Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Good Morning you people are so funny. I'm enjoying just reading and having a good laugh. I have found a web site that is helping me. I have lost about 26 pounds useing this site. We all want to be healthy not just thin,and we know we need to cut down on sodium,fat and colesterol. This site helps to trak all of these and calories. I have found it to be very helpful. http://www.livestrong.com Go check it out I love it.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am not a cereal person but when I want to lose weight I will eat some. I eat Arrowhead Mills puffed rice cereal that is unsweetened and to add sweetness fresh fruit works wonder for me since I am not a sugar person. I also like Complete all bran cereal, there might be sugar in that but it has a low calorie count.
See, I'm a cereal person. It's kind of like comfort food to me. I try to behave myself by buying plain Cheerios or plain corn flakes but then I go and add sugar to it! lol Where have you found puffed rice cereal? I remember eating it as a kid but I haven't been able to find it in the grocery stores near me.

Amazon.com. I buy Arrowhead Mills puffed rice. They also make puffed corn and puffed wheat.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM

See, I'm a cereal person. It's kind of like comfort food to me. I try to behave myself by buying plain Cheerios or plain corn flakes but then I go and add sugar to it! lol Where have you found puffed rice cereal? I remember eating it as a kid but I haven't been able to find it in the grocery stores near me.

I get the malt o meal in a bag at the reg grocery store
Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

I am set for dinner as it is cooking as I type. I am making a pot of vegetable barley soup. I weighed and measured so there is 3 servings. I read barley is GREAT if you are diabetic, not that I am but for those of you out there who are. I have a BBIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGG garden salad with cheddar cheese sitting in the fridge to go along with it. All I have to do later is add my homegron tomatoes, I don't like cold tomatoes. Now the question is do I want it with Italian dressing or do I add dried cranberries and manderine oranges and make a creamy raspberry dressing.

It is almost lunch time I have leftover cauliflower so I am going to make a cauliflower fritatta (SP?) I baked chocolate biscotti this morning to have with my tea this afternoon. Now that all of that is done after lunch I could spend my time sewing.

See you all later!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 AM
Banned

Abby I just called you and left a message.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am set for dinner as it is cooking as I type. I am making a pot of vegetable barley soup. I weighed and measured so there is 3 servings. I read barley is GREAT if you are diabetic, not that I am but for those of you out there who are. I have a BBIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGG garden salad with cheddar cheese sitting in the fridge to go along with it. All I have to do later is add my homegron tomatoes, I don't like cold tomatoes. Now the question is do I want it with Italian dressing or do I add dried cranberries and manderine oranges and make a creamy raspberry dressing.

It is almost lunch time I have leftover cauliflower so I am going to make a cauliflower fritatta (SP?) I baked chocolate biscotti this morning to have with my tea this afternoon. Now that all of that is done after lunch I could spend my time sewing.

See you all later!!!!!!!!!!

I want to come to your house to eat!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:35 AM

How do you ladies do itl I pack a hugh amount of stuff into one day and I am completely exhausted by the end of the day. My 86 year old mom who still lives in her own home and just needs a little care whom i visit every day, my mil who is in a nursing home and whom i also visit one a day, my husband who thinks i should cook like his mom did, my vegeriterian (sp) oldest daughter and my youngest daughter who only eats chicken, my full time job of 40 hours a week and my part time job of 16 hours a week house cleaning, shopping laundry etc there just isn't enough time in the day, for me to do anything. i only get to sew maybe one or twice a week and by then i'm either to tired to enjoy it very much or i just make mistakes. My diet and exercies plans always fall apart from exhaustion. Help Lisa
Old 09-03-2010, 09:57 AM

I need you addy to send your fat quarter for winning August's weight loss Great!!!
Mary Stire This is for Candlequilter
Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Banned

Oh my goodness - I just found out!!!!!!!!!! Yippppeeee!!!!!!!
Okay I'm sorry - just my moment of happiness coming thru.

My internet service provider connection has been out for the last 2 days and I wasn't able to connect to the internet. I felt so lost. So now that I can I am so happy plus seeing this just makes me double happy. I am going to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate! And just eat the way I use to, but tomorrow morning back to the new eating habits. They are such a complete change from the way I use to eat but I really am enjoying eating this way. It doesn't feel like a diet but just healthier eating.

Congratulations to everyone else that lost weight in August - keep up the great work.

It might take me awhile to get to all my PM's so please be patient with me and THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 09-03-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Yvette48
My DH loves me for who I am,but I feel sad,because he never saw the real me at 120 lbs.
Yvette, your weight shouldn't hide the inner you.

I used to be very ashamed of the way I looked. I wouldn't participate in group activities at work, I'd cover my body as much as possible (even in 100-degree weather), I wasn't friendly with people, I just felt that I wasn't worth much because of my weight. But I slowly started to realize that my weight was simply a number on the scale. I'm over 300 lbs and you know what? No one was shocked when I wore a tank top and showed my arm fat. When I started participating in group activities, I found that people were welcoming. I started to allow the inner me out. I think doing so allowed me to be open enough to the universe to bring my husband and other blessings into my life.

The skinny you isn't the REAL you, it's just a skinnier version of who you are right now. *hugs* I just wanted to share that with you.
Christina, good for you! You are a brave lady and an inspiration! I haven't shown my arms in over 20 years - I don't do sleeveless or even short sleeves. When I shop, I don't even bother to look at the sleeveless tops. Even in the warmest weather I wear a 3/4 sleeve shirt. I am so self-conscious of my flabby and flappy upper arms. Even when I weighed much less I still had huge upper arms. I wish I could take a page out of your book.