Screw falls out

Old 12-26-2017, 10:21 AM

There are different sorts of Loctite, some more easily undoable than others. The purple, I think, is the eminently undoable kind, as I recall, but that should be easy to research. I got it originally for a Husqvarna with plastic bits in the bobbin race such that properly tightening the part deformed the part and the machine (a 19e?, 220v version) would not sew. I put the Loctite on it, snugged the screws up gently, and it's been sewing merrily for three years. (I also had to brass shim the whole mess due to plastic shrinkage: not a big plastic fan. Phooey on progress.)
Old 12-27-2017, 04:05 PM

It occurs to me that you are a very genteel group: no one said anything about your having a screw loose, which would have been the first reply at an auto mechanic's forum, for example. It's hard to be hard macho, I guess, when you spend your time bobbing little silver bobbin cases, tiny screwdriver in hand, at the end of a pink thread to see if your tension is just so.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:11 PM

Brass head, we males are significantly outnumbered in this group. No air impacts or torque wrenches here. but occasionally there are left hand threads.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by leonf
Brass head, we males are significantly outnumbered in this group. No air impacts or torque wrenches here. but occasionally there are left hand threads.
And remember that a few of us gals are also mechanics so while we may not be using our torque wrenches on the forum we do have them!

Cari
Old 12-28-2017, 03:48 AM

Heh. I was commenting on your civility, not your skills or equipment! I had an extended college career (sheer irresponsibility on my part) so extended that my college went from all-male to coed during my time(s) there. It was a much better more civilized place with the coeds around.