Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-06-2011, 06:39 PM

Cindy,
I think that will be fine. Use the weight you last knew and confirmed. The point is the healthy lifestyle change.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 PM

I think your last known weight is good enough for this group...at least that's my vote. Really glad you are feeling better and hope all is well.

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
well since I was in the hospital on the first and not sure of what my weight was on that day. I was going to use the last know weight I know of from my admission to the hospital if that is ok with everyone. If not I will just be here for encouragement and support. Please let me know what you all think I should do. I want to be fair and honest.

Thanks for your input here.

Blessings
Cindy
Old 10-06-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Cindy,
I think that will be fine. Use the weight you last knew and confirmed. The point is the healthy lifestyle change.
Thanks MJ & Podunk Princess, I just want to be fair

Cindy
Old 10-06-2011, 08:48 PM

I make my smoothies using Aria and flax seed. I put a 1/2 glass of nonfat milk, 1/2 cup on non fat yogurt, 1 frozen peeled banana, the Aria and flax seed in a cup and blend with a hand blender. It is low in glycemic levels and tastes great. Sometimes I put another fruit in such as strawberries.with the banana. It is a great way to have breakfast on the way to work.

Originally Posted by Country1
Okay I'm upset. I have been buying smooth mix at Sam's Club in the freezer section for a while now. They are healthy, low carbs, and don't increase my glucose levels and are super easy to make. Well anyway, Sam's here has quit carrying them, they are alot more expensive at Kroger and Walmart.
Does anyone on here have a good fruit smoothie recipe. I bought some of the cheaper brands and they were not as good.
If you do please let me know! Thanks, Penny
Old 10-07-2011, 03:10 AM

Good morning! On my way to the hospital now for procedure. Will update when I get out!

Hugs to all of you! Stay on program today...I won't be here to watch you...so I'm holding you to the honor code...keep your word.

MJ
Old 10-07-2011, 03:13 AM

Good morning everyone!

My given birth name was Georgene but no one (including me) really liked it so I was Genie most of my preschool years. Then family decided that I should have something more mature for school years so I've been Jeanne ever since.

I forgot to weigh in when I first got up this morning and by the time I remembered I had already consumed several large cups of coffee so my weight was up 1.5 lbs. I'm pretty sure it's water weight. My clothes are looser so I doubr that I really gained the weight.

There's some real yummy recipes coming on this thread - good job girls.

Glad to hear all those who have been ill seem to be improving. I had one episode (I used to call them hypglycemic episodes) but now I don't know what to call them since neurologists thinks they are mini seizures. Anyway I had one yesterday but it didn't last long so it seems the new medicine is helping.

I'm not always good in addressing everyone individually but know that I read all your posts and will try to.

nancia good luck with your mri. Let us know how it turns out.

My DGS moved the last of his things out last night DH and I know it had to happen but still was a sad time.

Well once again it's time to give my furbabies their meds and breakfast. If I don't start soon, they will began to remind me at the top of their lungs!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:40 AM

I am Theresa. I have never been called anything different. Works for me. You don't see many Theresas around. Especially not with the H.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:08 AM

Google smoothie recipes ...there are lots out there.[quote=Country1
Does anyone on here have a good fruit smoothie recipe. I bought some of the cheaper brands and they were not as good.
If you do please let me know! Thanks, Penny[/quote]
Old 10-07-2011, 05:08 AM

Have had a good week. I have not stepped on the scale, but next Wednesday I will. It takes awhile for the body to get use to the idea that it will not get fed so often. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 AM

Well,I'm bummed ! Weighed in this morn & up one pd. :cry:
Nothing has changed. I eat a lot of the same food & journal the food/calories for every meal/snack.

I allow myself 1400 cals a day,but most usually avg around 1150-1250.Exercise is water aerobics & glider.Also same as always.

Have cut back a lot on meat.Eating tons of fresh veggies & snacks are usually a piece of fruit.Drinking an avg of 8C water a day.

If you have any tips, I'm all ears.Just can't figure it out.