Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Mission: Organization
  • Let's Organize Something Today >
  • Let's Organize Something Today

• Let's Organize Something Today

Old 05-11-2016, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Notwendy
    Glad to hear you're feeling more chipper (though still see the doc). Your list is great - but the final item is the best. That feeling of weight that lifts when we let something go that no longer gives us pleasure. I am trying to remove the word "should" from my vocabulary. i.e. I should finish it because ... Self-imposed obligation should take a flying leap!
    "Should" is an instant motivation KILLER for me. Especially when used with any of my hobbies which "should" NOT be obligatory in any way. I don't like to hear what I should do from other people in that regard, either. Suggestions? Yes. Ideas? Certainly. If I ask, of course. Otherwise, I'm rather shrewd at detecting what I think is implied . I don't even want to be told I should finish something just because _______________ (I started it, I paid good money, it's pretty to them) etc. It makes me wither!
    Old 05-11-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1
    DH took both of my sets of 3-drawers for his smaller office since he has no desk drawers, I bought 2 more, but one is wider. I need to find everything that was in the other drawers and organize them. One problem I have is that one of them will hold sewing stuff (needles, bobbins, etc) right by the machine and the drawers are pretty deep. Has anyone done anything to organize the vertical space so everything does not feel like it is just junked in there?
    Another question, I have some of those big stacking drawers and they are a real disappointment. Pulling out the bottom one is fine, but pulling out the upper ones can cause it to tip -- does anyone know how to stabilize them? Thanks.
    By "vertical space" are you referring to the space inside the vertical storage drawer units, or the vertical space in general (ie. walls/doors)?

If inside of drawers for the sewing stuff (needles, bobbins, pins, etc) I use several sturdy, pretty, small boxes and their lids.
    Old 05-12-2016, 05:32 AM

Love little boxes if I can just remember what is in them.
    Old 05-13-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper
    Love little boxes if I can just remember what is in them.
    Since mine are in a drawer, I don't cover them. Most are the in the Box which sits inside its lid for extra stability and so that I don't lose it. Voila! No labeling or forgetting .
    Old 05-13-2016, 11:13 AM

excellent zozee.

I started a bargello class yesterday and you want to talk about organized. I've made a label for every strip. Along with a separate baggy for each placemat. I know very an** right?
    Old 05-19-2016, 04:17 PM

excellent zozee.

I started a bargello class yesterday and you want to talk about organized. I've made a label for every strip. Along with a separate baggy for each placemat. I know very an** right?
    TK: I did a bargello and quickly found if you are not an*l about organizing, it is Super easy to make a mistake. Ask my poor retired seam ripper!
    Old 05-20-2016, 03:10 AM

lol, a retired seam ripper I love it! Even with all of the labels I still have to rip and resew one loop. But I'm getting there. I love the look. I'm thinking I'd like to do a bigger one when I grow up as a quilter.
    Old 05-23-2016, 01:18 PM

Saturday, 5-21-16, I separated my blue fabric (yardage, FTQR, some larger strips). SO that's step 1 on putting things in color order. Also filled the "large floral" bin.
    I'll report as I go along.
    Old 05-24-2016, 03:11 AM

I have a shelf where I put materials that go on current quilts that I am working on. It got absolutely loaded during the pet bom challenge at my quilt club. So I've separated out the colors and I managed to fold and put away the black, white, yellow, cream, browns. I still have the rest of the color wheel to do. I thought I had posted this but I couldn't find the post so if it is a repeat please ignore me. I have a tendency to ramble.
    Old 05-24-2016, 06:12 AM
    Power Poster

Keep your eyes open for when Michael's has their sales for scrapbook keepers. They are 14"x14"x3". I use them as project boxes. I keep the fabric and patterns in the boxes. I can fit a project in the clear box for as large as a king. I just label the outside.
    I have a shelf where I put materials that go on current quilts that I am working on. It got absolutely loaded during the pet bom challenge at my quilt club. So I've separated out the colors and I managed to fold and put away the black, white, yellow, cream, browns. I still have the rest of the color wheel to do. I thought I had posted this but I couldn't find the post so if it is a repeat please ignore me. I have a tendency to ramble.