liking them ok, but the BIG kids really don't like them. UGH!
I'm going to take a ride tomorrow to see if the place is open. If it is, I'm just going to buy it and figure out what to do once I have it. I'll probably wrap it good, then mail it to myself "book rate". It'll take about 6 weeks for it to get to me, but that's ok. I can wait for it.

Of course I'm stealing huggies! Why not? Once I leave here, I won't be able to steal any until June!!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

Awwww those pictures are awesome!!! They get more adorable every day :D:D:D
Old 12-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Power Poster

HAPPY NEW YEAR ! To all of you ... and hey give them cuties some lovin from us :lol:
Little D looks like he is winking :wink: going to be making moves on the ladies already
Old 01-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Hope the store will still have the little rack when you get back...it probably will. Reminds me...I need to check out our little local thrift store again..haven't done it recently.

I guess you'll have to tell the BIG kids to "deal with it"...little kids choices take precedence right now.. :wink:
Old 01-01-2010, 07:01 AM

The babies are adorable Terri. And I am so glad that you got out and about the other day. My DH recently bought me a quilt rack at an auction and he made it sturdy and gave it some coasts of stain - just love it. I am sure it was hand made as it doesn't look like any quilt rack I have seen.

Give Olivia and Little D a hug and kiss from me!

When do you return back to the warmer place?
Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 AM
Dix

The babies are adorable!!! Our gift from our precious grand daughter and husband was a long box with a blue and pink ribbon in it. This was telling us we would be getting one or the other in August. I told them it could be both at once !!
They have been married 7 year and 4 of those he was in the Navy. Now settled down in real life. We are so excieted!
Old 01-01-2010, 01:40 PM

Tell the big kids some things are just determined by the baby! Those playtex bottles were the next best thing to the breast way back then...
Old 01-01-2010, 01:51 PM

Adorable babies-You sure must be proud!
Hugs
April
Old 01-01-2010, 08:11 PM

WOW! I have been gone and I was wondering if you were a Grandma yet or not. The babes are totally adorable! The parents are being a bit "out to lunch", but they may grow up faster than the babes and figure out each one is different and will need to be treated a bit differently. Quite a saga - but no matter what, they are way too cute. And as much as you feel cooped up, the minute you get home you will miss them so much and want to come back. So, take your time, walk around the block as often as you can to take a break - and enjoy every moment you have with them. Thanks for posting all the pics and sharing your days with us. I hope you get the rack and are able to get it home. I send love, hugs and kisses to you and the babies and the parents too - with wishes for all for an extremely Happy & healthy 2010.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 PM

Thanks all...
yes, i will miss these little buggers.
Funny thing....mom and dad are now trying to NOT sleep with babies. Ah ha! Babies were fed and put to sleep, then put in portacrib. Little girl decided she was going to wake up and wanted to be held. Thru tears, Lauren laid on the couch trying to NOT pick her up. Grandma came to the rescue. I told Lauren to go to sleep, that I would take care of little girl.
I picked her up, took her and changed her. While changing her, we had a talk. I told her that she needed to go to bed. It was late and that everyone under the age of 18 needed to be asleep. I put a dry diaper and clean jammies on her. Got her a bottle and fed her. Wrapped her tightly, rocked her all the while telling her she was going to sleep in her OWN bed and sleep for more than an hour. Well, she's been down for about an hour so far.
Cannot understand. We take them out and they sleep the ENTIRE 6 hours we are gone. Get them home and POOF! up the wake and don't want to go back to sleep. Tomorrow we are going to try to take them outside just for a short 10 min walk to see if they'll sleep longer. Lauren has decided it is time to TRY to get them to realize when it's daytime and when it's night time......
Guess something I have said is finally sinking in........