Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-04-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by caboyd
I also enjoy fried cabbage slice the cabbage as if you are going to make cole slaw then fry ina olive oil with salt and pepper
Mashed cauliflower is also good cook cauliflower mash with a little milk and salt and pepper
I'm going to try the fried cabbage. It sounds good. I hate cauliflower cooked, I can only eat it raw.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:34 PM

I'm glad Lynne is taking the heat for 'kicking' Jan about going to low in calories when it was me. I shouldn't be doing any if I don't want it done to me.

Yummy veggies here, a purchased sweet and sour coleslaw ( no mayo - just vinegar, sugar and a little oil) mixed with cold green beans and lettuce. I like cold green beans with ranch dressing, too, but then I love vegetables.

Had electricity run through my legs for confirming the neuropathy today. Some from the outside and some interior with needles. Needles in the back, too. Not much fun, but I survived. The doctor was more concerned with the narrowing of my spinal cavity than the neuropathy. She feels that's the cause of the nerve damage in my feet. A MRI is next. Wonderful - I'm claustrophobic. The joys of old age. Getting old is not for the weak.

MJ, take care. I wish for you a quick diagnosis and healing.

Tru - I have an old pilates video. I will do it in once just for you to see how it goes. I also have a three Winsor Pilates videos - 10 minute, 20 minute and body sculpting.

Weight is holding, but not diminishing. Eat less, move more. Only mind over matter will make the Pooh (Judy) unfatter.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:36 PM

The cabbage sounds good too and we have some in the fridge so I am going to have to have my DH fix it for me. (he cooks for me, since I am handicapped and on oxygen 24 seven and we have a gas stove) Oh yes, and I am bsically lazy, lol

I have had a good day eating today. I was already getting discouraged because I got hungry, (I think partly because I am on prednisone ) but today is better.

You guys are encouraging to me. Jo
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 PM

Pilates, I was told (along with Yoga) is good because it will help to keep your skin from sagging as you lose weight. It won't stop the sagging, but it will help.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM

IrishRose, ask the Dr to send to you a place that has open MRI. I am claustrophobic also and had to go somewhere with an open MRI. BIGGGGG difference.

Lynne, I did good with my portions today. Breakfast, I had a fat free chocolate pudding (wasn't hungry, but knew I needed to eat something). Lunch was leftover baked fish and a salad. Dinner was the last of the leftover baked fish and some pasta. Snack was popcorn, and nothing to drink but water, water, water all day. Good luck with pilates. Have a good night, my friend. Sandy
Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by purplemem
I'm sick again. Running a fever, chills, bladder and kidney infection. Will go to ER tonight if not better by midnight. Feel really, really awful. Even took a pain pill, something I never do.
I'm sorry your sick again Hun. I will pray for you. BIG HUGS!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 PM

Sandy, several years when my PCP wanted a MRI, he said he would send me to Traverse City because they have an open machine and if I'd have someone drive me, he'd give me something that would make me not care where I was. We probably have that machine now as we have a new multi million dollar imaging center. There's no sense arguing now. Even if I don't do anything, I need to know what's going on.

BTW, have you ckecked your local PBS station for 'Sit and Be Fit'. She uses a ball (dollar store), weights, a towel and bands on alternate days. The first part is seated and on the second, you can sit or stand.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Update on my daughter.
Took her to the gynecologist this morning and he changed her pills to Lo Lo Estrin. He said the Yaz is way to strong for her. The Dr. gave samples just incase these do not work for her.

How many of you had to deal with the severe thunderstorms today? I got kind of crazy and I was out in the middle of it. It got scary when the rain was coming down so hard that I could barely see to drive.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

I hate my sister and may she rot in hell for all eternity. As most of you know I was abused my entire life until I moved to Ohio. That was 1 of the reasons I move. I have not spoken to my sister in over 18 months. I just received an email from my sister. It said Uncle Eugene died Saturday. That was it nothing more. She waited 2 days to tell me. Nothing about a funeral or anything. What the heck is wrong with her? He was my favorite uncle. I will misss him!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

Tru I'm sorry. I'm sorry for your loss and that your sister is a cold hearted B!!! She may as well as not had told you if she can't give you more info then that.
I love you!