Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-23-2011, 01:09 PM

I'm sorry sp but the postal service is looking for your package - it was supose to be delivered on the 20th - the postal department wanted to oooh and aaaah over the wrapping so sent it on a fabulous trip around the states - they advised me to check back with them by Tuesday as they have put a call out to find the box - it's final destination is zip code 59912 - please hang in there a few more days.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

Tussymussy Lori said anyone getting sugar free chocolate has to share it with me.No really that is what she said.Ask Krystyna,It was at the same time she told her we all have to send our swaps to her this month.Really a nice swap you recieved. I love the red needle threaders.Pretty.Cute panel too. Mary
Old 09-23-2011, 02:04 PM

My Dr added a pain patch to my list of meds. I only have to change it once a week. This is in addition to still taking the other pain meds. Hopefully I won't have a reaction to the adhesive on the patch. I've had problems with adhesives in the past. I stated using it this morning. It's helping a little, but they put me on the lowest does to start with.

Very nice packages everyone has received today.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Tussymussy Lori said anyone getting sugar free chocolate has to share it with me.No really that is what she said.Ask Krystyna,It was at the same time she told her we all have to send our swaps to her this month.Really a nice swap you recieved. I love the red needle threaders.Pretty.Cute panel too. Mary
Are you sure about that? Absolurely sure? Oh dear, the pack is open! Can't get to the post office until Monday, as they are open a few more might disappear :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-23-2011, 02:10 PM

Juli I hope that you and Shane are doing ok today. I know how hard it can be when having to deal with the lower life forms that are our ex's. I have to call mine today and discuss his lack of involvement with our children, especially Jon. I'm worried about him as he hasn't been getting out of the house lately. I talked to him about going to the library next week. But it would be great if his dad spent sometime with him. It's been months since he has even seen him. My son has always handled the accident that left him paralyzed extremely well. But it has to hurt that you dad has no time for you. I so don't want to call him. I don't talk to him unless I absolutely have to.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Juli I hope that you and Shane are doing ok today. I know how hard it can be when having to deal with the lower life forms that are our ex's. I have to call mine today and discuss his lack of involvement with our children, especially Jon. I'm worried about him as he hasn't been getting out of the house lately. I talked to him about going to the library next week. But it would be great if his dad spent sometime with him. It's been months since he has even seen him. My son has always handled the accident that left him paralyzed extremely well. But it has to hurt that you dad has no time for you. I so don't want to call him. I don't talk to him unless I absolutely have to.
Boy I was in this spot when my kids were little. Some men just don't connect to their kids. My husband now has always been a very good step-dad. I was lucky the second time around.As my kids got older they realized it's his problem not theirs. I hope your son finds this out soon. It breaks your heart when they are little and still want to see their dad. My son calls his father the sperm donor when he talks of him. which is very rare.My son is 38 now.He grew to be a wonderful father to his own kids.I wish I could tell him it's not his fault and give him a big gramma hug.It's just something he has to deal with.It's just not fair. I'm sorry Mary
Old 09-23-2011, 03:08 PM

Pretty bird song panels Tussymussy. Are you sure those weren't meant for me? They would go with my quilt my BFF made so well.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804
Originally Posted by fayzer
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Extremely cool reminder ... but this one was September 14th.
So :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Will it blink and swirl if I print it out? :mrgreen:
It is for October. Lori's quote. PACKAGES NEED TO BE SENT OUT BY October 14th this is a FIRM deadline (NOT A SUGGESTION).

To use the reminder, go to photobucket and make one for yourself. I can't print out the code.
[IMG]http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/79dce47b.gif[/IMG]
Actually you did....it's in your post when you answer it you can see the link
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/79dce47b.gif
DUH! Didn't show when I looked at it.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Boy I was in this spot when my kids were little. Some men just don't connect to their kids. My husband now has always been a very good step-dad. I was lucky the second time around.As my kids got older they realized it's his problem not theirs. I hope your son finds this out soon. It breaks your heart when they are little and still want to see their dad. My son calls his father the sperm donor when he talks of him. which is very rare.My son is 38 now.He grew to be a wonderful father to his own kids.I wish I could tell him it's not his fault and give him a big gramma hug.It's just something he has to deal with.It's just not fair. I'm sorry Mary
I'm just glad that my kids are all adults. It just makes it hard for my son. The marriage came to an end shortly after his accident and I always worry that he thinks that he was to blame for it. My daughters don't talk to their dad either. They just got tired of his bs.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Swap Hosts

Well, on a happy note, I received a surprise from Koko today! I don't know why, except that I was demanding ALL the packages. Anyway she sent me some adorable fabric - one with chocolate yummies and another with sweet prim angels. Thank you so much and I LOVE them.