Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-13-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
Zoey- what a sweet poem !

My family is ready to turn me into hoarders also - they just don't understand LOL
Thank you and the others who complimented my poem. I write them for yearly newsletters to friends in my Christmas cards. They put up with my near rhymes
Old 12-13-2011, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
And another area, the horse is 50 years old and was my hubby's, the cabinet was his grandma's
Lovely room. Santa on the roof...gorgous!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by btiny36 View Post
So my SS Package has been here for at least a month. At the time I had a extremely messssssy quilting room, so the SS Package did somehow get buried...BUT I found it and thought who would know right . Well I would...So I said SELF get busy busy busy so as not to be tempted. Well here is what I kept busy at: Made 5 quilt tops. The twister is quilted and finished, the rag quilt of course is finished lol I even embroidered a few blocks on it, the Heart quilt (name:Bali Love Song found at www.hoffmanfabrics.com 56x56) mine is slightly bigger. It is going on my longarm in the next couple of days. Then theres the baby heads, it is still just a top. The 5th one is one that just needs the top and bottom borders put on so won't show that....So as you can see I have been very very good and not shaking my package
All are first rate. I'm partial to the babies/
Old 12-14-2011, 02:30 AM

Dreamer,
Here is a new song that my 3yr old granddaughter sang to me all day on Sat.

Rudolph the red nose reindeer had a very shiny nose,
and we wish you a merry Christmas cause santa clause is coming to tooooown.

Pretty much sums is it all up, don't you think? LOL!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by zoeytoo View Post
Really! Who buys those exxxxxpensive machines? I didn't know rolls royse drivers sewed. OOOps. maybe you all have them and I'm the only one who would have to put it on layaway for 20 years...minimum payments.
I drive a 2005 Toyota pickup truck and I own 4, yes 4, Viking sewing machines that were all top of the line in their day. I have the Designer Diamond and I LOVE it, Topaz 30, love it too, Designer SE, and Designer 1. The Topaz was the cheapest at $3000. In my opinion you get what you pay for and these are all top quality machines that help me make a top quality product. Oh, I also have a Viking long arm. I don't take vacations, my choice; sewing is my passion and therefore my machines are my passion. I also belong to the "Life is short club". If I die tomorrow I will have been a very happy person right up to that minute.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 AM

I sent my thank yous and posted here also, and my SS also sent a thank you and posted here : ) , It's so nice that everyone enjoyed their packages
Old 12-14-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by zoeytoo View Post
Really! Who buys those exxxxxpensive machines? I didn't know rolls royse drivers sewed. OOOps. maybe you all have them and I'm the only one who would have to put it on layaway for 20 years...minimum payments.

LOL, zoeytoo, You are not alone. I think those machines ar soooo cool. But, I'm ok with my basic little kenmore sewing machine. Because those "little cars" far exceed my budget. I'm lucky to have my little work horse.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
LOL, zoeytoo, You are not alone. I think those machines ar soooo cool. But, I'm ok with my basic little kenmore sewing machine. Because those "little cars" far exceed my budget. I'm lucky to have my little work horse.
Just to clarify something, I too spent many years with one basic machine that clothed my family and decorated my windows. When my husband passed away he said he thought he left me financially comfortable enough that I could live in a way as not to have to work any more. I love my little home out here in the sticks and have no desire to travel. I have been blessed with a gift of the ability to sew. So I quilt for others on my wonderful machines and make gifts for my family. I certainly understand what it is like to not have any extra money, been there. Bless all of you, and you are more than welcome to come "play in my sandbox" and I will share my toys with you.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
Dreamer,
Here is a new song that my 3yr old granddaughter sang to me all day on Sat.

Rudolph the red nose reindeer had a very shiny nose,
and we wish you a merry Christmas cause santa clause is coming to tooooown.

Pretty much sums is it all up, don't you think? LOL!
DEB,
tell her that is the best song ever
Old 12-14-2011, 10:16 AM

anyone playing the PIF games? Number 6 is posted now, it's the WORST Christmas present received
http://www.quiltingboard.com/free-of...m-t172010.html