Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 AM

Well you guys I have finally faced the music and gotten myself together after the dredded and disastrous 4th. I am such a binge eater. Once I blow it I am gone in sugar land for as long as it takes me to get it together. In this case 8 days of sugar. I have been reading this thread though and am so proud of everyone staying strong. I'm sure if I had not been reading all your posts I would still be out there in the dreaded surgar fog. Thanks so much for being here you guys. Today is a new (and clean) day for me!

Vovoa
Old 07-12-2010, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by vovoa
Well you guys I have finally faced the music and gotten myself together after the dredded and disastrous 4th. I am such a binge eater. Once I blow it I am gone in sugar land for as long as it takes me to get it together. In this case 8 days of sugar. I have been reading this thread though and am so proud of everyone staying strong. I'm sure if I had not been reading all your posts I would still be out there in the dreaded surgar fog. Thanks so much for being here you guys. Today is a new (and clean) day for me!

Vovoa
I do the same thing, once I binge it's all down hill. I use to go to Overeaters, a 12 step program. I did learn from them to plan what I need to eat and write it down. There are foods I find are triggers for me. I will eat the most awful things, I'm like a drug addict. For me it doesn't have to be sugar.

Just hang in there, as you said, "Today is a new ( and clean) day..."
Old 07-12-2010, 09:38 AM

This morning, my dh paid me a huge compliment. He said that since I have been losing weight, my snoring has greatly improved. :lol: I am down 29 pounds in a little over a month. I am feeling so much better. I still need to lose a bunch more, but I am getting there.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
This morning, my dh paid me a huge compliment. He said that since I have been losing weight, my snoring has greatly improved. :lol: I am down 29 pounds in a little over a month. I am feeling so much better. I still need to lose a bunch more, but I am getting there.
YAY MistyMarie!!! That is wonderful!

Missy
Old 07-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Congratulations Missy! That's great news.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:37 PM

Yeah Misty!!! What a nice thing for your DH to say. He's a keeper. You keep up the good fight.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:39 PM

Hey Vovoa So glad you are here with us. Forget the yesterdays and focus on the todays. Hugs.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 PM

That is wonderful Missy.

I don't really know why, but the last few days I have been really HUNGRY. I crave salad and fruit and granola and nuts. I want bran muffins for breakfast and a gigantic taco salad for dinner. Tomorrow is a new day. Perhaps I need to pay more attention to drinking my water and tea.

Glad you are all doing well. It is mid-way through the month, don't let up now.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:22 AM
Gal

Hi girls, have not been on much as life has been busy busy busy, and also I had to get a new battery for my scales as it is so long since I last stepped on them Lol, that the battery went dead!!!!! Tomorrow wait for it ..............................drum roll...........
I am going to step on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to those of you have been able to lose some pounds and a thank you for the yummy recipes you have shared with us all, some I am going to try when I can get my head around the USA measurements that is!! I have managed to keep up my walking and managed to increase it up to several times a week. At first it was a bit tough to say the least but it has definately got easier as time has gone by and also I am doing it in better time now!
Not going on any fad diets as I said, just cutting back on the size of the portions and trying to eat sensibly! I do not think I am going to win any marathons here but I really do feel a lot better in myself already!
As they always say, it has to be a lifestyle change, and something which you can actually stick to!
Keep up the good work everyone!

Gal
Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 PM

I'm not going to win a marathon, but I will finish. Last works.

Feel better about myself this week, it's hard to keep positive when trying to lose weight.