Is facebook fun???

Old 03-13-2011, 04:29 AM

I love Facebook because it allows me to find and keep up with friends, old and new, and famly all over the country. I found my half brother and half sister wh didn't know I existed on FB. I check it every day to see what everyone is up to.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:29 AM

Yes, I love facebook. I am connected to family members I hardly knew I had. I even found one of my favorite students and we are now friends on Facebook. It is a great way to keep in touch, see pictures and videos... You can control who you invite to be friends and that is good.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:50 AM

I enjoy it and have caught up with lots of HS friends and acquaintances this way. I just don't post anything too personal and if I need to ask a personal question, say, of one of my kids---I do it privately like we do it on here. I enjoy FB a lot.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:58 AM

In my opinion it is okay if you like reading dumb stuff. Most people on my facebook are always writing the same thing everyday. They write about what they had for supper or like my nephew, he is alway complaining about how stupid everyone is. I usually just go there now just to see if there is anything worth reading. I would much rather spend my time here on this board. Here I get to read and share about what I enjoy, quilting.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:19 AM

I need a tutorial on how to use it without endangering my private life. Spend too much time reading on this site to research it properly. Sometimes I need to communicate with somebody but can only find a share button. I wonder who I am sharing it with -- just with the person or everyone who is listed as their friend.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:26 AM

Time consuming, but good to be up date with technology
And sure u heard during last 3 months how much it helps to make difference, and still in some parts of this world.
And yes I need a tutorial on how to use in a good way. :shock:
Old 03-13-2011, 06:40 AM

I am a regular on Facebook and It has been a great source of comfort to me however I strongly suggest that you are careful about what you put for personal information.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:49 AM

I just use fb to keep in touch with long distant family and friends. Daughter travels greatly and fb sometimes is the only way to contact her.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:10 AM

I am on facebook everyday all day I keep it on so Ican see what family members are doing .... When you join go to farmville & be my neighbor.. Have a blessed day happy quilting
Old 03-13-2011, 07:15 AM

I am in my 60's and have a facebook page, I can check on relatives i don't get to see. Yes, be careful what you post, but if u want to discuss something private, then when that person is on facebook, you can instant message, and that conversation does not show up on facebook, it's just between the 2 of u! Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152445.png