Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I would be taking the walls down. Wish I had a belly like that!
OMGosh...isn't that the truth! And you know what my DD said when she saw the pic??
"She's kind of got a tummy doesn't she" :shock: :shock: :shock:
It must be nice to be 17 and have the best body you will ever have....boy is she in for a shock in about 20 years!
Hehe! That is funny. I did some research last year about belly dancing and the best belly dancers were always the bigger girls NOT the skinny minnies. They were always way more popular amongst the menfolk.

Good grief I wish I had that belly and those hips!!

Oh hey after my surgery and I lose all this weight I am soo gonna get hooked up with a belly dancing class. That and I want to learn how to zumba. Now THAT is cool and sexy.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-119675.jpe  
Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

My sister takes Zumba classes and loves it. I had never heard of it before.

Missy they used to think that the bigger women were better at bearing good healthy boys that could work hard.

If you ask my DH he will tell you that once you have had fat you never go back.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Happymom6ny
Hi.. I need to lose weight and now that I'm in my 40's it's been really hard and I just keep gaining and I dont pig out or munch all day and I'm not a couch potato...lol But if you dont mind I would like to check back here even though I'm not signed up. I didnt see this post until last night because I'm a newbie and theres so much to look at on this board :)
May I ask how everyone is losing their weight? Maybe something will work that I havent tried. I need to lose between 40 to 50 pounds and that will put me to the weight I'm use to. I see you talk about recipes being here, are they on this post? Thanks everyone :)
I lost weight through exercise and increasing my intake of vegatables and greens. I also reduced red meat, cheese are simple carbs. I use livestrong.com. to record my meals and fitness daily. It also has an area where you can write in a recipe and it will break it down by calories.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

I forgot happymom asked that question. Sorry hun!

I gave up sweets and dropped 20lbs. The last 9 have been blood, sweat and tears. Just kidding, actually I still eat what I like. I just cut back on the amounts I eat and so far it is working until I level off again then I will make a new change. I just keep plugging along. Oh! I forgot I was also working out 4 to 5 nights a week but haven't done it in a couple of weeks but am ready to start back up.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:28 PM

My sister takes Zumba classes and loves it. I had never heard of it before.

Missy they used to think that the bigger women were better at bearing good healthy boys that could work hard.

If you ask my DH he will tell you that once you have had fat you never go back.
I agree with your DH!! I think that real women are women that have curves. Skinny tiny girls just do not look healthy to me.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-119678.jpe  
Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I think I am coming back to life here folks. Been in meetings all day long. Totally whooped right now. The voices are getting better and my mood is doing better too. Thank God. He does answer prayers.

They decided (I forgot to tell you guys) to double my cloziril dosage. I think that is helping with the hallucinations and my mood too. Yay!

Tomorrow I have only one meeting and it should adjourn at about 2 and then I have a luncheon to attend and then this event is OVER! Woohoo!! I should arrive home by 6 at the latest tomorrow evening.

I will certainly love being back home but I will miss this suite I am in. It has one of those chaise loungers. SO beautiful and comfy. There is also a desk with a phone and mirrors everywhere. Gawjess I say! The bathroom has a ginormous tub and shower too. Now for the comfiest part of the suite is the HUGE king size bed. Holy moly it is big and comfy. Right in front of the bed is a 50-something inch plasma tv. So cool is this place.

So now it is time to take my evening meds and my therapist has the emergency phone for the weekend. They have me calling that line every morning and every evening when I take my meds and to see how I am doing. I will call her in a bit.

I am so glad I have you guys and I want to make sure you all know how thankful I am for all your support and all your help on list and in PMs. Thank you thank you!

Love always,

Missy
Whooo Hoooo slow glad you are doing better.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Qbee
I would be taking the walls down. Wish I had a belly like that!
OMGosh...isn't that the truth! And you know what my DD said when she saw the pic??
"She's kind of got a tummy doesn't she" :shock: :shock: :shock:
It must be nice to be 17 and have the best body you will ever have....boy is she in for a shock in about 20 years!
20 years are you kidding Joyce who is finally a normal weight since going down to 80 lbs after her injury tells me the other day she stomach is fat. She has to exercise and workout. ????????????????????? is she insane. So once they hit their mid 20's they think their body is going down hill. So your DD has only 7 years to THINK she is falling about. If she has a baby it will be sooner then that. LOL
Old 11-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

Missy is doing better, I am sewing the last few days. I am not really up but I am able to hand sew the pincushions in bed. And Carries family probably had a 24 hour bug and are now buggin her today.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Everyone is feeling better. Eli's still not hungry but he got up this morning in a good mood and no fever and DH is up and watching tv. I sure hope he goes to work today!! LOL! I have got to get off here and get busy. Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 AM

Everyone is feeling better. Eli's still not hungry but he got up this morning in a good mood and no fever and DH is up and watching tv. I sure hope he goes to work today!! LOL! I have got to get off here and get busy. Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.
I'm glad everyone is feeling better.