Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-05-2011, 11:47 AM

Well if I have any advice for anyone it is to never con yourself into taking a "break" from your eating plan. It is so dang hard to make yourself get back on track! I keep playing lets make a deal in my head. "Well I will just finish that up then get back on or I will start in the morning" there is so much mental stuff that goes with all of this overeating thing! Who am I trying to fool? I am only cheating myself. I knew the first few days of Oct. were going to have big obsticles but today has been good and it actually feels good to be back on track.My advice is don't let yourself get off track in the first place, get back on track the very next meal before you fall back into old habits.:)

Irish your quilt is very stunning! nice job!

Jeri I am looking forward to seeing some of the new recipes. Please share some with us.

By the way I was wondering what everyones favorite salad dressing is? I love salad but unfortuniately ranch is my favorite dressing and even the light adds up calorie wise pretty fast so I was courious what everyone enjoys on thier salads.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sandy. If anyone would like to send her a card I have her addy I am not sure if it is ok to give it out though. MJ what are your thoughts on this?

I am on my 3rd 24oz glass of lemon water. yipee! :XD:
Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Well if I have any advice for anyone it is to never con yourself into taking a "break" from your eating plan. It is so dang hard to make yourself get back on track! I keep playing lets make a deal in my head. "Well I will just finish that up then get back on or I will start in the morning" there is so much mental stuff that goes with all of this overeating thing! Who am I trying to fool? I am only cheating myself. I knew the first few days of Oct. were going to have big obsticles but today has been good and it actually feels good to be back on track.My advice is don't let yourself get off track in the first place, get back on track the very next meal before you fall back into old habits.:)

Jeri I am looking forward to seeing some of the new recipes. Please share some with us.

By the way I was wondering what everyones favorite salad dressing is? I love salad but unfortuniately ranch is my favorite dressing and even the light adds up calorie wise pretty fast so I was courious what everyone enjoys on thier salads.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Sandy. If anyone would like to send her a card I have her addy I am not sure if it is ok to give it out though. MJ what are your thoughts on this?

Rita, I also have Sandys snail mail addy. She IS answering PM's from the Board.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Yes, Dody, she should be staying in the US. I sure hope so anyway. She did mention that next week she might drive to Michigan to visit her boyfriend that she met while in Korea. She's always been a busy girl so I really didn't expect her to stay home too long.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Leann

Rita, I also have Sandys snail mail addy. She IS answering PM's from the Board.
Thanks Lynne, we spoke earlier. I was just thinking it might be a nice gesture if anyone wanted to send her a card letting her know we are thinking of her.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:14 PM

Judy, your quilt is gorgeous! I have copied and saved the pattern. Can you really make it in 4 hours?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 PM

Rita'smom; ranch was always my first choice too but I have switched to Ken's Raspberry Pecan (not raspberry walnut~ that one is gross) with a few pecans & dried crasins tossed in the salad. It's quite good!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:38 PM

You guys are inspiring me to drink the water. I am on my 3rd fill up.
A favorite salad dressing at our house is Alder Market it is suppose to be a spinach salad dressing, but we use it on all our salads. Not sure if it is carried everywhere.

Thanks for the good advice on keeping on the wagon Rita, that is what I hope to do. Have a wonderful and successful week.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:57 PM

this is super! there are so many voices!! i don't know who to address, but keep it up! it's wonderful to have all this enthusiasm!!
lynne-- the mri is for a persistent headache that now leaves and returns, with pain thru the eye. i have had worse, but never one so long lasting. also, i have balance issues which might be related(?). i think they're looking for a tumor, growth, anuerism, stray thought, possible rutabagas and cobwebs. if they're looking for a brain they chose the wrong girl!!
one trick i learned on ww is to have your salad dressing separate from your salad. then dip your fork into the dressing, load up with salad, and eat. you use incredibly less dressing, so you can have the kind you like and afford the calories, too. tummy!
i want to make a point that there are no 'bad' foods. a bite (and i mean just a taste) of cake or pie won't derail you, but you have to be able to stop after one bite. for dessert in the evening i have key lime yogurt with one oreo broken up and stirred in. it's so good, and i fit it into my plan. i also sometimes have frozen yogurt, blue bunny makes a good vanilla, and as long as i've included it when i set my caloric intake, then it isn't a bad food. same with anything you want to eat. when you are out. choose salad or hamburger, no bun. lettuce, tomato, onions and pickle are all good. tuna salad, light on the mayo, with a lettuce wrap is great. chicken soup, go light on the noodles, etc. there are whole foods on every menu, you just need to find them and strip them down to a healthy form. most restaurants have vegetarian options and those are usually quite good and dieter friendly. if you have to eat high calorie food don't eat a lot, or you can plan to eat light your next 2 meals. it's a big picture, and even tho' little things count, go for the overall plan which is to make good healthy choices and to minimize the effect of a poor choice. so one burrito won't sink your diet if it's followed by a salad meal, or just a light calorie, no-to-low fat. end of lecture! just remember, food doesn't make you eat it. it's your choice, but you can have your cake and eat it too.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:35 PM

Nancia beat me to it. Your sweet/sour taste receptors are on the front of your tongue, so the tip of the fork dipped in dressing works well. I don't like the oily smell of regular or the sugary taste of fat free, so it's Marzetti Light Ranch for me most of the time.

Dinner was yummy. Chicken/pasta/spices/fat free condensed milk (a tiny sprinkle of Parm cheese) with broccoli. I was still hungry, so I had some fresh tomatoes.

I didn't get to deliver the quilt. My grandson is ill. I was on tap to take him to the doctor, but his mother got out early. I laughed when I was questioning her about how long he's been coughing, etc. Remember when I wouldn't go to the clinic because they ask too many questions? I was the questioner this time.

Pam H, I'm glad Kelsey will be here soon. Where in Michigan is the boyfriend? No, I don't see how you could do that quilt in four hours - even the 2 color variety. I know I'm slow because I'm new to this, but 4 hours?? BTW, thank you to everyone for the kind remarks.

Time to take the dogs out again. My dinner is making my gall bladder hurt. Maybe walking will help.

Healthy eating and something to smile about are my evening wishes for you all.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:47 PM

Good evening friends.

Rita's mom, I agree that a mailed note to Sandy is the best way to go. A whole mail box full. Super job on the water today!

Pam, I would be so antsy to have my daughter home. Hope she stays long enough for you.

Nancia, I hope the mri gives you an answer and your doctor has an effective treatment.

Irish, have you had your first freeze? When I lived in west Texas, our first one was usually around Halloween. Here in deep SE Texas, we are looking at Thanksgiving or later.

In spite of my sleepless night, I DID finish my bargello borders. I also got the label made - I am gonna incorporate that into the pieced back. I hope to get started on that tomorrow, but DH has a list for me so it may be a little start. It finished bigger than I expected, 72 x 92, and I am glad. Without borders it was much too small. Too bad for me, but I have gotten attached to it. Need to get it finished and wrapped. Josh named it Penguins All The Way Down - a personal joke from a class discussion. Can you see the penguins?

Folded over the deck railing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266887[/ATTACH]

Hanging Wonky on my Bedroom wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266888[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-266834.jpe   attachment-266835.jpe