Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 12-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Oh my gosh I finally got it. Thanks to Terri.

As you can see I had a perfect Secret Santa, Rosemary
Thanks for all my gifts, I love all of them.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:46 PM

NauDeeGal I hope you recieved your ss package from me??? I haven' heard from you or seen you on the board? I hope you liked everything. I loved what you gave me. I posted a pic and a thank you. I will send you a PM also just in case you didn't see my posting. )
Old 12-13-2011, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
And what were you just saying to me the other day when I felt humbuggy (is this a word?)? You know you don't have to unpack all 18. I think I will just do SOME of mine. DGD will be here tomorrow, maybe she will help me get in the mood. DGS stopped by (he's a college student) this morning for a while. His mother (my DD) still thinks I am coming to dinner tomorrow. I told him no that I was NOT if his AUNT (DIL) was going to be there. My pumpkin pie is made, turkey breast is thawing in fridge, house is cleaned, and dogs got "sponge baths". They were chasing around the muddy back yard at the UPS truck, so I had to wash them before they could even come in the house.
I use the 'what would Jesus do" test when I have a decision to make. Like would baby Jesus want us to hold a grudge against a stupid or unkind family member or would He want us to forgive them, do good to those who persecute us, and turn the other cheek? I find that when my family or friends are stupid or unkind and I forgive them I feel better and things get better. The times I am unable to do this, things stay bad or get worse. Its better for me to try to do what Jesus would do or would want me to do. This is sent in the spirit of being a friend to you. Please do not be offended as I am only trying to pass on what works for me. I also had a big dog who was in tree destruct mode and a beagle who ate all the tinsel from the lower half of the tree while we were sleeping on Christmas Eve. It looked like a tool had removed all the tinsel and stopped half way up the tree. We worried she'd die from the tinsel but she was just fine. We had to take tinsel from the top and put some on the bottom, it was a sad sight. Please PM me if you want to tell me to take a flying jump in the lake, or wish me a Merry Christmas
Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
grann of 6 I thought I was the only one with "crazy family" My daughter has the worst MIL I have ever seen. I don't know if my DD will go there for Thanksgiving or not. I don't know how people can act the way they do. Especially since my DD and her husband are due to have their first baby in 3 weeks. Well, the MIL will be the one missing out. I should write a book. No one would believe the things she has done. Funny thing is, I worked with her for years and years. But things are different once you get "in the family". I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Take Care and enjoy the day.

Don't know if I posted or not, but I did receive my package. It came from Ohio!!! I did let the hostess know though. Does that count??
My MIL use to ask me to dice the onions for her Got to love a person like that. I forgave her tho and we got along ok.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by dressmakergurl View Post
I am jealous of all the Joann savings. nearest one to me is 2 hours away.
I am not a early bird shopper anyway. Spent the day appliqueing ribbon tree shirts.
They turned out so cute. Now to get them in the mail.
I recieved my SS package on Wednesday. It came all the way from NY.
Cant wait to open. Happy Leftovers everyone.
I do not know how to send pictures but if you do I would love to see the applique ribbon tree skirt. It sounds lovely.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
To get you all in the holiday spirit, I will share a picture of one of my trees. Done, yah!
This is the tree with all of our memory ornaments. Some of them are 75 years old.
It is lovely. Brought my spirit way up. Thank you for posting it.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by zoeytoo View Post
It is lovely. Brought my spirit way up. Thank you for posting it.
You are welcome. Here is my other one. It is all santas and snowmen.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2208.jpg  
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
song for today...my favorite by REBA

"Mary Did You Know"

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy has come to make you new?
This Child that you delivered will soon deliver you.

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy will calm the storm with His hand?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little Baby you kissed the face of God?

Mary did you know..

The blind will see.
The deaf will hear.
The dead will live again.
The lame will leap.
The dumb will speak
The praises of The Lamb.

Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know
that your Baby Boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know
that your Baby Boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
The sleeping Child you're holding is the Great, I Am.

We have an odd tradition. Every Christmas we buy the trashiest Redneck Christmas music CD and play it in the car while shopping. My son rolls his eyes This year when we got our 08 car it came with Syrius radio for 3 months free (Metro Ford...nice people to do business with) and it plays the older holiday music without ads. I am enjoying it sooo much. That's where I heard Pearl Bailey sing "Santa bring me a 5 pound box of money" which I love as much as Ertha Kits "Santa Baby". Thanks for the song lyrics.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Shame on all of you!!!! Now you have me all fired up to make cookies. When my kids were small, I used to make 100 dozen cookies and give them to teachers, mail them to all my relatives, give to the mailman, etc. I miss those days. I may just have to make some this year even though I am not having Christmas here this year. Have been e-mailing back and forth with my DGS in college at Virgina Tech. We have done gingerbread houses since he was 2 and he still wants to do it. So we are coordinating dates and setting up the plans so all 6 cousins will be here to decorate the houses. I make a gingerbread house for each one to decorate, they bring their favorite candy to share and we spend a night or in this case, day to decorate them so they can take them home. This year we will have the sleepover the night before the decorating. Six kids between 20 and 7. I can't wait!!!!
OH, that is picture perfect! Wish I had a bunch of grandkids or I had had a nice Gram like you. I volunteer in an ESL class but did not get there much due to helping get son to school but I will bring them treats and gifts and enjoy the time with them. Kids are the frosting on the holiday cake!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Still waiting and twiddling my thumbs! I guess I have been a naughty girl, but I just can't remember being naughty! Unless it was that day a few weeks ago when I wrecked the company car? Hmmm I was just backing up after having delivered a meal to a senior citizen when the car slid backward down into a ravine. (we had a lot of rain that week) I panicked and opened the door and jumped out not realizing I was up in the air 4 or 5 feet and fell down into the ravine the door snapped back hitting me in the head and knocking me unconscious into the mud (thank goodness on my back) When I woke up i couldn't pull myself out of the mud. I had my cell phone in my pocket(thank goodness) and called 911. the fire rescue guys had to pull me up out of the mud. I made a loud sucking noise when they finally pulled me out. It was so embarassing. I didn't even hurt the car that much just needed a tow and the tail pipe reattached, so I could'nt have been that bad could I? Oh well I'll just have to wait a few more days and see.
Lisa
Did this really happen or are you joking? If it really happened you are fortunate that it did not run you over on its way down the ravine! I had a closet door at work spring back and hit me in the nose. When they exray your nose they ask you to put your nose on a spot on the table. Boy did I feel stupid! Not the first time I've felt stupid tho