Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-10-2011, 06:53 PM

After the girls moved out of their bedroom and into their own homes, I took over the room for my sewing room. But before that my sewing "space" was in many areas of the house. At first it was in the utility room, but when we purchased a chest type freezer, I had to move out to make room for the freezer. I then moved into our bedroom with machine on a card table shoved in a corner. In order to be able to sew during the night while DH slept, I moved the machine into the dining area. I was a "man without a country," Alas, the children grew up and left the nest and I have a sewing room. At the moment -- a very cluttered crowded sewing room.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 PM

i too have a sewing room in our old house i sewed in dining room been in new house 23 years i've had sew machine in every room when dh passed took his room 4 years ago and like every one else need more space its about10x12 size have steel door for sewing table on saw horses, doors off closet metal selves have stash in plastic box,s if i can get to wall plan putting up design wall just have path around sew table but like the of the board men. thrilled to have my own sew room don't aim to ever give it up
Old 02-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Banned

I have a room that is 20' x 20', that I share with my husband. When he has one of his gaming days, I have to put a lot of my stuff away; but those days are rare, thankfully!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by MonkeeGirl
I do. The front bedroom was repainted when #2 son and granddaughter moved into their own home. I can leave it as messy or neat as I choose. No one goes into it but me. I have a small television and wall to wall closet with double doors.

Nana Julie...we have several things in common. I am a Julie. Granddaughter calls me Nana. I live in Georgia. My oldest son went to school at North Georgia in Dahlonega. We must be related!
Ya never know, as I have lots of family around Forest Park as well.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM

I converted the back bedroom, after all the kids left and made it my sewing room. My dear husbanc make shelves in the closet for my material, leaving enough room in the bottom for totes, which are full of fabric, lace, etc. I have a 5'x6' cutting table, 2 sewing machines out, ready to use. Large ironing board and iron, ready for use any time. I also have a Grace quilting frame for the large quilts.
I love it because it's my room .
Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM

My sewing room is a 10x12 bedroom. No bed just me and my 2 sewing cabinets, cutting table, grandmother's 1914 treadle and my BabyLock sewing cabinet. It has a walk in closet but it is so full of extra coats and stuff I only have my yarn in it.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM

I have my own sewing room. When my husband and I had out mobile home built, we requested that there be no carpeting put in, only wood floors, so that I dont' have vaccuum threads up all the time. I took the front bedroom as my sewing room becuase it has a lot of sun, and several times during the day when I am in there, the quilt police come by and check up on the current probjects. My husband set up his man cave in the second bedroom, and of course our master suite is for us. I dont' bother hubby in his man cave and he doesnt' bother me in the sewing/quilting room. i have television in there, music, everything I need, including the feline companions.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 PM

I do. We moved last May and had the basement finished out. "My" room is approx 21 X 22. I work from home, so one side is where my office is set up. I am still in the process of getting all my quilting/sewing things unpacked and organized. Still trying to figure out shelving needs and such. I love that I have room for all my "stuff". Still unpacking boxes as well. Unpacking all my stash, that has been put up for quite a while, has been like Christmas again. I will send pictures when I'm finished getting it all set up.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Enchanted Quilter
When I moved to Okla I had a large 2 car garage converted to my sewing room for my longarm. Thought that would be big enough.But!!it is full need 2 keep sorting & start selling will post later a bunch of patterns collect over many yrs never used . But I love my big room. Built a carport for my truck.
I love a quilter with her priorities straight! lol!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM

I do when our last child left home,I took over one bedroom and turned it into my quilt room.